Medical student hosting for medical school applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

For medical school applicants using a student host, would you rather have a M1 or M4 be your host?

• M1

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • M4

Votes: 29 70.7%

• Total voters

bigdogrob4284

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm a medical student trying to gather some information about applicant preference for what kind of host they would prefer if they used a hosting program for a medical school interview. Please fill in the poll and feel free to comment.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm obviously not an applicant so my opinion is biased, but M4 hands down 100%.

Reactions: 1 user
As an MS1, I don't know anything yet, an MS4 would be able to give way more information about the school and med school in general.

Members don't see this ad :)
MS4 for sure, they're going to have valuable information about clinical rotations that an MS1 or even MS2 won't have yet

I'm surprised that everyone is so certain they want an M4. As a 21 year old setting out on the interview trail, I would rather stay with an M1 who feels like more of a social "peer" that I can relate to than somone 27+ (who may be married, etc)

I'm surprised that everyone is so certain they want an M4. As a 21 year old setting out on the interview trail, I would rather stay with an M1 who feels like more of a social "peer" that I can relate to than somone 27+ (who may be married, etc)
Exactly lol.

I'd rather meet and talk and ask questions during the interview day with M4s, but would without a doubt prefer staying the night before with an M1. Easily.