Med students with ADHD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Very Organic

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hate to trouble you folks, but there has been a question on my mind for quite a while.

Do medical schools actually accept students with Learning Disabilities like ADD & ADHD. Would'nt med schools produce a counter argument saying that those with ADHD will make poor physicians?

I have recently been diagnosed with adult ADHD, and going to med school had been a dream that i had since very young - i just dont know if its even worth applying now.

Any help will be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

There are many doctors and medical students with learning disabilities and ADHD. I know quite a few. When you apply you should try to minimize that you have ADHD. If you don't use accomodations and it hasn't interfered with your GPA then I would not bring it up at all.

Megalofyia said:
There are many doctors and medical students with learning disabilities and ADHD. I know quite a few. When you apply you should try to minimize that you have ADHD. If you don't use accomodations and it hasn't interfered with your GPA then I would not bring it up at all.

Thanks for the swift response Well the problem is that I didnt have a good G.P.A the first 1.5 years of my college experience (~2.4) - it wasnt until i sought treatment that i found out why I had such a low GPA. :scared:

I have a much improved GPA now (3.2 )than i initially did, so i dont know if concealing this problem would help?

Members don't see this ad :)
Very Organic said:
I have a much improved GPA now (3.2 )than i initially did, so i dont know if concealing this problem would help?
Since it made such a difference, it would be worth explaining. This shows that you figured out the problem and worked on fixing it, which I'd think they would like. I certainly wouldn't focus on it, but it would be worth mentioning. Then if they ask you about it you can say how this helped you learn about overcoming obstacles or something.

And as for doing med school with ADD in general, it's certainly possible, especially if you know about it and it's treated.

aphistis said:
Disagree strongly.

I wasn't being serious for crying out loud.

I've just met too many people who use this as an excuse.

Couple this with adderall abuse and the issue just pisses me off.

Very Organic said:
I have recently been diagnosed with adult ADHD

I didn't know there was such a thing as "adult ADHD". Our professors told us that ADHD by definition must have had symptoms present before the age of 7.

carrigallen said:
I didn't know there was such a thing as "adult ADHD". Our professors told us that ADHD by definition must have had symptoms present before the age of 7.
You are correct.. adult ADHD is the same thing but affects you into adulthood. For adult ADHD you must have had the symptoms since you were before 7. There is a good likeyhood that someone who is diagnosed as an adult has a very mild case of ADHD or they were able to compensate exceptionally well until a certain point like when college work just gets too over whelming.

Or not compensate and get crappy grades in certain subjects, like I did. I had no idea until after I graduated college. Only in my post-bacc classes was I armed with this information and treatment, and it makes a huge difference! Those who don't understand, don't understand....

Reactions: 1 user
carrigallen said:

When I took psych this year (second year of med school), the lecturers told us that some of the symptoms are different. Unfortunately, I don't remember which symptoms are 'outgrown'. I do remember that the lack of focused concentration remains.

Members don't see this ad :)
Alot of times the symptom of hyperactivity gets replaced with feelings of reslesness and being figity.

Alright guys I know what ADD stands for but ADHD????? :confused:

Very Organic said:
I hate to trouble you folks, but there has been a question on my mind for quite a while.

Do medical schools actually accept students with Learning Disabilities like ADD & ADHD. Would'nt med schools produce a counter argument saying that those with ADHD will make poor physicians?

I have recently been diagnosed with adult ADHD, and going to med school had been a dream that i had since very young - i just dont know if its even worth applying now.

Wait, I'm sorry can you repeat that? I stopped paying attention halfway through...

Sorry, I had to do that :D

ADHD, ADD are reletivly common and shouldn't hurt your chances of getting into medical school....as long as you can cope with the symptoms. If you have a strong GPA/MCAT/etc, you've already demonstrated that you can cope with this problem and it shouldn't be an issue. Good luck!! :thumbup:

supereagles said:
Alright guys I know what ADD stands for but ADHD????? :confused:

If I remember correctly, ADHD is the term preferred by psychiatrists. ADD is the 'old name'.

Before ADD fell into favor, it was known as ?minimal brain damage?. Minimal brain damage then fell out of favor for ?hyperkinetic reaction of childhood". I wonder when the name will change next :D

daisygirl said:
If I remember correctly, ADHD is the term preferred by psychiatrists. ADD is the 'old name'. I also vaguely remember that the name used prior to ADD was quite horrendous. If I only remembered what I was actually taught in med school.

