Medical Terminology Class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jnt179

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about taking Medical Terminology. Has anybody taken this class?

Members don't see this ad.

i was just looking at different courses offered at the university where i'll be taking my prereqs and came across a medical terminology course. i was thinking the same thing...trying to decide if i should take it or not.

take it take it take it! the medical world is a different language and the more you are exposed to it the better. it WILL help you out in the future.
i took one online and i'm glad i did.

Members don't see this ad :)
was the one you took online, offered at your institution or did you take it as distance ed from another school?

The class at my school is only offered through the distance learning program. I am not sure what all is required to get into that class. I think I am going to go this week and see what I would have to do to get into it.

was the one you took online, offered at your institution or did you take it as distance ed from another school?

it was offered thru my college but we had to do it thru a website (not affiliated with the college). caduceus international publishing was the online book and website we used. we had to buy the book for $100 and we could only use it online for one year. stupid! technically we could print the book, but i didn't want to waste that much paper for something i could easily google online.

i'm registered for the medical terminology course offered at my school this fall, and hopefully will enroll in the animal nutrition course through Purdue as well. i've emailed the professor regarding the chemistry prereq., so we'll see how that goes.

I took a medical terminology class through Colorado State's distance online, wasn't hard to register for at all. It was 1 credit, and $223, based on human medicine- but it is all pretty much the same stuff anyway. It was fun for a class- weekly quizzes, a couple of exams and I think two short papers on the use of medical terms in the media.

If anyone is interested:
http://www.learn.colostate.edu/courses/course.asp?course=OT+215

If it is something you want to study on your own, I love this book:
Learning Veterinary Terminology
Dr. Douglas McBride
Mosby, mine was published in 1996, but there may be newer ones out there.

Thank you to everyone that gave info on the medical terminology class! It was very helpfull!:thumbup: