MEDPATH 2016 Ohio State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OmoNaijj

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For everyone who has been invited to apply to OSU's postbacc! Applications are up and are due January 31st 2016. Please keep us up to date on your progress. All the best!

Members don't see this ad.

Just a question for you @OmoNaijj. When did you apply to OSU and when you were you recommended to apply to the MEDPATH program?

Just a question for you @OmoNaijj. When did you apply to OSU and when you were you recommended to apply to the MEDPATH program?
Hey! I submitted my secondary 10/23 and was invited to apply for MEDPATH 11/6 so about a 2-week window.

Members don't see this ad :)
if we were recommended for this program does that mean we are no longer being consider for MD admissions? Ive already done a masters and I am not interested in this program. I am ready to start Med school. I feel like it was my MCAT score that may be give reason why I was recommended. Hittin 27 here and I'm not getting any younger.

Reactions: 1 user
if we were recommended for this program does that mean we are no longer being consider for MD admissions? Ive already done a masters and I am not interested in this program. I am ready to start Med school. I feel like it was my MCAT score that may be give reason why I was recommended. Hittin 27 here and I'm not getting any younger.
Hey, yes, if you were recommended for the program, it does mean your regular MD application file is no longer under consideration.
I understand your concern and honestly I feel the same way. I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools but I'm very interested in MEDPATH if that does not work out. A year does go by fast :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, yes, if you were recommended for the program, it does mean your regular MD application file is no longer under consideration.
I understand your concern and honestly I feel the same way. I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools but I'm very interested in MEDPATH if that does not work out. A year does go by fast :)
Yea you're right, but I've already taken some of the classes offered by Medpath and I don't want to waste my time taking courses I've already taken. And plus,thats money that will go down the drain..unless the program offers scholarships or waivers to cover the costs of the program. I wish you the best of luck though! I'm also waiting on schools. Luckily I have one interview, so I'm kind of banking on that right.

Yea you're right, but I've already taken some of the classes offered by Medpath and I don't want to waste my time taking courses I've already taken. And plus,thats money that will go down the drain..unless the program offers scholarships or waivers to cover the costs of the program. I wish you the best of luck though! I'm also waiting on schools. Luckily I have one interview, so I'm kind of banking on that right.

Thanks. Yeah all the best on the interview. I applied a bit late so I'm still waiting.

From reading past threads, MEDPATH seems to offer upper level UG classes so I'm not sure how that would work since you've already taken grad level classes. Also, I believe there are scholarships available (don't quote me on that lol)
But yeah, if you were recommended for the program, it doesn't hurt to apply. Take it from someone who regrets passing up on opportunities like this in the past few years.

Hey guys, if you have any questions about the program, let me know and I can try to help answer them! I'm currently in the program now

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone, I'm also currently in the MEDPATH program. It's a great opportunity and I would encourage you to apply if given the opportunity. I'll admit I was hesitant at first - I was desperately waiting on a med school acceptance and the idea of doing another year out/ spending extra money didn't sound that attractive to me then, but I did some research on the program and I am SO glad I applied. The resources made available to you, the family you gain, I mean the fact that it's freaking OSU, just everything makes it a one of a kind opportunity. I'm loving it thus far :D

For those curious, there are a few students who have their masters, a few who worked for a few years after graduating college, and a few who went straight from college into the program. So there's different backgrounds. The program also offers some scholarship. Feel free to ask me any questions. I also blog and wrote an info post about it here: http://curveballsandmedschool.com/2015/10/28/the-ohio-state-universitys-medpath-program-the-info/ I'll be writing a reflection post on the first semester soon to provide more insight. All the best with the app!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys, if you have any questions about the program, let me know and I can try to help answer them! I'm currently in the program now
Hey Tachy,
Just curious
What's it like living in Ohio?
Do you feel like you get adequate support from the MEDPATH faculty?
I've heard that scholarships are available for the program, is all your tuition covered?
Thanks

Hi everyone! I'm also a current MEDPATH student and would be happy to answer any questions. To answer a few (@OmoNaijj )

1. Living in Columbus is great! There are lots of things to do around Columbus and lots of interesting things to do at OSU itself.
2. MEDPATH gives you a lot of support. Everyone is really invested in your success in the program. Professors, mentors, and our program directors are all extremely helpful. Although I would say the greatest support comes from fellow MEDPATH students.
3. Some people in our year received scholarships which covered their entire tuition, but others did not and needed to take out various loans.

Happy to answer any other questions and best of luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad :)
How's it going guys? Where are you applicants? This thread is pretty dead.

I know!! Where's everyone that applied haha. Did you apply?
Hopefully it'll pick up in a couple weeks when interview invites go out!