Does anyone remember what diagnostic term was used before ADD? This is really bugging me and I don't have my psych syllabus handy.

I think the acronyms are Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)

I don't know the "old name" sorry

velocypedalist said:
I think the acronyms are Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)

I know what acronyms stand for. I was taught that the use of the term ADD has fallen out of favor. Maybe it has only fallen out of favor at my school's psych department :) .

daisygirl said:
I know what acronyms stand for. However, the info that I posted pertains to what I learned in second year psych.

well I know you know the acronyms...but the poster a few posts back asked what ADHD stood for and that question didn't get answered yet....

daisygirl said:
I was taught that the use of the term ADD has fallen out of favor. Maybe it has only fallen out of favor at my school's psych department :) .

Yes, the name ADD is no longer used at our school either. I suppose they changed the name to emphasize the hyperactivity component.

Apparently some psychiatrists don't believe ADHD is a real disease:

http://www.adhdfraud.org/

velocypedalist said:
well I know you know the acronyms...but the poster a few posts back asked what ADHD stood for and that question didn't get answered yet....

yes it did. looks like someone else with attention problems....

-S

ADD=inattention
ADHD=hyperactivity, impulsivity

A physician told me that the commonality would be the deficit of attention. Some people are also hyperactive and impulsive as well and are diagnosed with ADHD. Physicians still use both terms even though the treatment is virtually the same. Hope that helps.

Of course that physician could be incorrect...LOL

euromd said:
yes it did. looks like someone else with attention problems....

-S

noooo...it didn't. Here's the response to that question

daisygirl said:
"If I remember correctly, ADHD is the term preferred by psychiatrists. ADD is the 'old name'.

Before ADD fell into favor, it was known as ?minimal brain damage?. Minimal brain damage then fell out of favor for ?hyperkinetic reaction of childhood". I wonder when the name will change next"

so my post was not a duplicate, it contained novel information for the thread...

carrigallen said:
Yes, the name ADD is no longer used at our school either. I suppose they changed the name to emphasize the hyperactivity component.

Apparently some psychiatrists don't believe ADHD is a real disease:

http://www.adhdfraud.org/

Yes, and some psychiatrists don't believe schizophrenia is a "real" disease. http://www.szasz.com/

Does that mean that it isn't? You take care of a floridly psychotic person and decide.

ADHD is now classified as either "inattentive type" (the old ADD) or "hyperactive type" or "combined type" depending on the sx presented.

velocypedalist said:

you answered it. how else do you answer the question: what does ADHD stand for? just type ADHD in a search engine for further info

-S

Just to clarrify a few things:

1. ADHD is the preferred term nowadays, even if hyperactivity is absent.

2. ADHD is not a learning disability, although it may be one of the causes of one. ADHD is a disorder characterized by an inability to remain attentive, hyperactivity, impulsivity, and other behavioral traits. Many scientists believe that one generalized abnormality in the styles of thinking of people with ADHD gives rise to the symptoms. Learning disabilities are characterized by gaps between cognitive potential as measured on IQ tests and performance on diagnostic achievement tests. Since ADHD may disrupt performance significantly, it may contribute to these discrepancies and cause the disability. Moral: one may have ADHD but still not have it affect them significantly on achievement tests and academically.

3. Yes, some psychiatrists and other experts do not believe the ADHD is a real disorder. However much of this is related to what characterizes a disorder. Most of the psychological philosophies characterize disorders by abnormal behavior (how to define abnormal is a philosophy in itself) that causes significant detriment to daily functioning. Few dispute, however, that many children and adults exhibit the symptoms commonly described as ADHD and that these people can be treated with medication or therapy.

for anyone who is interested

i have ADHD and i am a 3rd year in medical school. if you have it, nothing is gained by not saying anything. your school can give you the aid you need to excel even if it does take extra work and time on both ends. it's taking me a little longer to get through med school, but it's what i've always wanted. i think you have a harder chance getting into med school / graduating med school if you have ADHD and don't tell someone so you don't end up getting the help you need.

incidentally, don't know how many people are on this forum, but i would love to know if any others of you who are in med school or even working as docs have ADHD and what your experience was like

cheers

i think it's fine that people have ADHD but then you should be barred from becoming a doctor... it's quite simple actually.

typeB-md said:
i think it's fine that people have ADHD but then you should be barred from becoming a doctor... it's quite simple actually.

