Medicine sub-internship required?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctosaurus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there Psych programs which require a Medicine sub-I? My school will let me do anything but I don't want to rule myself out from certain programs in the future.

Members don't see this ad.

None that I'm aware of. I did a peds sub-I. I feel a lot of med students where I'm currently at do a psych sub-I if interested in psych.

I don’t think there are many programs paying enough attention to police rotations completed in order to make up for what they might think are inadequacies in your school’s requirements. There are some states that might if you are an IMG.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cambridge requires a Sub-I IM, peds, or FM and also specifically says that you have to have it prior to interview season. This is the only program that I saw that had such a requirement.

We had to do 4 mos of IM or Peds. I'm child psyc, but chose IM to as we covered everything medical when on call for the psyc hospital we admitted to.

At our program it was not a requirement but definitely helped your application if you got honors