Medical School Interview? :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cherry12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum so please bear with me :p

I am planning to apply for a medical school in Indonesia (Universitas Pelita Harapan) through the scholarship admission. The admission rep told me that I will have to go through an interview in order to be considered for the scholarship.

Now, I am not sure what kind of questions they would ask me, but I am really hoping they won't ask me about any personal experiences... I had a communication class a while ago and there was this speech test and the theme was on personal experience. I decided to share an experience about my grandmother. My grandmother passed away a month after I entered college in the US. I couldn't go back to Indonesia for her funeral because things happened... so yeah. I was very devastated.. my grandmother was the closest family member that I had. I am not very close to my parents cos they always work all the time.

Back to the personal speech test... in the middle of my speech, I suddenly broke into tears. I swear I didn't do it on purpose, it just happened beyond my control. Good thing I managed to finish my speech (phew) although my face was crab red after that.

Those who have gone through interviews (or know a thing or two about how the interview process works), do interviewers ask questions on personal experiences? Cos I'm really hoping they don't. I am just afraid that if they ask me about my grandmother (or anything too personal, really) I might cry again. :/

Thankssss :)

Members don't see this ad.