Meeting Singles in 2015

ChiTownTownie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I work for a medical association and from time to time, members have mentioned how difficult it is to meet like-minded people in their hometowns. Reading some of these threads it looks like they aren't the only ones struggling to find love. Of course, everyone suggests E-harmony, Match, Tinder or even hanging out at the bar. For those of us weary of the 'here for one night only' folks on Tinder and those with no time to hold a stake-out at a bar, I'm wondering if we could create a sort of online speed matching on this forum; singles would list their basic info and if someone is interested, they could reach out for more info. I'm thinking this would be a fun and quick way to proactively find someone in 2015! No more 'that would be a good idea' talk, let's try to make it happen :)

I'll selflessly get it started ;)

Stats: 5'10, Black female, 31, athletic build, with a sense of humor
Field: Marketing
Seeking: Nice guy within the United States who is not a predator or insane

Members don't see this ad.

I work for a medical association and from time to time, members have mentioned how difficult it is to meet like-minded people in their hometowns. Reading some of these threads it looks like they aren't the only ones struggling to find love. Of course, everyone suggests E-harmony, Match, Tinder or even hanging out at the bar. For those of us weary of the 'here for one night only' folks on Tinder and those with no time to hold a stake-out at a bar, I'm wondering if we could create a sort of online speed matching on this forum; singles would list their basic info and if someone is interested, they could reach out for more info. I'm thinking this would be a fun and quick way to proactively find someone in 2015! No more 'that would be a good idea' talk, let's try to make it happen :)

This is a good idea.. But are you specifically seeking someone in the healthcare field? I'm just wondering why you chose to come to sdn, out of curiosity :)

Members don't see this ad :)
This is a good idea.. But are you specifically seeking someone in the healthcare field? I'm just wondering why you chose to come to sdn, out of curiosity :)

I read the threads from time to time, searching for resources (blogs, tips, interesting news stories, etc.) to share with members. Sometimes, I read the threads for public reaction to some of our policies. Some members have expressed difficulty finding others in the medical field after moving to a different city or town. They suggested it would be nice to have a forum where singles in the same area could meet. I noticed this same idea was suggested on a few threads, but everyone responded with "great idea", "awesome suggestion"... but the idea didn't really go anywhere. So, I thought I would be proactive and get it started. Personally, I'm just looking for someone who can hold a conversation.

Gold digger alarm bells going off.

Dead Poets Society slow clap for you. You're a good person for warning your fellow posters. As the saying goes, "if you marry for money, you earn every cent." Not digging for gold; I'm already making enough nuggets from my multiple pyramid schemes ;). A person with integrity and a sense of humor holds more value to me than one with gold. My post might seem like a scheme, but it is a legitimate idea that was suggested to me.

SDN is more for hook-ups, not serious dating prospects. Just in case you didn't know.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Dead Poets Society slow clap for you. You're a good person for warning your fellow posters. As the saying goes, "if you marry for money, you earn every cent." Not digging for gold; I'm already making enough nuggets from my multiple pyramid schemes ;). A person with integrity and a sense of humor holds more value to me than one with gold. My post might seem like a scheme, but it is a legitimate idea that was suggested to me.

Who suggested it to you?

I wanna play-

Stats: Princess Jasmine
Field: Ordering people around, playing with Rajah and Abu
Seeking: A Diamond in the Rough

Reactions: 6 users
Name: Randall Flagg
Field: Plagues, destruction, dominance over the entire human race
Seeking: A right hand man to tell me how evil I am and keep my minions in check

Name: Sterling Archer
Field: Secret agent for ISIS, drinking scotch, and pulling tail
Seeking: A bodacious female, preferably blonde

Reactions: 7 users

Pics?

Reactions: 1 users
Stats: 5'10, white male, 29, skeletal build, with a "sense of humor"
Field: Hypertrolling
Seeking: Troublesome girl within the United States who is certifiably insane and can troll her way into my heart.

Reactions: 3 users
Stats: 5'10, white male, 29, skeletal build, with a "sense of humor"
Field: Hypertrolling
Seeking: Troublesome girl within the United States who is certifiably insane and can troll her way into my heart.
You will never get anastomosis back, let her go...

Why not...

Name: Cara Mason

Field: The art of bringing both pleasure and pain.

Seeking: Athletic man strong in both the body and mind for training. The easy ones are of no interest.

Reactions: 2 users
Name: Fezcat
Field: Staring at you creepily while you have sex
Seeking: Athletic lesbians who wear plaid and can rub my belly correctly. Will provide dead birds as a sign of appreciation

Reactions: 8 users

Do you actually expect this to work?

Still waiting on those pics, If I like I'll link you to my Facebook.

Name: Charles Ramsey
Field: Neighborhood Watch
Seeking: Girl not intimidated by my fame

Reactions: 1 users
A little late, but Randy Marsh here:
Interests: fist fights at little league games, America
Field: geology
Seeking: Shaaarn'
Have two great kids, Stan and Shelly
Thaaaanks

Reactions: 3 users
And to think that when I read the OP I was expecting serious answers. Sigh...... Oh well I might as well play along.

Name: NeedToStudy
Interests: trolling and vagina's
Seeking: Pure sexiness. She must always be naked. Her goals, character, and personality mean nothing to me.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm a guy and I met another guy (dental student) in a campus bar. We've been together for more than a year. He's a keeper.

Yes! Totally keep going :D Or you can start like and funny introduce yourself thread ;)