Medical University of South Carolina

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anadrows

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Has anybody heard back from MUSC for regular admissions? Or does anyone know when we will start to hear some decisions?

Members don't see this ad.

I am waiting to hear for regular admission as well. As soon as I hear anything I'll let you know and you do the same! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied ED and the turn around time on was exactly 1 month after the deadline. anticipating the same for regular admissions.( i was deferred to regular) so any time now...

I'm so nervous to hear back! Ace1234- do you mind sharing your stats?

sure thing ( yea, i'm anxious too...)
GPA: 3.2
pre-req's 3.7
GRE: 155Q, 156V, 4.5W
I live in chucktown. If they send letters in the mail i'll get it the next day. will post when I hear back.
best of luck!

Last edited:
I just got an acceptance email! Good luck to everyone else waiting!

Congrats OTLove! I got placed on the alternate list. I already got into two other programs but I am still a little disappointed I didn't make this cut! What are your stats? Congrats again! :)

Anyone attending MUSC?? I just got the acceptance email (I was originally waitlisted)

are you going to go? b/c i'll gladly take your spot. haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else here apply to the MUSC early deadline this year? I think we're supposed to hear back in late November, right? So impatient... it really surprised me that they didn't want an essay, also.

Hi rcludo! I applied early deadline this year and am very (im)patiently waiting as well. I used the space for the optional personal statement to include an essay about why I've chosen OT.

I sent in my deposit and intent to enroll form this morning. Anyone else? I'm still waiting on other schools and will consider them if I get in but I definitely did not want to lose my spot here!

Awesome! Mine got deferred to general, but i'm crossing my fingers!

Good luck, @2514Thega! I am applying for the regular decisions, after speaking with Tori I'm anticipating we should hear sometime by late February.

@rcludo would you mind sharing your stats?
Also, how much is MUSC's deposit? Thanks!! :)

@rcludo would you mind sharing your stats?
Also, how much is MUSC's deposit? Thanks!! :)
Sure!
Major: Psychology and French Studies
Overall GPA: 3.67
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8-3.9ish
GRE: 168 V, 158 Q, 4.5 AW
Observation: 122 hours; the majority were at a children's development clinic and a sports care center (with a CHT); others are schools, sensory clinic, inpatient rehab, neurodevelopment center, hippotherapy
Other experience: 3 years in a psych research lab in college, 2 years afterwards working as a research assistant in a lab that studies autism, 1 semester studying in France during college and did some english tutoring to neighbor kids while I was there... a few various volunteer things but nothing big

Got my acceptance 11/20 and had until 12/16 to send in deposit of $500. Good luck!!

Last edited:
Wow, that's really impressive...especially the observation and experience! Congratulations on your acceptance, and thanks so much for your reply!

How did everyone hear about their appectances? Did they send an email or snail mail??

How did everyone hear about their appectances? Did they send an email or snail mail??
Email first, then a packet in snail mail a few days later. Do you guys who are applying through regular decision know when you're supposed to hear back?

I was told around the first week of March

Email first, then a packet in snail mail a few days later. Do you guys who are applying through regular decision know when you're supposed to hear back?

I was told around the first week of March
Wow, seems a little late given that they start in May! Hope they tell you sooner than that!

Reactions: 1 user

Last edited:
Has anyone who applied regular admission heard back yet?? I feel like it should be any day now!!

They pushed the decisions back until next week.

I just got an email from them. I was put on the alternate list :(

Seems like there is not a ton of interest in MUSC on this forum, but in case anyone is lurking and not posting;), here is the link to the fb group for our class!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/muscOT2016/

And I heard from Susan Johnson today that they are still filling the class - I THINK (from some deductive reasoning) they have about 15 spots left. Whether or not they have made admissions offers and are just waiting for people to accept, I don't know.

Did anyone apply to MUSC early decision this year? If so, would you mind sharing your stats!

Did anyone apply to MUSC early decision this year? If so, would you mind sharing your stats!
I did! Im so nervous because I do not feel my stats are good enough. I am still completing anatomy and physiology this semester which I feel will really hurt my chances. In addition my GRE scores are very low.

Pennsylvania State University- Main Campus
Major- Rehabilitation and Human Services
Minor- Psychology and Deafness & Hearing in Society
GPA- 3.63
Last 60 Credit GPA- 3.92
Prereq GPA- still completing 2 prereqs (anatomy and physiology :/)
GRE- verbal- 153 quantitative- 148 writing-4.0
Application verified- October 3, 2014
OT shadowing- Nursing home- 50, Acute Rehab- 12
Work experience- 520 hours Community Help Center Intern, 300 hours Penn State Group Fitness Instructor
Volunteer experience- 310 hours Crisis Hotline Counselor, 30 hours mentor to students with special needs, 220 hours PSU IFC/Panhellenic Dance Marathon
Extras- Delta Gamma VP of Panhellenic 2012-2013, Research Assistant 2 years
References- OT I shadowed, professor, and Advisor
Applied to- Boston, Midwestern, Pitt, University of Illinois-Chicago, Winston-Salem, Salus, Musc
Accepted-
Interviews-
Salus
Rejected-

When do you think we will hear back?

I'm afraid my stats are not good enough as well! It worries me that MUSC does not do interviews!
Major: Food and Nutrition
GPA: 3.5
Last 60 Credit: around a 3.7
Prereq GPA: around a 3.6
GRE: verbal: 152 quanitative: 150
OT Shadowing: 170 Hours in inpatient and outpatient pediatrics, geriatric rehab hospital and certified hand therapist
Volunteer Experience: Arts n' Autism, center for individuals with dementia, Mentoring at local elementary school etc.
Applied to: UAB, South Alabama, MUSC, University of St. Augustine
Interviews: South Alabama
Accepted:
Rejected:
It says we should hear back late November...I'm hoping it will be sooner:nailbiting:

I'm afraid my stats are not good enough as well! It worries me that MUSC does not do interviews!
Major: Food and Nutrition
GPA: 3.5
Last 60 Credit: around a 3.7
Prereq GPA: around a 3.6
GRE: verbal: 152 quanitative: 150
OT Shadowing: 170 Hours in inpatient and outpatient pediatrics, geriatric rehab hospital and certified hand therapist
Volunteer Experience: Arts n' Autism, center for individuals with dementia, Mentoring at local elementary school etc.
Applied to: UAB, South Alabama, MUSC, University of St. Augustine
Interviews: South Alabama
Accepted:
Rejected:
It says we should hear back late November...I'm hoping it will be sooner:nailbiting:
My GRE's are worse!! But I hAve a slightly higher GPA. I didn't finish my anatomy course though. So nerve wracking

Hey guys, I wrote this on the other MUSC thread but I am a 1st year there and and here to help if you have any questions! (About the program itself; I can't really help with opinions about whether you'll get in or not...) Good luck!!

Hey guys! I'm filling out my supplemental packet for MUSC right now and I'm a bit confused as to what to do about the observation hours log form. In the box for "Description of Work Performed" do we just put something like "observed..." and then list one thing? All of the detailed info about my observation hours is on my resume, so I'm not sure what they expect for the form. And there's hardly any room to type anything!! Anybody know what we're supposed to do?