Medical Universities in Indonesia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

driwantobe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any foreign students studying in Indonesian medical universities?

I would like to know about the course and the cost.

If any one has information about Indonesian Medical Universities, please can you share with me? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi...I'm Willy..

I'm study in Faculty of Medicine,Andalas University,Indonesia and I'm in second year...

Well...there are sort of 52 medical schools in Indonesia..
this is the list http://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sekolah_kedokteran
but just less 50 % of them who give their lectures in ENglish...

Most of them give their lectures in Bahasa (Indonesia Language)...
Therefore,Foreign medical Students who studied in Indonesia are mostly from Malaysia and Singapore who can speak in Bahasa...

there are International class for MD program in Indonesia who gives lectures in English,but,as I said,just less 50% of Indonesia Medical School..

about the tuition fee, it costs about US$50-200/semester if you apply to public school and $500-2000/semester if you apply to private school..(it depends on medical school)...
I don't know the tuition fee for International class

I suggest you to apply to Faculty of Medicine,University of Indonesia (www.fk.ui.ac.id) in Jakarta since this school have International class who has so much experience taking foreign student (other Malaysia and Singapore foreign student),and they have dual degree program from Australian medical school..

about the phase...we have three phases until we get MD degree..
3,5 years for pre-clinical studies
1,5 years for clerckship/clinical studies in teaching hospital
And then 1 years for internship (magang) in hospital or Public health centre (Puskesmas)...

We take Problem Based Learning curriculum to study..

I hope this information is useful...

I am an indonesian, studying in UK medical school. My sister is studing in fakultas kedokteran indonesia.

She's studying medicine at international class. University of indonesia offers this 6 years course - 5 years in UI and a year overseas (either University of melbourne, monash or Nots). There are many international students in there