Medical Students and Suicide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NontradICUdoc

Why so Serious?????
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received word that a 2nd year medical student in W. Va committed suicide not one month ago. Please, please, please if you are depressed contact your mental health office and get the help you need to overcome this. Especially if you have had some suicidal ideation.

This will not mean the end to your medical career, by getting the help you need you will be able to get through this bump in the road. This video is excellent and should be viewed by every medical student (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=150706).

Again, we are in a career path with a high pressure rate and it can get difficult. But it is not worth your life. Get your help, talk to someone, reach out.

If you are in crisis: 1-800-273-TALK

Thoughts go out to our colleagues in W.Va and to the student's friends and family.

Members don't see this ad.

Where is the video? I may be missing it...I just saw a thread with some articles.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, if they carry around ballpoint pens all the time, and they keep looking at your neck...