Medical Marijuana Card Affect Pharmacy School Admission?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Honeycomb304

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have read the other threads on this forum about this topic but they all seem to be worried about a positive drug test.
1. I do NOT smoke or ingest marijuana in anyway.
2. I would pass a drug test 100% clean.
3. No criminal background
My question is would simply having a medical marijuana card, specifically a "Care Givers Card", affect my pharmacy school admissions? I plan on going to school in Michigan and there medical marijuana is legal. At least at the state level. I know if I register for the card my information would be on file with the state and the doctor that gave me the script.

Is anyone familiar with this?

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty sure it's considered a medical record so it should be confidential. But if they got their hands on it you might be screwed. A positive test will get you kicked out of school. They'll probably be just as hostile towards a card.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why do you need the card you don't use it?

Because my aunt is uses medical marijuana while she is going through chemotherapy. She wants to grow it herself but needs help and I want to help her but I don't want to do anything illegal. That is why I am looking into getting my card. I personal don't see it being a problem as long as I have no criminal back ground and test negative for my drug screens. Just wanted to know if anyone knows for sure?

Because my aunt is uses medical marijuana while she is going through chemotherapy. She wants to grow it herself but needs help and I want to help her but I don't want to do anything illegal. That is why I am looking into getting my card. I personal don't see it being a problem as long as I have no criminal back ground and test negative for my drug screens. Just wanted to know if anyone knows for sure?

Pretty sure they wouldn't know about it as it falls in the confidential medical records category. But I suppose it is possible to dig it up if they were looking for it specifically. I'm thinking you'll be alright