ToyaR

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I started this forum to keep all of us posted on what is going on with the people who were denied from the 2016 Medical/Dental class. However, they were being considered for the MHS program that is invitation only.
My letter said I would hear back in Mid- March. Has anyone gotten any updates?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I started this forum to keep all of us posted on what is going on with the people who were denied from the 2016 Medical/Dental class. However, they were being considered for the MHS program that is invitation only.
My letter said I would hear back in Mid- March. Has anyone gotten any updates?
I called today and they said they will start sending invitations sometime next week.

Reactions: 1 users
Okay, so I guess I can relax on waiting for the mail man. lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Just came upon this thread. I guess i can relax also haha

Just came upon this thread as well! Thank you ToyaR for creating this thread, my inbox will appreciate the break!

Just came upon this thread as well! Thank you ToyaR for creating this thread, my inbox will appreciate the break!

No problem, I know how we freak ourselves out. Trust me I am the email refresh and rush to the mail box queen so I know others are doing the same. lol

Got an invite today for April 8th. Good luck to all of us, and praying for this.

Praise God! Received an interview invite! Good luck and I pray everyone else gets some good news!

Well it's Thursday I still haven't gotten anything I wonder if it is taking a little longer since I live on the west coast?

Members don't see this ad :)
My email said I would be contacted in early April 2016...

My email said April as well, but I applied through the medical school. Looks like all the dental students might be Mid March and MD might be April maybe.

My email said April as well, but I applied through the medical school. Looks like all the dental students might be Mid March and MD might be April maybe.

I just got the email today. The interview is for the 20th of April.

Hello! Has anyone else not received an interview invite? My letter said I should hear back early April. I'm beginning to get worried even though the first week of April is not over yet.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what we should be expecting for this interview?

Anyone future MHS students interested in an apartment? There is a 2 bedroom at Western Hills (415 Watts Circle) that will be going for 1075 a month. It is only 8-10 minutes by car (5 miles). Inbox me if you are interested for pictures and more info

Does anyone know what we should be expecting for this interview?

Hello all,
I am a current MHS student this year (med). My MHS interview was extremely laid back. It consisted of a tour around campus, a lunch/Q&A with former MHS students & medical students, then finally the actual interview with a professor. I don't remember the actual questions, but it was a very low stress and more like a conversation then an interrogation.

Reactions: 2 users
I received my acceptance email yesterday! It took less than a week after the interview. Good luck to those interviewing next week.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello all,
I am a current MHS student this year (med). My MHS interview was extremely laid back. It consisted of a tour around campus, a lunch/Q&A with former MHS students & medical students, then finally the actual interview with a professor. I don't remember the actual questions, but it was a very low stress and more like a conversation then an interrogation.

Thank you!!

Interviewed on the 20th (med)!! They said they would begin to let people know by the 29th after 5pm. Good luck everyone

:soexcited:Received acceptance email today:happy:

Just got accepted yesterday. I am looking for a roommate pronto. Or if anyone knows somewhere with affordable studio or 1 bedroom apartments. I've been calling and a lot of places don't having any vacancies coming up.

Hello every one. I've been accepted and looking for a room mate soon. June is around the corner. Please dm me.

Just got accepted yesterday. I am looking for a roommate pronto. Or if anyone knows somewhere with affordable studio or 1 bedroom apartments. I've been calling and a lot of places don't having any vacancies coming up.
looking for a room mate??

Anyone know what MCAT score is needed to be accepted into the med school?

Has someone started a fb group?

I heard the MCAT score needed for entry into the medical school is a 495

Yeah I heard it was 495 for this years 2016 entering class but for our entry into the 2017 class, Mr. Cane said it was still unknown if the score would remain the same or go up. But he did say the medical school committee would decide and let us know hopefully before orientation. Ahhh I really want to know:X3:

Hey everyone! I recently got accepted to the MHS program too! I was desperately looking for a way to meet up with other students who were accepted and found this thread through a Google search (and was referred by a friend to SDN, which I just signed up for 5 min ago lol).

Anyway, I really want to set up a Facebook group for our class because I think it will be easier for us to communicate if we knew each other's real names and could direct message each other haha. Idk if SDN has DM since I literally just joined, but if you want to give me your full name on this thread or through DM, I can add us all to the FB group, where hopefully we can get in contact with each other more easily!

My name is Vivien N. btw :D

Last edited:
I've just created an FB group if you want to join (please join lol): Meharry MHS Program 2016-2017

Has anyone heard anything about the optional summer program for this summer?

Hey everyone! Question, I was accepted MHS dental route in April and have only received my acceptance email and new student f-aid packet. The acceptance email has info about things needing to completed. I called to ask if we were supposed to receive another email with specific instructions and they said they would send it. Haven't received it yet. what emails have you all received? Just checking before I called Meharry again.

I look forward to meeting everyone!

Hey everyone! Question, I was accepted MHS dental route in April and have only received my acceptance email and new student f-aid packet. The acceptance email has info about things needing to completed. I called to ask if we were supposed to receive another email with specific instructions and they said they would send it. Haven't received it yet. what emails have you all received? Just checking before I called Meharry again.

I look forward to meeting everyone!

So far, I've only received the original acceptance email (asks for transcript, health records, etc.), an email about financial aid, and a new email about alternate housing. I have a friend who was accepted before me though who seems to have gotten the email asking for everything else, so hopefully it should come soon? I tried calling recently, and they told me to reply to my original acceptance email asking for a link to matriculation docs and any other related information, but I haven't gotten a reply yet :meh: