Medicine isn't for me but MCAT in about a week....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Perhaps OP's behavior is related to his 2nd "red flag."

Members don't see this ad.

If my Personal Statement gets to human eyes I will be able to explain everything. Which it will you cant auto reject IAs and "crimes"

Members don't see this ad :)
If my PS gets to human eyes I will be able to explain everything. Which it will you cant auto reject IAs and "crimes"

They can pretty much autoreject whomever they please, though I don't know whether that will apply to you.

On the off chance that you're being serious in this thread, using quotes around the word crimes is not going to be your best approach.

Reactions: 1 user
They can pretty much autoreject whomever they please, though I don't know whether that will apply to you.

On the off chance that you're being serious in this thread, using quotes around the word crimes is not going to be your best approach.

I wasn't down playing I was making a distinction between breaking the law at a university (IA) and breaking the general public law (crime)

Forgive me if I'm wrong, you have both an IA and an actual crime.

Yes the IA is from freshman year (it's on my transcript so I can't act like it didn't happen). The crime is from this summer right before the most important test of my life ( med schools do background checks so I can't act like it didn't happen).

Yes the IA is from freshman year (it's on my transcript so I can't act like it didn't happen). The crime is from this summer right before the most important test of my life ( med schools do background checks so I can't act like it didn't happen).

Yeah bro sorry. Two red flags of similar nature (both have to do with breaking rules), plus they fact that they are separated by a significant amount of time (meaning you didn't learn from the first one). Unless you are going to pull an O.J., you have an abysmal chance of acceptance to an MD school.

Yeah bro sorry. Two red flags of similar nature (both have to do with breaking rules), plus they fact that they are separated by a significant amount of time (meaning you didn't learn from the first one). Unless you are going to pull an O.J., you have an abysmal chance of acceptance to an MD school.

If my AAMC #3 practice exam that I took last Monday is not just inflated I think im going to be ok.

If my AAMC #3 practice exam that I took last Monday is not just inflated I took im going to be ok.

your trolling is becoming too obvious now.

Reactions: 1 users
Update: I took the thing lol got a 24 6/13/5

PS- was boring so I basically put anything except on the discrete.

VR - was fun and I enjoyed myself

BS- started off fun but I didn't want to be a doctor anyway so for like the last 2-3 parts I didn't put anything and left the center early.

A few weeks later I wanted to be a doctor (it's complicated) and the aamc added a December spot which freed up a nov 7 spot for me. I took it fri.

tests aren't supposed to be fun
thank god though, you are not suited to be a doctor

your trolling is becoming too obvious now.

This.. But ill bite anyway.

Even if you get a 40 on the MCAT, it would still likely be over with those red flags

Reactions: 2 users
If my AAMC #3 practice exam that I took last Monday is not just inflated I think im going to be ok.

I don't know what your IA or misdemeanor were for, exactly, but I have heard it oft-repeated on SDN that even extremely high stats and great ECs can't make up for major, unexplainable red flags if they were committed too close to application date and without a significant amount of proven remorse since that time. It's not like schools will only be able to choose between you, with two law breaking violations and a 40+ MCAT, and someone else with no crimes and a much lower score. There are plenty of applicants with high scores and no red flags to fill their seats. You said that schools can't autoreject IAs -- oh yes, they can. If they threw out everyone with an IA or crime, they would still have an abundance of qualified applicants.

If you truly want to improve your chances of acceptance, I would suggest you approach your application with humility, remorse, and graciousness. Even that might not be enough to overcome two major red flags and a first MCAT score of 24, but it's a start.

Members don't see this ad :)
We don't give anyone credit for a bad day of testing. There are thousands of applicants who excel under pressure. And even being a URM won't save you with a poor test score; in fact we'd be doing you no favors by admitting you to med school when you've demonstrated poor choice making and a test score that is a red flag for failing out of med school.
Throw IAs into the mix and it's auto-reject time.

Not really I think ADCOMS will think it was a test day nerves if my new score is a 30+, and I'm a URM, with my EC's and GPA I could of got in somewhere with the 24

This.. But ill bite anyway.

Even if you get a 40 on the MCAT, it would still likely be over with those red flags

No, my application will get seen with human eyes. The personal statement will save me.

determination.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
If my Personal Statement gets to human eyes I will be able to explain everything. Which it will you cant auto reject IAs and "crimes"

:laugh::laugh::laugh: You're kidding, right?

