Meharry Medical College 2013 Waitlist - Top 10%

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

premed8888

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I wanted to start a thread for those of us in Meharry's top 10% so we can more easily see when the waitlist begins to move. Please feel free to introduce yourself, your stats and give encouragement to each other! We are in this together - praise God!

Members don't see this ad.

Got a background check request today...!!! Interview Feb. 25th, top 10% waitlisted 3/4.

Members don't see this ad :)
It means you will receive acceptance email/mail soon. Congrats!!!
Thanks!!! I am really excited - Are we sure that Meharry only initiates one for accepted applicants? Do some high ranked waitlist applicants also get it?

When you get accepted somewhere you get an email in regards to the CBC.

My stats: interviewed Jan 28th, top 10% wait-list Feb 12th.

Can't wait to go to Meharry Medical College!

When you get accepted somewhere you get an email in regards to the CBC.

My stats: interviewed Jan 28th, top 10% wait-list Feb 12th.

Can't wait to go to Meharry Medical College!
This means we ALREADY are seeing waitlist movement!

I want to clarify that I am stil on the top 10% waitlist. I also believe the previous poster hasn't heard what school started their CBC. So lets hope it's Meharry indicating early waitlist movement..

I want to clarify that I am stil on the top 10% waitlist. I also believe the previous poster hasn't heard what school started their CBC. So lets hope it's Meharry indicating early waitlist movement..
It couldn't be any other school at this time due to timing.

Also, someone said on the normal thread that he has a friend who is withdrawing this upcoming week, so let us hope someone from here gets the spot! Obviously the large exodus will occur nearer to the deadline. Best to everyone!:biglove:

It couldn't be any other school at this time due to timing.

So the background check request has no info as to who requested it? Interesting, did not realize that. Just for clarification, if its meharry I have not recieved a request and I have been on 10% list since 2/14 or something like that- so not something they do to everyone on the list. Therefore, that would hopefully imply an acceptance for you shortly. Good luck!

So the background check request has no info as to who requested it? Interesting, did not realize that. Just for clarification, if its meharry I have not recieved a request and I have been on 10% list since 2/14 or something like that- so not something they do to everyone on the list. Therefore, that would hopefully imply an acceptance for you shortly. Good luck!
Correct, you do not hear which school requested it. All you get is a generic e-mail message from Certiphi Screening, which is the company the AAMC outsources their background checks to. You just have to sign on to Certiphi's website and fill out a few electronic forms. Takes about 3-5 days according to them to complete it.

So anyone know, is it always the case you would recieve a background check prior to an acceptance, or do they sometimes provide acceptance notice with the stipulation that you will pass background checks?

Members don't see this ad :)
So anyone know, is it always the case you would recieve a background check prior to an acceptance, or do they sometimes provide acceptance notice with the stipulation that you will pass background checks?
Either or...they can do it however they want. A few people I know at another school got accepted a couple of months ago and recently got a CBC.

Hey guys, How did u know you are in the top 10 %? i called and they said it is not ranked yet.

Hey guys, How did u know you are in the top 10 %? i called and they said it is not ranked yet.
They were talking about the regular waitlist when you called. After an interview, if you were ranked in the top 10%, they would have written that to you. I take it you interviewed and received an email saying that you have been waitlisted?

Has anyone in the top 10% heard anything from admission of late?

Has anyone in the top 10% heard anything from admission of late?
I don't think they have - I asked the same question on the normal thread too - I am guessing if someone heard something, they would be fast to post it.

Just received an email from the Admission. Top 10% waitlist. Love Meharry and can't wait to see a waitlist's movement.

Just received an email from the Admission. Top 10% waitlist. Love Meharry and can't wait to see a waitlist's movement.
I'm Happy for you...How many of these dang things are they handing out? It is kind of worrisome!

Hi all! Interviewed 4/1, top 10% wait listed 4/5. :)

I also believe the previous poster hasn't heard what school started their CBC.
2a6.jpg

Did anyone get a 10% waitlist notice earlier than febuary or so? It seems that perhaps this is what they give out to students after they have given out all their acceptances and basically they would have accepted us had we interviewed when slots still open, but since they weren't you get the 10%. Not sure if this is true but seems that may be the case. Anyone know?

