Medical University of the Americas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lindsayhunt

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted to Medical University of the Americas and I was hopeing to hear from other students that have chosen to go outside the US for their med. education. This is a new University but I feel very confident in my choice. The staff has been wonderful and encouraging. I am watching their forum on network54 to see if any ohter students post but because they are so new and I am one of the first students, there isn't alot going on. The forum address is: www.network54.com/forum/49008
Their site address is: www.medicaluniversity.org
Their email address is:
[email protected]
I would love to hear from some classmates! Thank you and good luck to all!!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't goto your school but I hae some questions. WHat size are the classes? What kind of finical aid is available? What are your stats? (you can email me if you want it private.) I will consider applying to the schol next year. It sounds pretty cool! (and cost effective).
Thanks for your time!

I met two students from that school who were doing rotations where I am. The were both Podiatrists. They both skipped the basic sciences and were going straight into the clinical sciences. I think that the schools is different than caribbean schools in that students spend their first 3 years there and only do their fourth year electives in the US. I heard their 3rd year clinicals were very good though.

Members don't see this ad :)
How is MUA's residency placement compared to the other Carribbean Schools?

Tim of New York City.

I would be surprised if it was a good record.

I find this terribly interesting. The link above to the MUA forum goes to an "unofficial" page, but apparently, someone that can delete messages under the title "MUA Administration" is deleting ALL messages which even question the school's qualifications.

What's with the cover up?

I asked the same question regarding MUA's residency placement there, as I did here, and it was PROMPTLY deleted.

It's a shame that these Island schools drag so many kids into the money pit. These start-ups are more volatile than some IPOs. Even Crazy Eddie (These Prices are Insane) started an Island medical school.

The lesson to be learned: If you're headed South of the Border, go to SGU at least. At least they *appear* to be halfway legitimate.

Tim of New York City.

Your right Tim that school sucks! If they have such a good name a affilations with other teaching hospitals why can't they give straight answers to students questions! Did you read their forum where someone asked why should they choose thier school over the other carb. ? The answer did little to address why thier school was better!!! I agree with you tim! This school might just close in a year leaving it's students stranded!

------------------
There is more joy in giving then there is in recieving.

Which school is better saba or MUA???

SABA - grads can practice in all 50 states, it's been around longer, and has a strong match list (for the Caribbean). MUA-Nevis is owned by Saba, I believe, so it will probably turn out to be a good school as it matures. If you are going to matriculate ASAP, though, Saba > MUA.

By the way... where did you dig up this thread? It's over 7 years old!

After 15 years, all i can say is that Its a legit school. Now that schools even has title IV funding for US students. This school is almost as same as Saba Medical School.