Medical schools in Poland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TanawatV

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm an international student studying in the US. I'm currently applying for medical schools in Poland and I don't know which one I should go for. There are Poznan, Jagiellonian, Lublin, Silesia, and Bialystok. These are 4-year MD programs.

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard great things about Jagiellonian. Do you plan on practicing in the US or Poland?

Hey lalex,
I've heard great things about Jagiellonian. Do you plan on practicing in the US or Poland?

I'm deciding between Poznan and Jagiellonian right now. I think I might want to practice in the US.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,

I'm an international student studying in the US. I'm currently applying for medical schools in Poland and I don't know which one I should go for. There are Poznan, Jagiellonian, Lublin, Silesia, and Bialystok. These are 4-year MD programs.

Thank you in advance!
I would go for UJ, although I'm biased and a current student there. Feel free to message if you have any questions.

Thanks for answering! At last, someone. It's driving me crazy since I can't find much information on the internet. All I was able to find was some rankings but I don't see any recent discussions about the two schools by the students at all. Are you in the 4-year MD or 6-year MD? What do you think about the cities, Krakow and Poznan?

Thanks for answering! At last, someone. It's driving me crazy since I can't find much information on the internet. All I was able to find was some rankings but I don't see any recent discussions about the two schools by the students at all. Are you in the 4-year MD or 6-year MD? What do you think about the cities, Krakow and Poznan?

I am in the 4 year program at UJ. I can't personally speak on the topic of the city of Poznan having never been there, but from everything I hear, Krakow blows it out of the water. Krakow appears to be somewhat of the cultural hub of southern, if not all of Poland. I don't have any Polish roots/heritage so that's just what I've gathered after living here for almost 2 years. Feel free to message if you have any questions about the school, and I'll do my best to get you some fair answers.

Reactions: 1 user
I am in the 4 year program at UJ. I can't personally speak on the topic of the city of Poznan having never been there, but from everything I hear, Krakow blows it out of the water. Krakow appears to be somewhat of the cultural hub of southern, if not all of Poland. I don't have any Polish roots/heritage so that's just what I've gathered after living here for almost 2 years. Feel free to message if you have any questions about the school, and I'll do my best to get you some fair answers.
Hey! I'm applying this year to the 4 yr program at UJ. Would you mind if I messaged you?

How is life in Poland for someone from North America? I know they are very modernized, but in terms of crime, safety? also I hear it is very conservative there and people are a bit more biased maybe against foreigners?

Like in Poland, every country have a forums, but something international just about beauty and health I can`t find.

If you have any specific questions about studying in Poland, feel free to message me ;)

How is life in Poland for someone from North America? I know they are very modernized, but in terms of crime, safety? also I hear it is very conservative there and people are a bit more biased maybe against foreigners?

In big cities like Cracow, Poznan, Warsaw, there's a lot of foreigners from all over the world, and you don't have to worry about safety.
Both, Cracow and Poznan are on the same level, but Cracow is one of the most polluted cities, so it's healthier to live in Poznan :)