Medical Practise in The US post foreign Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jkulova

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

I have searched previous threads and didn't find any answers as pertains to the following. Would anyone be so kinda as to help me out with my queries?

1.) What are the requirements for certification to practice medicine in the US after completion of Residency training e.g in obstetrics and gynae in a foreign country? In this particular scenario Is it compulsory to redo residency in a US based program to be able to work there?

2.) Is it difficult for foreign medical graduates to enter into residency programs especially in obstetrics and gynaecology in the US?

3.) How much does a resident in training in the US earn in terms of stipend (if any)

4.) How much does an obstetrician earn n average in private practice and in govt practice

5.) Can one practice after having completed their residency in a foreign country but done their fellowship in the US?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey All,

I have searched previous threads and didn't find any answers as pertains to the following. Would anyone be so kinda as to help me out with my queries?

1.) What are the requirements for certification to practice medicine in the US after completion of Residency training e.g in obstetrics and gynae in a foreign country? In this particular scenario Is it compulsory to redo residency in a US based program to be able to work there?

2.) Is it difficult for foreign medical graduates to enter into residency programs especially in obstetrics and gynaecology in the US?

3.) How much does a resident in training in the US earn in terms of stipend (if any)

4.) How much does an obstetrician earn n average in private practice and in govt practice

5.) Can one practice after having completed their residency in a foreign country but done their fellowship in the US?

Thanks

1) you will have to redo a residency here

2)it is competitive and you will need above average scores on USMLEs

3)48~60K/year

4)250~300K/year

5)yes