Right, because if you have an open wound and your patient has an open wound you could give it to them.

Then we'd have an epidemic of ADHD brought on by infected doctors. :eek:

EMTLizzy said:
Right, because if you have an open wound and your patient has an open wound you could give it to them.

Then we'd have an epidemic of ADHD brought on by infected doctors. :eek:

or the fact that maybe they can't pay attention long enough to diagnose a serious illness, or maybe they won't be able to stay calm in tough situations.

the fact is, we shouldn't have doctors with mental illnesses. would you want a schizophrenic doc or a depressed doc?

typeB-md said:
or the fact that maybe they can't pay attention long enough to diagnose a serious illness, or maybe they won't be able to stay calm in tough situations.

the fact is, we shouldn't have doctors with mental illnesses. would you want a schizophrenic doc or a depressed doc?

You, sir, are a complete idiot. If anything, doctors have a higher incidence of mental illness because of the tremendous stress they have to endure. At my school, the mental health clinic is utilized by over 50% of the med students for depression, anxiety, ADHD, etc. What makes you think doctors are superhuman?

i believe a good handful of students in my school have ADHD - afterall, they are popping those pills left right before exams :D

Very Organic said:

I would recommend that you definitely not bring it up on the interview trail/application process. Mentioning that fact couldn't possibly help your chances of admission. Percieved inability to withstand the rigors of medical education is the first thing that admissions officers will use to reject you. Use another "hardship" if you need one. After you are admitted, then you can seek help from the office of student disabilities or student psych services.

There are so many different branches of medicine. ADHD may preclude you from some specialties, but there are plenty of other ones that you could do, and do well. I say that if you can get admitted to med school and pass the boards, then you deserve to practice medicine. There's a lot of auto-weeding in the medical profession. If you can't do it, you'll learn soon enough to change your mind about your career.

Out of curiousity WHAT specialties would ADHD preclude you from? I really think that people here have some sort of warped view of what ADHD is.. seriously guys.. we aren't talking to 5 year olds that are running around bouncing off the walls.. These are people who have already finished their university studies or near to that and have taken an 8 hour exam called the MCAT. Obvioulsy if they are getting interviews they did well enough in both that they aren't inept dolts.

I know physicians with ADHD in all sorts of specialties.. ER, Surg, peds, psych.. they are doing quite well and are well respected in their fields. Two of those even have a learning disability on top of their ADHD - imagine that.. but they have learned coping mechanisms.

Incidently Harvey Cushing M.D.,the greatest neurosurgeon of the 20th century, had ADHD...

typeB-md said:

Um, its called the ADA (Americans with disabilities act of 1990). Its illegal to do this.. civil rights laws.. shucks :smuggrin:

typeB-md said:

that is probably one of the most ignorant statements i have heard in awhile. i am hoping that you have a really twisted sense of sarcasm. If not, do your future patients and colleagues a favor and aquire some knowledge before you make such judgements. There are plenty of successful people with ADD...there was a 60 minutes special with the CEO of Jet Blue who said he had ADD a few months ago. as for physicians i personally know I OB/GYN who sub-specializes in high risk deliveries and has ADD, situations dont get much tougher than that.

i think its fine that people are ignorant, but then you should be barred from becoming a doctor... it's quite simple actually

actually, at my school they even have someone on staff whose only job is to monitor "learning and educational disabilities." In fact, it's become so PC that one girl I know gets 15 extra minutes on her exam because she's ADHD. Come on, I'm all for fair and equitable treatment, but no one's going to get a extra little "time cushion" when there's a code. By all means, any one with a learning disability that's under control shouldn't be discriminated against, but we need to draw the line!!

sambo said:
You, sir, are a complete idiot. If anything, doctors have a higher incidence of mental illness because of the tremendous stress they have to endure. At my school, the mental health clinic is utilized by over 50% of the med students for depression, anxiety, ADHD, etc. What makes you think doctors are superhuman?

yea, i'm going to take advice from a guy with the username "sambo"

that's real culturally sensitive.

and that means 50% of your class is mentally weak. I find it hard to believe that half your class has depression and ADHD. More likely half your class is popping drugs so that they can study better. Doctors aren't superhuman, and it sounds to me like your class is on the other end of the spectrum. I think it's great to see that we have a generation where mental weakness is the norm and is accepted.

