Med schools seeing where you applied

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tennis23

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused:

Do med schools really not see where else you applied? When I print out my AMCAS, I see a list of all the schools I'm applying to. Do they actually not get that sheet?
thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

post deleted

Last edited:
On the TMDSAS there is a question asking you where else you have applied, which I thought was a bit odd.

Members don't see this ad :)
The schools do not officially see where you applied. However, in one of my interviews, I was asked to what other schools I applied. I told my interviewer but wish I wouldn't have.

Yeah, I can totally relate to regretting being so honest at interviews, when the person asks "where else have you applied/interviewed at?". I was interviewing at UMiami and he asked the question and I said hopkins and some others and then the interview became sort of confrontational.....needless to say, didn't get in there.

ken37 said:
On the TMDSAS there is a question asking you where else you have applied, which I thought was a bit odd.

I found it odd too. Since I hadn't submitted my AMCAS yet when I was filling out the TMDSAS, I just entered all the CA schools I was going to apply to and left out the other out of state schools. I figured if asked about it later, I could always just tell them I changed my mind and decided to apply to more schools.

During my interview at Southwestern, one interviewer asked me where else I had applied and I kinda gave him the runaround cause I was afraid he didn't want to hear I had applied all over the place. I told him I applied to many of the schools in CA, some TX schools, and a few in the east coast. It turned out he wanted to encourage me to apply all over the country so I might have some choices as far as location. I guess I was paranoid about the question for nothing.

baddreams55 said:
Yeah, I can totally relate to regretting being so honest at interviews, when the person asks "where else have you applied/interviewed at?". I was interviewing at UMiami and he asked the question and I said hopkins and some others and then the interview became sort of confrontational.....needless to say, didn't get in there.

I never understood why interviewers do this. Do they not realize that getting into med schools is highly competitive and 95% of applicants are forced to apply to a whole bunch of schools? What difference does it make where you've applied/interviewed at? Kinda lame if you ask me.