Medical malpractice insurance for foreign students in the UK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KateW.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying for a four-week elective attachment in the UK. I found the very program I had always been
looking for and I am now prepared with everything needed for the application except medical indemnity insurance valid in the UK.

Since MDU and MPS do not provide international visiting students with coverage anymore, I guess I need to get a private insurance
but I cannot find a single company or broker in the UK which offers such product.
My home school does not have any insurance available for the students; in South Korea where I live students are seldom involved in medicolegal problems so there's no private malpractice insurance for students as well.

In this forum I found a number of threads dealing with this problem but could not find an answer. Has anyone here gone through this successfully? Thanks in advance for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying for a four-week elective attachment in the UK. I found the very program I had always been
looking for and I am now prepared with everything needed for the application except medical indemnity insurance valid in the UK.

Since MDU and MPS do not provide international visiting students with coverage anymore, I guess I need to get a private insurance
but I cannot find a single company or broker in the UK which offers such product.
My home school does not have any insurance available for the students; in South Korea where I live students are seldom involved in medicolegal problems so there's no private malpractice insurance for students as well.

In this forum I found a number of threads dealing with this problem but could not find an answer. Has anyone here gone through this successfully? Thanks in advance for your help!

I have the same problem. Did you find the solution? If so please share