NAPLEX Medicinal Chemistry Thread - 20% off LWW Products

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LWW Publishers

Test Prep Exhibitor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY

This thread is for questions and discussion related to resources for Medicinal Chemistry. In this thread, LWW will be raffling off one copy of the following title: Foye's Principles of Medicinal Chemistry, Sixth Edition. Winners for each raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

Receive a 20% discount on LWW.com this week! To redeem this savings, visit LWW.com and enter WC59L7ZZ into the shopping cart at checkout. *Please note that the discount does not apply to online PDA downloads.*

Foye's Principles of Medicinal Chemistry, Sixth Edition
Cover.gif

Review of Organic Functional Groups

Wilson & Gisvold's Textbook of Organic Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, 11/e
35195326.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

"Emphasis is on patient-focused pharmaceutical care and on the pharmacist as a therapeutic consultant, rather than a chemist."

That is from the Foye's description, sounds like a very practical approach to med chem.

This is the textbook that my school uses for Med Chem. Very helpful for visual learners - lots of figures and tables.

I own both Foye's and Wilson & Gisvold. If you have one of those "choose your own textbook" professors, I'd recommend Foye's over W&G simply because Foye's is written in a reader friendly manner and is easy to get through. I felt there was more pharmacy student level medchem content in it whereas W&G feels aimed at an audience focused on learning reaction series and arrow pushing (like real medicinal chemists).

Status
Not open for further replies.