I have not seen a person who was given a top 10% position before February, but I did see that someone was waitlisted. I believe you are correct when you say we very likely are good enough in their eyes for an acceptance - the pool is very small. Theoretically, they can give out the top 10% whenever they want - If is possible they give normal waitlist spots out to people who interview while the class still has seats, and then some of those people get upgraded to top 10% toward the end, after the ADCOM was able to review most of the applicants.

I hope this thread is pointless in the next few days... all 10% accepted, no more 10% thread for the ocd sdn members who are going insane checking emails and sdn to see if they or anyone else has been accepted!

I just said a prayer for all you guys!!! I am applying for the c/o 2018 this summer. Hopefully, you all will be 2nd years when I start!!! Keep the Faith!!! God bless you in Jesus' Name!!! :)

I just said a prayer for all you guys!!! I am applying for the c/o 2018 this summer. Hopefully, you all will be 2nd years when I start!!! Keep the Faith!!! God bless you in Jesus' Name!!! :)
Amen to that!

Hey All! Just checking in to say hi and wish us all luck. I interviewed 4/8 and received the top 10% waitlist e-mail on 4/23. Hopefully good news is just around the corner!

One of you, here i come. Am also in the same predicament of being in the top 10% waitlist. The wait is killin me. I should have joined the thread ealier but i didn't know it existed till late last week. Anyways, here are my stats: Interviewed April 10th, got the email of being in the top 10% on April 23rd.

One of you, here i come. Am also in the same predicament of being in the top 10% waitlist. The wait is killin me. I should have joined the thread ealier but i didn't know it existed till late last week. Anyways, here are my stats: Interviewed April 10th, got the email of being in the top 10% on April 23rd.

Congrats! Welcome to the wait :)

Congrats! Welcome to the wait :)
I would really love to just get in already...there are like 10 of us on this board and only have seen 3 acceptances off the top 10%...I don't know if this is going to happen or what.

I would really love to just get in already...there are like 10 of us on this board and only have seen 3 acceptances off the top 10%...I don't know if this is going to happen or what.
Stay positive! Wait list movement happens all the way up to the first week of class and the majority occurs after May 15; check out last years thread. We still are in the running and good news is coming soon.

Stay positive! Wait list movement happens all the way up to the first week of class and the majority occurs after May 15; check out last years thread. We still are in the running and good news is coming soon.
Who still believes the whole top 10% list is getting in?

Not everybody is on here, you have to remember that - It would be easier if everyone that applied was on here - then we could really figure it out.

Another thing to consider is when you look at the FB group, there's only 37 people that commited to the school so there are spots still available.

Another thing to consider is when you look at the FB group, there's only 37 people that commited to the school so there are spots still available.

I was there yesterday and there were 39 members on that FB. Hope it is a good sign of people withdrawing their acceptance at Meharry.

I was there yesterday and there were 39 members on that FB. Hope it is a good sign of people withdrawing their acceptance at Meharry.

Actually, I just went there again a minute ago and there are still 39 members on that FB group.:(:(

Actually, I just went there again a minute ago and there are still 39 members on that FB group.:(:(
(a couple of them said they aren't part of the the 2017 class) - That is probably where the 37 comes from. ...Or people just don't know about the FB group (Those that were accepted). I have an MCAT next Saturday and I am hoping not to have to go and take that thing - seriously.

I would think that IF you were on the top 10% this year and didn't get accepted, you would be first in line next year.. I would also put that somewhere on your application to Meharry. The reason why I feel this way is I have friends who interviewed at schools, didn't get in the first year, but did the second year and none of them retook the mcat or took an additional class etc. Just my thoughts, but if I were still on the top waitlist I wouldn't panic yet, after June 24th I would.

Keep the Faith everyone!!! Stay prayerful and trust in Jesus. If it is His will, you will get in! :) I'm praying for you guys too!!!

Hello all. Interviewed at Meharry on 4/10/ Received an email for the top 10% on 5/10. Extremely nervous and anxious to receive more news from Meharry. You all have made me feel a bit at ease about the situation. Hoping we all hear good news soon!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.