Medical School Applicants with Pokemon Avatars

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We have an interview evolution!! @mehc012 is now Pidgeotto, congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like @mehc012 and @ChillDawg are desperate to evolve :naughty::naughty:
I was one of the first Pokémon avatar adopters, and I have been adamant since the beginning on the II/acceptance timeline. I think the other is quite silly, to be frank...nothing changes between acceptance and matriculation except that time passes. That's like evolving after being banked in the computer...where is the XP coming from?

Aww, thanks guys...I'm hardly the first interviewee in this thread though...look at @Temporary Superman 's sig! I just think II is a bigger step than matriculation, so I'm doing the II/Acceptance evos rather than the acceptance/matriculation set.

Haha, I think I only have these interviews because all of the schools I applied to I'm in the median range for accepted or higher. I didn't reach higher than Michigan. There are also still a lot of schools that haven't sent out IIs either. Since I only get one evolution, I gotta wait and hope I get accepted though.

I was one of the first Pokémon avatar adopters, and I have been adamant since the beginning on the II/acceptance timeline. I think the other is quite silly, to be frank...nothing changes between acceptance and matriculation except that time passes. That's like evolving after being banked in the computer...where is the XP coming from?

The II/acceptance timeline makes sense, and I agree with your decision to evolve (because after all, it's expected you'll matriculate somewhere after you get accepted). I'm just mocking the inconsistency here.

For two-evolution type pokemon, they'll evolve upon getting the acceptance.

The II/acceptance timeline makes sense, and I agree with your decision to evolve (because after all, it's expected you'll matriculate somewhere after you get accepted). I'm just mocking the inconsistency here.

For two-evolution type pokemon, they'll evolve upon getting the acceptance.
Haha, fair enough...but it wouldn't be Pokémon without some bizarre division amongst the fanbase, amirite?

Haha, I think I only have these interviews because all of the schools I applied to I'm in the median range for accepted or higher. I didn't reach higher than Michigan. There are also still a lot of schools that haven't sent out IIs either. Since I only get one evolution, I gotta wait and hope I get accepted though.
Right...you *only* have those interviews because you're a great candidate! That's AWESOME!!!

TBH, I was going to wait until I had completed my first interview before evolving, but I got too excited. Besides, this way I can think of it as: I earned the XP to evolve from wrestling with secondaries. Next, I will earn the XP to evolve battling travel woes, MMIs, and interviewers!

Right...you *only* have those interviews because you're a great candidate! That's AWESOME!!!

TBH, I was going to wait until I had completed my first interview before evolving, but I got too excited. Besides, this way I can think of it as: I earned the XP to evolve from wrestling with secondaries. Next, I will earn the XP to evolve battling travel woes, MMIs, and interviewers!

Thanks haha, but to be fair, UNMC interviews most if not all instate people that apply and my family has ties to Creighton. Nevertheless I'm still really excited, they're my number 1 and 2 choices!

Aww, thanks guys...I'm hardly the first interviewee in this thread though...look at @Temporary Superman 's sig! I just think II is a bigger step than matriculation, so I'm doing the II/Acceptance evos rather than the acceptance/matriculation set.

Looks like @mehc012 and @ChillDawg are desperate to evolve :naughty::naughty:

Congrats on the interview invite @mehc012 !!! And it does not matter that there is inconsistencies, I am putting the event that led to evolution as II, A, and M for interview invite, acceptance, and matriculation respectively.

A wild Koffing has appeared. @Lisha are you joining this? Let me know so I can add you to the list.

Haha whaa? What's "this"? I noticed many SDN users were pokemon fans so I decided to upload a pic. There is an organized effort??

Reactions: 3 users
Haha whaa? What's "this"? I noticed many SDN users were pokemon fans so I decided to upload a pic. There is an organized effort??
We're going pokémon for the app cycle...evolving when we hit milestones (individually decided...either II/acceptance or acceptance/matriculation or just acceptance if you only have one evo)! Join us!!!

Members don't see this ad :)

I'm evolving into (hopefully one of several) Eeveelutions after I complete my first interview, which will be at the end of this month. Look out for Vaporeon on September 1 :D

We're going pokémon for the app cycle...evolving when we hit milestones (individually decided...either II/acceptance or acceptance/matriculation or just acceptance if you only have one evo)! Join us!!!

Oh man! But I don't want to be a Wheezing!!! It's so unhappy looking!!! Well maybe that's med school...just a transformation into a Wheezing :(
Haha I will definitely join but maybe release this Pokemon and catch another

Oh man! But I don't want to be a Wheezing!!! It's so unhappy looking!!! Well maybe that's med school...just a transformation into a Wheezing :(
Haha I will definitely join but maybe release this Pokemon and catch another
Maybe you can go with a Koffee! → Starbucks evo instead :p
Clever+title+witty+description_ac8d4d_4894770.jpg

This is a wonderful idea - I'd like to be cyndaquil! Class of 2020!

Reactions: 1 user
This is a great idea.
Class of 2020~

love this idea- can I be gastly #2??

So with 0 MD school interviews I should probably change my avatar to a weedle or a magikarp then?

No! Be whatever you want. Magby is pretty cute :)

Found a Dratini in HeartGold! Gonna train it as the cycle proceeds. I'm thinking 1 level a week until I get an acceptance and evolve (level 30) :D
Screen Shot 2015-08-08 at 17.01.38 .png

Screen Shot 2015-08-08 at 17.02.14 .png

omg noooooooo everyone is changing to moving sprites :(

omg noooooooo everyone is changing to moving sprites :(

Just changing things up a bit!

Side note, for your Dratini's HP, maybe you could change it depending on your application status. Heal if you get positive news from a school and lose HP if you get a rejection? (Might be too much effort... but it seems like it would be fun to do!)

What happens if you pick Mewtwo? Destined to never get an acceptance? Or are you already a doctor and just don't know it yet?

What happens if you pick Mewtwo? Destined to never get an acceptance? Or are you already a doctor and just don't know it yet?
It's not allowed. I've been lenient but someone's gotta put a foot down somewhere :smuggrin:

Lmao! After looking at this threat I'm definitely going home and starting up the DS. I guess I'm going to have to play the new school game for now until I track down my original Red version.

Don't mind me. Just a friendly pre-dent admiring how terrific this thread is.

Reactions: 4 users
turning my house upside down because all I want to do is play soul silver (I think that was the last Pokemon game I bought) and distract myself until I wake up in med school

Took the MCAT August 6th. Been playing White to keep myself from going insane thinking about my score.

Reactions: 3 users
Took the MCAT August 6th. Been playing White to keep myself from going insane thinking about my score.

I've been playing White too, while waiting for schools to give me status updates. I haven't finished SoulSilver or White yet *sigh*

I've been playing White too, while waiting for schools to give me status updates. I haven't finished SoulSilver or White yet *sigh*

You both are really motivating me to play. I found my Gameboy Pocket (no color) but haven't found my red version. I know I can just download the emulator but I'm considering coughing up $30 and buying it on Amazon.

Damn, a positive and encouraging thread that unites premeds instead of causing fights? *knock on wood* These threads are far few in between... wish I could be applying this cycle to join in! Alas, dumb mistakes were made and GPA recovery had to have been made. Good luck everyone with this cycle! Will be following this thread and can't wait to see everyone evolve.

You both are really motivating me to play. I found my Gameboy Pocket (no color) but haven't found my red version. I know I can just download the emulator but I'm considering coughing up $30 and buying it on Amazon.
Damn bro, throwback to the 90's. I was kinda wondering if it was even possible to track one down and looked it up on Amazon. An unopened Red or Blue is $300 :eek:

Damn bro, throwback to the 90's. I was kinda wondering if it was even possible to track one down and looked it up on Amazon. An unopened Red or Blue is $300 :eek:
I still have the old pre-color Gameboy. Some ******* in the dorms busted my speaker, though, which takes 70% of the fun out of those old games :(

made an account to officially lurk threads with a pokemon avatar. count me in as misdreavus! :)

going to see if i can hold off on evolving until acceptance~

I still have the old pre-color Gameboy. Some ******* in the dorms busted my speaker, though, which takes 70% of the fun out of those old games :(

That 8-bit music is definitely soothing for some odd reason. If it makes you feel better, I let my friend borrow my Super Nintendo and he "lost" it. How does that even happen?