Medical Student Worries....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goergetowni3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
im a junior at stonybrook, my gpa is 3.6 i took the mcats for the first time and got a 32, i have pretty decent community service hours most of which are in the hospital. im going to apply to the medical school at stonybrook...how are my chances of getting interview and accepted.....and what can i do specifically to improve my chances???...please help!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Shadowing is a good idea as well. For Stonybrook the mean acceptee has a GPA 3.7 and MCAT 32. You're close enough to have a good shot, provided all the other expected elements are on your application. Try to get straight As this semester to nail it.

I know that if i get an interview ill do well, many ppl say i have great personailty and on every interview ive been on (jobs, recruiting for sports teams etc) i have always gotten a positve response and said that i had very good ppl skills....my whole concern is getting that interview then getting accepted....idk can anyone give me some advice in exactly what i need to do to get in?? anything u know that can help, anything ill take bc i just need to get into med school, ive sacrificed to much at this point to go back now

i'm a stony brook student too. i just wanted to wish you luck!!! :).