Megalofyia said:
Out of curiousity WHAT specialties would ADHD preclude you from? I really think that people here have some sort of warped view of what ADHD is.. seriously guys.. we aren't talking to 5 year olds that are running around bouncing off the walls.. These are people who have already finished their university studies or near to that and have taken an 8 hour exam called the MCAT. Obvioulsy if they are getting interviews they did well enough in both that they aren't inept dolts.

I know physicians with ADHD in all sorts of specialties.. ER, Surg, peds, psych.. they are doing quite well and are well respected in their fields. Two of those even have a learning disability on top of their ADHD - imagine that.. but they have learned coping mechanisms.

Incidently Harvey Cushing M.D.,the greatest neurosurgeon of the 20th century, had ADHD...

harvey cushing was hyperactive?

either way, ADHD in adults is the dumbest thing i've ever heard of. And i don't care to argue with you because i'm not the one shelling out $$ to the pharmeceutical companies.

the reality of it is, anyone doped on aderol can learn better. i don't want a doctor who is the product of drugs. it's normal to want to do things other than study, why is this so inconceivable?

Ross434 said:
Um, its called the ADA (Americans with disabilities act of 1990). Its illegal to do this.. civil rights laws.. shucks :smuggrin:

call it whatever you want. i don't want a mentally 'disabled' person as my physician. The ADHD crowd is just a bunch of pill-poppers like any other drug addict. Why not take some speed while we're at it... a little cocaine perhaps?

typeB-md said:
harvey cushing was hyperactive?

either way, ADHD in adults is the dumbest thing i've ever heard of. And i don't care to argue with you because i'm not the one shelling out $$ to the pharmeceutical companies.?

Excellent! You don't even need to do your psych rotation now because, clearly, you already have all the answers.

And how is it "reality" that anyone "doped on aderol" can learn better? Was this study recently published? I must have missed it. Silly me and my ADD! (and it's adderall, you twit)

And you should make sure you interview everyone you encounter to make sure they don't have ADD. That would be a bummer to find out your own doctor/dentist/nurse or candlestick maker overcame a disability. Those of us with ADD try to keep our horns trimmed down so we're harder to spot these days.

:rolleyes: No sense in feeding the trolls any more.

EMTLizzy said:
Excellent! You don't even need to do your psych rotation now because, clearly, you already have all the answers.

And how is it "reality" that anyone "doped on aderol" can learn better? Was this study recently published? I must have missed it. Silly me and my ADD! (and it's adderall, you twit)

And you should make sure you interview everyone you encounter to make sure they don't have ADD. That would be a bummer to find out your own doctor/dentist/nurse or candlestick maker overcame a disability. Those of us with ADD try to keep our horns trimmed down so we're harder to spot these days.

:rolleyes: No sense in feeding the trolls any more.

i'm sorry i'm not an expert on the spelling of adderall since i'm not mentally 'disabled' and can fair just fine with my natural brain.

and you know as well as i that tons of college students use adderall (i got it right this time) to get better results when studying. stop being such a tool.

it's not a disability and is likely natural variance... although you're probably the same type that thinks obesity is an addiction and a 'disease.'

typeB-md said:
it's not a disability and is likely natural variance... although you're probably the same type that thinks obesity is an addiction and a 'disease.'

I'm pretty sure it is a matter of semantics; define it how you will, the truth remains that some people have trouble focusing and staying on task and thus fit the diagnosis. Furthermore, these same people benefit from medication. If you are going to take the "natural variant" angle, then you should accept that people can take medication for their "variance" as much as some people take Lipitor for their "natural variant" of hypercholesterolemia.

Having a disease or disorder involving the brain does not by itself make someone incapable of being an outstanding physician, nor does it make them in any way intellectually inferior to those without any process. To think otherwise is foolish and uninformed.

typeB-md said:
and that means 50% of your class is mentally weak. I find it hard to believe that half your class has depression and ADHD. More likely half your class is popping drugs so that they can study better. Doctors aren't superhuman, and it sounds to me like your class is on the other end of the spectrum. I think it's great to see that we have a generation where mental weakness is the norm and is accepted.

what in the world is wrong with you? and when in your medical education did they teach you to equate depression and anxiety with mental weakness? as a future physician i hope you begin to understand the concept of neurobiology and the fact that these disorders all have neurochemical foundations.

personally i would rather have a doctor who has adhd rather than a physician who refuses to believe my condition exists and passes it off as an excuse for mental weakness.

also try to at least keep your arguments consistent. first you say that adults with ADHD should not become doctors, then you say ADHD in adults is one of the stupidest things you have ever heard. so what exactly do you think is going on here?

there is a whole spectrum of people each with their own set of eccentricities or disabilities as you may like to call them. and every single one of them has the potential to be a great physician. and no they are not mentally weaker than you. in fact i view your ignorance as a more significant handicap that a person that has trouble concentrating. i can't believe im wasting time on this, its a saturday night too...

bottom line, you better shape up and open up that little mind of yours. you are being weak and your patients will ultimately suffer. an attitude like that in our profession will do more damage than good.

Very Organic said:

I have untreated, self-diagnosed ADHD. I cannot sit still and cannot read for long periods of time (more than 3 minutes at a time). My thoughts are racing and I hear voices. If I can make it through medical school, anyone can. Go for it!

typeB-md said:
yea, i'm going to take advice from a guy with the username "sambo"

that's real culturally sensitive.

:laugh: I'm sorry but that first part was funny. My name is a style of Russian wrestling. You must be referring to the popular childrens' book by helen bannerman-- Little Black Sambo . Sorry for the confusion.

At any rate, are you in medical school somewhere? If so, it sure doesn't sound like they are teaching you much about that whole "not judging people" thing. I think you're going to make a horrible doctor unless you can manage to remove your head from your ass

ADD/ADHD (or depression, anxiety and such) does not mean that a person's mind in "weak", nor does it mean that they are "mentally disabled". If it someone has ADD, it doesn't mean they are ******ed or less intellegent. In fact it can be quite the opposite; there are many people that have ADD that also have high IQ scores.

Adult ADD/ADHD is not a "made up" problem, it is very real. Yes, there are people who claim it as an excuse so that they can get the meds or whatever. The people who do that are so wrong; they make the people who actually have ADD look bad. Not everyone that takes adderall or ritalin is a druggie, these medications can be extremely benificial to people that have ADD. Medication shouldn't always be used for ADD, but if a person is trying their best and they still can't concentrate for more than a few minutes then sometimes medication is a good option. Some people develop mechanisms that help them cope with ADD or other problems, but some people can't do that.

Having ADD, ADHD, depression, or learning disorders doesn't mean that a person would make a bad doctor. None of those always mean that a person is less capable of achievement or that they are some how "******ed". Learning disabilities can occur without having a lower than normal IQ, so just because a person has an LD or ADD doesn't automaticaly deem them as unqulified for a medical profession. For instance, dyslexia is considered a LD but that doesn't mean that a person with dyslexia is ******ed. It is unfortunate that some people think that these problems make a person a druggie, ******ed, or weak minded. It is also unfortunate that people who act that way toward an illness or problem is going into medicine. Seriously, I would rather have someone that had ADD be my doctor rather that someone who thinks that mental illness and ADD are fake. I mean, its almost like telling someone who wears glasses that "you don't need those, you can see just fine without them, your vision problems are all in your head" or its like telling a paralysed person "you don't need a wheelchair, you are just being lazy".

I am 20 and I have ADD, I wasn't diagnosed until I was 19. I can say from experience that it is a real disorder and doesn't impair intellectual function. I struggled through school when I was a kid. I was told so many times that "you can do better than this", "why aren't you paying attention", "you need to get better self-control over your schoolwork", "you need to put more effort" that is just to name a few of the things I heard so many times. I honestly tried hard to concentrate and pay attention, but I just could not do it. My parents tried rewards (like money) for doing well and also tried punishment (no tv until homework is complete or no friends over except for weekends) for doing poor, but I still couldn't do it. There were some instances where I studied my butt off and I would barely scrape by with a C, and by that I mean that if I were to have made half a point less it would have been a D. My problem wasn't all self-control related, self-control had some to do with it (I was picked on and teased constantly and that made me hate school) but it wasn't the complete cause of the problem.

Now that I am in college it is different. My grades are much better, and I enjoy college and usually look forward to a lot of my classes. I still have a lot of struggles though, it is hard for me to concentrate and do what I need to do. This isn't just with classes either, I often can't concentrate on things that I want to concentrate on. I can be watching my favorite movie/reading my favorite book and my mind will wander or I will start daydreaming. I also have to study a lot more than most people do to get good grades. Sometimes I have to take extra time to grasp a concept that most others already understand. I can read stuff and sometimes it wont "stick" untill I have went over it several times (except Shakespere...I can't get that no matter how many times I read it) And there is some stuff I am excellent at, things that I can do better than most others in my class.

ADD doesn't make someone less able to become a doctor. I, along with others with ADD or LD, have the capability to become great doctors. Just because we have to study longer doesn't mean that we are idiots. My IQ is about 135, I am not saying that to brag but to show that ADD doesn't mean mentally challenged. I also have been among the top students in several classes. So if people with ADD know everything they should, why shouldn't they be able to become doctors?

I do take medicine for ADD, it doesn't make me "doped up", it just helps me to function a little more normal. It really pisses me off when people lie and tell doctors that they have ADD and fake the symptoms so that they can get meds when they don't really need them. For one thing it can make people who need the meds look bad. Second, it is dangerous-these are controlled substances; Adderall is basically amphetamine. Why take it when its not needed? So what if it helps you can study better or stay awake to pull an all nighter-go get a red bull if you need the enery. I have to take the meds and I still have to study twice as much (or even more) than "normal" people (normal people not on adderall) to even get the same grades as they do! So nobody start saying crap like "well people with ADD get to benifit from it, so I should too". Thats just not true because a lot of times when ADD people take the meds they still have to put forth more effort.

Okay, I will shut up now. Good luck to anyone else who has or might have ADD/ADHD, LD, or a mental illness. Don't let anyone tell you that you are not capable of being what you really want to be. You can do anything you put your mind to.

This is going to make me unpopular, but. . . here I go. . .

I'm not saying ADHD is a complete fiction. Certainly, there are some people that have an attention deficit disorder and cannot function without the crutch of medication. That is fine, and those persons should avail themselves of treatment.

But for everyone out there who lets their mind wander during lecture or can only read about functional groups for three minutes before getting bored, let me spare you a trip your physician: you don't have ADHD. Practically nobody enjoys concentrating on physics or chemistry for hours on end--much of the material is boring as all hell. And yes, Adderol and Ritalin are speed, they will dope you up and allow for a superhuman harnessing of your concentration abilities, that's a fact. Caffine acts similarly.

I just love all of these stories about how "I was doing B- work my freshman year, but now that I'm on (meth) I get better grades." Of course you do. So would anyone who does speed. And anyone who says, "I didn't even know I had it before, I just thought everyone was like this. . ." you don't have ADHD either, but you'll still benefit from speed. It's sad that drug companies are so quick to act as dealers, preying off the vulnerabilities of ultra-competitive premeds, but that's the situation. You either give in and allow yourself to become one of their addicts, or you make the grade on your own.

If you do really have a condition to the point where medication is necessary, that pill is not going to be a panacea--it only completely cures disorders for premeds who never really had one to begin with. Those of you who really have ADHD and need to be medicated don't belong in medicine, pure and simple. Sorry, but I don't want some pill popping meth addict performing surgery on me. Nor do I want a heroin addict, a cocaine addict, or an alcoholic for that matter. Sorry.

Premeds will do anything to gain an edge, it comes with the competition. I swear if there was a pill that could convert lefties into righties, all the lefties would be popping and saying "I never knew I had this disorder, I could never write without smudging my notes and so I eventually gave up and didn't go to lecture. Now that I'm like everyone else, I'm getting all A's!" Of course, seek that cure-all in the pharmacy and you shall find. There's plenty of legal drug pushers out there looking to make money off your insecurity.

Fine, I said it. To tell the truth, I'm sick of everyone whining about how much better off they are on speed than they were sober. So now all of you junkies who are wedded to your precious little white pills can flame me. Go ahead.