medical schools in Europe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nammy231996

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi people, I am new to this forum . I don't know how it goes like. Have Just a question to ask. Actually I am from India. Just completed my 12th std. Now wish to pursue MBBS /MD from Romania.(English programme) I would like after my MD degree. Can I work anywhere in Europe and do my specialization or post graduation (MS) from Germany or Europe. Considering I am non EU citizen. How difficult would it be for me ?or would I have to get back to India and work there . I really want to settle in UK or Germany and work and practice there as a doctor . and i dont want to get back to india :p pleaee let me know if it will be beneficial for me to pursue md from romania. I still have sometime woth with me (2months) or should i drop and study in a private med school in india :( Somebody please let me know all the pros and cons.

Members don't see this ad.

Since Romania is EU, there will be no problem from this point.
You will have to find out if your non EU-Citizenship matters.
Good luck!

Please can you check with your friends or any known who can just tell that does EU citizenship matters. Please. Please please. You know its a great step for me to study abroad being just an under grad. I don't want to take a risk.

Members don't see this ad :)
You need EU citizenship. If you don't have EU citizenship most countries won't take you, definitely not the UK. The UK only takes UK grads, and EU grads with EU citizenship.

If you can afford it and have the grades you can apply to the UK, they will allow to to stay and work as a doctor in the UK if you do medical school there even if you aren't a citizen, but if you are an EU grad they won't take you unless you are an EU citizen as well.

So we can apply for citizenship as well ? And what will be the procedure then ?

So we can apply for citizenship as well ? And what will be the procedure then ?

Well you get a tier 4 visa in the UK while you are studying and during foundation years (internship). After that you get a tier 2 visa for residency/speciality training. After 5 years on the tier 2 visa you can apply for permanent residency and a year after that you can apply for UK citizenship.

All this requires that you get a place in a UK medical school though a non-UK EU school won't work.

You'll need to be an EU doctor to practice within the EU.
Finishing school in a EU country doesn't acquire you citizenship.