Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

Medical School prerequisites after 2015

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by Dr Zoidberg MD, 12.02.12.

1. Dr Zoidberg MD

Dr Zoidberg MD

Pre-Medical

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hello everyone,

I plan on taking the MCATs in 2013 and applying after graduation in 2014. Being that the 2015 MCAT is also emphasizing sociology and psychology, should I plan to take these courses as if they are prerequisites before I graduate?
  2. AestheticGod

AestheticGod

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    You should take them regardless IMO. Don't think that you're going to take ONLY science classes in undergrad
  3. phikapdoctor

phikapdoctor

Pre-Medical
    I am taking them next semester since I am in your shoes too. By the way it's MCAT not MCATs. But IMO the best way to learn this new material is going to get the most exposure to it possible. You would be a fool not to take advantage of these classes as well as Biochem.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app please excuse punctuation and spelling
  4. MedPR

MedPR

Pre-Podiatry
    SDN's two biggest pet peeves are "MCATs" and "should I spend summer before M1 reading First Aid?"
  5. Dr Zoidberg MD

Dr Zoidberg MD

Pre-Medical
    True, kind of a dumb followup but most courses I have taken so far have been science related (Bio major, chem minor). I took only an intro psych course. Would you recommend that I fit in more psych/sociology courses in the meantime?
  6. Ost3oclast

Ost3oclast It's Teh Internetz Dood!

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I cannot stand MCATs.....ugh its my only SDN pet peeve.
  7. twizzlers713

twizzlers713

SDN 2+ Year Member
    make up your mind, MCATs or MCAT
  8. Josh7

Josh7 Relax

Pre-Medical
    Rocket Scientist
    I agree with you on that one. I think it's because it shows that he's never actually discussed the MCAT in real life with someone...
  9. Anathema

Anathema

Pre-Medical
    MCATz MCATs MCATS MCATes MCAT they're all the same. I personally hate sociology and psych classes. If it were up to me I wouldn't take any classes.
  10. LifeTake2

LifeTake2

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Great, I can see you studying for a pharm exam now.....it is close enough, don't worry about those extra letters!

MCAT = Medical College Admission Test. Since there is only 1 such exam, the 's' is never appropriate.
  11. Tots

Tots c/o 2017 Moderator

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    The 's' may never be appropriate, but it is also never a big deal. MCAT, MCATs, MCATz....it doesn't matter.

To the OP: If you are applying in 2014 then you won't have to take the new MCAT so I wouldn't take extra classes for the test unless you just want to take those classes anyway. I doubt the pre-reqs will change significantly before 2015, though keep in mind that some schools do require a significant of non-science coursework(Emory and UMich come to mind).
  12. pre med 2014

pre med 2014 SDN Gold Donor Gold Donor

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Will they be pre reqs or just included on the MCAT? You should take these classes though as your electives anyways

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal