Meharry Medical College Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sernic

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's go ahead and get this thread started.

Has anybody received the official letter of acceptance with info on orientation, financial aid, etc.?

BTW...Here's the link for the thread for MMC 2011 for reference purposes http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=356373

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted this past December but haven't made a final decision yet.

I will be attending this June.

Members don't see this ad :)
i have not received anything but an acceptance letter.

i have not received anything but an acceptance letter.

That's all I received as well. In the acceptance e-mail it said other info would be included but I guess not. lol

Hey everyone! I'll be there in June as well...thx Sernic!
FYI: All I have received is my acceptance letter as well.

miss alyssa, you sound like me with the 98%....lol

i was told monday that the physical health exam should be e-mailed to us sometime this week

miss alyssa, you sound like me with the 98%....lol

i was told monday that the physical health exam should be e-mailed sometime this week

Hmmm...I thought it had to be in by April?
Or do you mean their emailing us the paperwork?

i just called the financial aid office and they are waiting for admissions to send them a list of eveyone that has been accepted before they mail out the financial aid packet. Ms. Davis told me that Mr. Mosely is working on sending out the physicial exam forms and information about housing.

Members don't see this ad :)
i just called the financial aid office and they are waiting for admissions to send them a list of eveyone that has been accepted before they mail out the financial aid packet. Ms. Davis told me that Mr. Mosely is working on sending out the physicial exam forms and information about housing.

good deal with the fin aid, I can stop stressing...maybe it was morehouse with the March 17th date...I need re-read my documents tonight.

I'm glad they're sending out housing info as well because that has been on my mind quite a bit lately

Yeah the housing is something I'm going to check out next wknd. I can let you guys know some of the things I find out. I've heard it takes about an hour to fight traffic coming from East Nashville. That's good to know that Fin Aid is waiting on a list and then they will send a packet out.
Also, I know Mar. 17 is the priority deadline for FAFSA info...so that date may have actually been something you read somewhere.

Yeah the housing is something I'm going to check out next wknd. I can let you guys know some of the things I find out. I've heard it takes about an hour to fight traffic coming from East Nashville. That's good to know that Fin Aid is waiting on a list and then they will send a packet out.
Also, I know Mar. 17 is the priority deadline for FAFSA info...so that date may have actually been something you read somewhere.

Hey, I currently live in Nashville, and I know several people that stay in West Nashville, more specifically around Bellevue/Old Hickory Blvd. The area is really safe and has tons of nice, relatively inexpensive apartment complexes along Old Hickory Blvd. The commute really isn't that bad either, because the area is right off of the Interstate and is only about 5-7 minutes from Meharry(in good traffic).

Hey, I currently live in Nashville, and I know several people that stay in West Nashville, more specifically around Bellevue/Old Hickory Blvd. The area is really safe and has tons of nice, relatively inexpensive apartment complexes along Old Hickory Blvd. The commute really isn't that bad either, because the area is right off of the Interstate and is only about 5-7 minutes from Meharry(in good traffic).

Thanks for the info. I will be going to Nashville in two weeks to look for housing.

How is everyone?
I spoke with the office of financial aid today, and they said they mailed out financial info packages today to all current acceptees. Happy mail box checking :)

How is everyone?
I spoke with the office of financial aid today, and they said they mailed out financial info packages today to all current acceptees. Happy mail box checking :)

that's good to know...

everything is good on this end...just counting down to spring break (next week)...although I don't know why because I'll be getting pumped full of shots...lol...I might ride up to Nashville at the end of the week

Hi everyone! Great news that FIN AID stuff is coming:) I'm headed to Nashville Friday...;) Hopefully this housing situation is positive!! My Spring Break was the week of Mar 3rd:rolleyes: SOOOO...I'm back playing catch up, trying to find someone that wants my apt, etc. Has anyone received the Health Forms from Meharry?

Hi everyone! Great news that FIN AID stuff is coming:) I'm headed to Nashville Friday...;) Hopefully this housing situation is positive!! My Spring Break was the week of Mar 3rd:rolleyes: SOOOO...I'm back playing catch up, trying to find someone that wants my apt, etc. Has anyone received the Health Forms from Meharry?

I haven't received the Health Forms...I'm hoping they'll come this week

Thanks for the info everyone! i was tired of waiting. hopefully we will get the health forms soon.:)

http://www.wkrn.com/global/story.asp?s=8048233 (video + article)

Meharry students learn medical futures

More On WKRN.com
Meharry students enter residencies

Students at Meharry Medical College in Nashville and medical students across the country found out where they will go to continue their studies Thursday.

After four years of undergraduate work and four years at their respective medical colleges, like Meharry, the students now enter their residencies.

They applied to different locations and were asked to interview.

Both the students and the institutions were then told to list their preferences and a computer did the matching.

Dr. Valerie Montgomery Rice, Medical School Dean, said, "This is what these students have been striving for over the last four years. They made some significant sacrifices to get here and today they got to know where they're going to be a really what specialty, they've chosen to make a difference in the world."

Meharry's matches stretch from Washington State to Harvard on the east coast.

Meharry will graduate 99 students this year.

Nearly all of them got a match to continue their studies.

Hello,

I just got an acceptance to Meharry, which I am very excited about. But due to some reasons, I want to know if deferring for a year is an option- anybody know?

Hello,

I just got an acceptance to Meharry, which I am very excited about. But due to some reasons, I want to know if deferring for a year is an option- anybody know?

Hey Grendel, when did you interview, if you don't mind?

Hi all,
I was in Nashville this past wknd!! the living situation is great...lots of good apts available!!!
I'm excited to get there now:)

The day after my interview, I emailed thank-you's to both of my interviewers, and then the following day I sent my Letter of Intent. I really felt good, and it was my second interview at Meharry, but a week later I got the wait list email. I'm going to do everything I can to keep in touch, though, so we'll see. I'm trying to stay positive.

Hi all,
I was in Nashville this past wknd!! the living situation is great...lots of good apts available!!!
I'm excited to get there now:)

share the knowledge :D ... I'm going up tomorrow

Have you considered staying on-campus or just off-campus?

i was just in nashville myself. i love the atmosphere. im currently debting if i should get a place close to the school or in the brentwood area.

I'm staying off campus because I heard the waitlist for on-campus is like 2 years...and I think I've had enough on-campus living:cool:!! I looked at Polo Park, The Hamptons at Woodland Pointe, Hillmeade, and 865 Bellevue. They were all nice...Polo is more of a noisey area, hillmeade is older and reallllly quiet (like no really....you feel millions of miles away from reality). 865 Bellevue is great and the prices weren't bad (like 900s for 2br), but NO OVERHEAD LIGHTING. Not good for late nights studying:-/ But they have lots of amenities...brand new fitness facility, yoga studio, two pools, etc. the hamptons are awesome!! garage, alarm, gated, and much bigger (like 1350 sq ft for 2 br). They are in the upper 900s to lower 1000s...but you get much more! Visited BB King's club...nice live band and food! Still haven't received any health forms:confused:

I went by the school this morning...the housing info + physical exam sheet + info about additional requirements (deposit, transcripts, etc) was put in the mail this morning, so you all should be getting it in the mail next week. :)

I went by the school this morning...the housing info + physical exam sheet + info about additional requirements (deposit, transcripts, etc) was put in the mail this morning, so you all should be getting it in the mail next week. :)

AWESOME!;)

I got my housing, health exam, and some financial aid forms this week and last week.

I don't know how I'm going to find a place to live. For those who can't get from where you live to Tennessee before June, how are you deciding on a place?

Lys

I got my housing, health exam, and some financial aid forms this week and last week.

I don't know how I'm going to find a place to live. For those who can't get from where you live to Tennessee before June, how are you deciding on a place?

Lys

Got my stuff in the mail as well.
I actually went to visit, but most of the places I visited were willing to do business by fax, email, or phone....don't know if that helps?!

BTW, Lys here are some of the nice apts I looked at:
The Hamptons
865 Bellevue
Hillmeade (older)
The Trails

For all those students that have been accepted into the Class of 2012 medical class, the Class of 2011 is looking out. :) Members of my class are compiling an apartment guide (which will also include local barbers/hairstylists) based on submissions from our class. All accepted students should receive this guide by email sometime in mid May.

Any other questions, feel free to message me.

Congratulations!!

For all those students that have been accepted into the Class of 2012 medical class, the Class of 2011 is looking out. :) Members of my class are compiling an apartment guide (which will also include local barbers/hairstylists) based on submissions from our class. All accepted students should receive this guide by email sometime in mid May.

Congratulations!!

Goldengirl and Class of 2011...you all are angels!! HAIRSTYLISTS...:) I'll look forward to that info:thumbup:

Congratulations!!

You all are ON IT!... I am not mad ... lol ... thanks

that reminds me I need to get in some paperwork

hello all, I got into this school and now I am deciding which school to go to
as well as trying to figure out financial aid

so Hi

one of my classmates here in Toronto recently got accepted. It looks like there may be at least 2 Canadians in the class of 2012!

Lys

Congratulations!!

Thanks, I look forward to this!

Lys

Great to see some movement on here! It was getting quiet:)

Congratulations!!

Thanks!

hello all, I got into this school and now I am deciding which school to go to
as well as trying to figure out financial aid

so Hi

Welcome!

could somebody refresh my memory about the class schedule...was it 8-12 w/ labs being in the evening?