1) Your personal statement won't save you from a crime committed less than a year before applying. No matter how brilliant your explanation.
2) Your personal statement shouldn't be used to explain IAs/midemeanors/felonies/etc. It's meant to convey why you want to be a doctor.
3) Schools absolutely can auto-reject based on IAs and crimes.
4) I'd suggest you own up to your crime and stop putting quotes around it. The successful applicants with IAs on their record are successful because they take full responsibility for their actions, don't blame anyone or anything else, and they demonstrate personal growth.

Reactions: 11 users

1) Your personal statement won't save you from a crime committed less than a year before applying. No matter how brilliant your explanation.
2) Your personal statement shouldn't be used to explain IAs/midemeanors/felonies/etc. It's meant to convey why you want to be a doctor.
4) I'd suggest you own up to your crime and stop putting quotes around it. The successful applicants with IAs on their record are successful because they take full responsibility for their actions, don't blame anyone or anything else, and they demonstrate personal growth.
I expected an @Ismet lock. Instead got an @Ismet mic drop. Pleased either way.

Reactions: 4 users

2. I was going to use it to explain my mental state during the first exams

3. There no computer system that can identify IAs, human eyes will have to see my app. They will also want to read my story.

4.i use quotes so people know it had nothing to do with a university but the actual law.

Maybe OP just got arrested for feeding the homeless.

Reactions: 8 users
5. Please don't lock this I want to update in 30-35 days with my new score @Ismet

3. There no computer system that can identify IAs, human eyes will have to see my app. They will also want to read my story.

4.i use quotes so people know it had nothing to do with a university but the actual law.
You do realize you apply via a website... right?
We use bits and bytes... not carrier pigeons.

If you list the IA, they will see it. You will get screened out at a few schools as a result, even if your PS happens to be the routing numbers to a sizable offshore account.

Again, that is not what the PS is for. There is a section on AMCAS where you can describe what happened.

School admissions committees use software to view applications. That software can identify anything the committee wants to identify, including the presence of IAs. I've never seen an IA besides alcohol/pot during freshman/sophomore year, and I have NEVER seen anything come up on the criminal background check...those applicants don't make it to interview at my school or at probably any school if the crime is bad. No matter how good your "story" is. Those red flags color your entire application, whether you like it or not.

Breaking the "actual law" is far, far worse than an IA from freshman year.

Last edited:
OP, assuming you are serious about everything...

Isolated "red-flags" like minor IAs and criminal convictions will NOT keep you out of medical school. But if the violation(s) are serious, and/or there are multiple instances of poor judgement, then the process becomes much more difficult. It sounds like you have two such incidents; are they related in nature?

And from reading your posts, it doesn't seem like you have a thorough understanding of the whole process. You'll have to disclose any IAs or criminal convictions on your primary application, which is done electronically and visible to every single medical school. If your application doesn't get screened out as a result of your red flags and low MCAT score, then yes, a pair of human eyes will read your application.

Unless your IA and criminal record is particularly egregious, there's still hope for medical schools if you significantly improve your MCAT score. But before you do anything else, I highly recommend fixing your attitude and ignorance.

Wrong. Adcoms can do whatever they want with/to your application. Again, if the IAs and crimes are minor, then your application shouldn't be auto-rejected. But like I said earlier, fix your attitude.

Pay close attention to the bold part, OP.

Every now and then some near delusional pre-med makes a comment like this, or how if just can get an interview, then they'll so wow the Adcom that they'll be a shoo-in for acceptance.

Reality is different.

OP, time for Plan B.

Every now and then some near delusional pre-med makes a comment like this, or how if just can get an interview, then they'll so wow the Adcom that they'll be a shoo-in for acceptance.

Reality is different.

OP, time for Plan B.
I forgot that your last statement was a figure of speech and thought "well it's a bit late for that"

I think all this coffee is getting to my head.

VR is a good time. I seriously thought the articles were interesting and wasn't stressed at all. Dare I say, the readings were enjoyable.
Haha, perhaps I'm just bitter because it was my worst section.

Also, OP, show us that personal statement. If it's as riveting as your posts are ridiculous, I'm sure you'll have no trouble.

Reality is different.

OP, time for Plan B.

Plan B - Go to Caribbean medical, according to my VR score I'm going to smoke the boards. Then apply to an US residency. You said it yourself those places are money hungry diploma mills.

Plan C- become an inner city teacher high school teacher

Plan B - Go to Caribbean medical, according to my VR score I'm going to smoke the boards. Then apply to an US residency. You said it yourself those places are money hungry diploma mills.

Obvious troll is obvious.

You would not make it as an inner city high school teacher. Your grammar and spelling is atrocious. And you aren't the type of person who would survive in that type of environment. I know people who have tried. They told me it was mentally, emotionally, and physically draining.

According to your VR score you've been smoking something else...

Obvious troll is obvious.

You would not make it as an inner city high school teacher. Your grammar and spelling is atrocious. And you aren't the type of person who would survive in that type of environment. I know people who have tried. They told me it was mentally, emotionally, and physically draining.

Lol Im black you idiot I spent my whole life in that environment. Most of my EC deals with me working with AA youth. I would be a great fit for Howard if my flags were gone.

Lol Im black you idiot I spent my whole life in that environment. Most of my EC deals with me working with AA youth. I would be a great fit for Howard if my flags were gone.
"Working" with inner city youth, is that how you got your red flags?

Last edited:
OP, with your current attitude, I am afraid you are not going to get very far in the application process. I honestly think that if you significantly raise your MCAT score and accept responsibility for your IAs and other mistakes, then medical schools should be well within reach.

Unfortunately, it seems that you have little interest following the advice of other people.

I don't think that impression had anything to do with race.

OP, with your current attitude, I am afraid you are not going to get very far in the application process. I honestly think that if you significantly raise your MCAT score and accept responsibility for your IAs and other mistakes, then medical schools should be well within reach.

Unfortunately, it seems that you have little interest following the advice of other people.

What attitude!!!! Its the internet how can you possibly see how I feel. I know I messed up and blame no one. Im just going to relax and wait for my scores

I don't think that impression had anything to do with race.

He's said I wouldn't survive in an environment that I clearly survived in (I made it to college). AA's have an easier time connecting with me because I'm one of them and understand there struggles and point of view.

What attitude!!!! Its the internet how can you possibly see how I feel. I know I messed up and blame no one. Im just going to relax and wait for my scores

Maybe "attitude" is the wrong word to use. But based on what I've seen from your posts on this thread, you seem to lack some of the most fundamental traits that all physicians must possess.

Here's a few examples: making extremely rash and poor decisions, not taking full responsibility for your actions, and inability to recognize one's own ignorance and arrogance.

Work on fixing these deficiencies, and I have no doubt that you'll make it to medical school.

You should take the test and apply bro! No matter what these "rain clouds" say. Life is all about doing stuff that ppl think u won't accomplish. Or something like that.

Just do your best. If all else fails, you can apply do a masters program after the application cycle. Im sure some school will offer an application spot for that. Med school is a long time. What is one more year? And this is "worst case scenario!"

Peace!

You should take the test and apply bro! No matter what these "rain clouds" say. Life is all about doing stuff that ppl think u won't accomplish. Or something like that.

Just do your best. If all else fails, you can apply do a masters program after the application cycle. Im sure some school will offer an application spot for that. Med school is a long time. What is one more year? And this is "worst case scenario!"

Peace!

Took it friday. Thanks.

Peace!
I cannot even fathom the idiocy it took to concoct this post.

He's said I wouldn't survive in an environment that I clearly survived in (I made it to college). AA's have an easier time connecting with me because I'm one of them and understand there struggles and point of view.

You still don't get it. Ace Khalifa was referring to your attitude and the type of person required to teach in that environment, not the race of the individual. Not sure why you leapt right in to race.

Also I wouldn't say that inner city = black students and none else.

You still don't get it. Ace Khalifa was referring to your attitude and the type of person required to teach in that environment, not the race of the individual. Not sure why you leapt right in to race.

Also I wouldn't say that inner city = black students and none else.

In that case i offer Ace an apology. Try not to change the topic ismet will lock this in a heartbeat if it gets disruptive. If I actually make it my story will be a great resource for people dealing with the same thing.