Hi everyone! I'm also a current MEDPATH student and would be happy to answer any questions. To answer a few (@OmoNaijj )

1. Living in Columbus is great! There are lots of things to do around Columbus and lots of interesting things to do at OSU itself.
2. MEDPATH gives you a lot of support. Everyone is really invested in your success in the program. Professors, mentors, and our program directors are all extremely helpful. Although I would say the greatest support comes from fellow MEDPATH students.
3. Some people in our year received scholarships which covered their entire tuition, but others did not and needed to take out various loans.

Happy to answer any other questions and best of luck to everyone applying!
Thanks for the response!
Do you know what the criteria was for the scholarship recepients?

I know!! Where's everyone that applied haha. Did you apply?
Hopefully it'll pick up in a couple weeks when interview invites go out!

Haha thanks for replying.Yes I applied! I'm still waiting to hear back from med schools but I really like this program.

Thanks for the response!
Do you know what the criteria was for the scholarship recepients?
I'm actually not entirely sure what the criteria for scholarships was. The recipients were notified of their award amount with their acceptance letters.

Haha thanks for replying.Yes I applied! I'm still waiting to hear back from med schools but I really like this program.
Nice. Did you apply to any other postbaccs? And what med schools have you interviewed at/waiting to hear back from?

As for me, still hoping and praying to hear back from about 5 med schools (about 8 others have been rejections)
I am applying to Georgetown GEMS and Indiana's MSMS. I'm on the fence about Drexel's DPMS, I heard not so good reviews about it from current students.

So I applied to a couple other post baccs because I've been getting nothing but rejections. I applied to wake forest and Drexel dpms. I'm also in the process of applying to gems and IU Msms program. I'm kinda on the fence about applying to IU because it's a two year program. What have you heard about Drexel dpms? We're basically applying to all the same programs.

So I applied to a couple other post baccs because I've been getting nothing but rejections. I applied to wake forest and Drexel dpms. I'm also in the process of applying to gems and IU Msms program. I'm kinda on the fence about applying to IU because it's a two year program. What have you heard about Drexel dpms? We're basically applying to all the same programs.
I pm'd you!

Nice. Did you apply to any other postbaccs? And what med schools have you interviewed at/waiting to hear back from?
I did not apply to any other post baccs! Waiting on 6 schools. Brutal

Anyone heard anything back yet?
I think we should be hearing back next week.

I called earlier this week and they said later this month....by later I hope they mean next week lol

I called earlier this week and they said later this month....by later I hope they mean next week lol
Later this month? That's brutal fam, I hope it's next week too!! Fingers crossed!

I'm dying from all this waiting :yawn::bang:. I hope we hear soon!

Last edited:
While we wait, I guess we might as well got to know each other lol. What's everyone doing currently..work? college?
I currently do research in reproductive toxicology at the EPA.

That sounds pretty exciting! Graduated last May, currently working as a molecular biologist for a state public health laboratory

Nice to meet you guys! I'm still in school. Graduating in May. I work in 3 laboratories and teach Micro lab: One in Infant Cognition and two with C. elegans.

Last edited:
Nice to meet you guys! I'm still in school. Graduating in May. I work in 3 laboratories and teach Micro lab: One in Infant Cognition and two with C. elegans.
Oh wow, look at you! Congrats on your upcoming graduation!

That sounds pretty exciting! Graduated last May, currently working as a molecular biologist for a state public health laboratory
THIS is exciting haha!!

Non-traditional student, I am finishing my MS in pharm and tox in May. I work as a research assistant at a hospital.

Nope. Officially freaking out and wallowing in despair, but I guess if we all haven't heard back then it's not bad news?

Nope. Officially freaking out and wallowing in despair, but I guess if we all haven't heard back then it's not bad news?

I would assume so. I hope they give us decisions soon! I can't wait any longer. I'm going crazy waiting for any sign of a decision.

Looking back on previous threads, it seems like we might hear back this week for sure.
2010- March 3rd/4th
2011- March 11th
2012- March 8th
2013- March 5th
2014- March 7th
2015- March 6th
The latest interview invite was sent by the 11th and that was due to issues the adcom were facing so I'm really hoping we'll hear back by today.

Does anyone know if they send out a mass email invite or send out invites separately?

Does anyone know if they send out a mass email invite or send out invites separately?
In the past they call a few people then send out emails. It would probably be the same day for everyone I guess.

In the past they call a few people then send out emails. It would probably be the same day for everyone I guess.

Makes sense. It is almost the end of the day there, so I'm guessing we won't hear today unless they are waiting until the last hour of the day.

We should've heard back by now. Has anyone spoken with them or know what the holdup is about?

I feel like one of should have heard (based on statistics). I'm just so panicky now :(

I feel like one of should have heard (based on statistics). I'm just so panicky now :(
No need to panic.
Let's give them till Friday (technically the last day considered 'early March") and then we can start freaking out :)