Meharry School of Dentistry C/O 2019

Does anyone know if Meharry still sends invitation for interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

On addsas it says to wait until dec 1 for more update. What is that suppose to mean

If you had an interview, it's just the standard notice to find out whether you got in or not. If you didn't... I think it's most likely a rejection at this point. Sadly, I haven't heard anything from them (still Under Review).

Members don't see this ad :)
If you had an interview, it's just the standard notice to find out whether you got in or not. If you didn't... I think it's most likely a rejection at this point. Sadly, I haven't heard anything from them (still Under Review).

When did you submit your secondary application? Are you IS or OOS?

I think I did it the first week of August. My last update on AADSAS is 8/26. I'm OOS.

Just wanted to wish everybody good luck. I submitted my secondary in September as well.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone reached the "up to 6 weeks for review" yet? Mine is coming up this Wednesday and I still haven't heard anything. Not sure what I should do...

Has anyone reached the "up to 6 weeks for review" yet? Mine is coming up this Wednesday and I still haven't heard anything. Not sure what I should do...
Just be patient and keep faith alive. You will hear something soon. I know someone who didn't hear anything until November.

Reactions: 1 users

Tomorrow marks 9 weeks for me, don't worry about a thing
Cause every little thing
is gonna be alright

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing here either. Hopefully there are still interview dates in November

Do you

do you not think there are any pre-december interviews left?

Both of my interviews were booked a month in advance. Plus, with the holidays coming, it limits the days they can interview.

Both of my interviews were booked a month in advance. Plus, with the holidays coming, it limits the days they can interview.

i think theres still hope for pre-dec interviews. 2/3 of my interviews at other schools were a within a week of me receiving the invite.

I know for a fact that they interview well into February/March so stay up folks. Settle in for the ride and just keep praying. Not sure if anyone like's Neo-Soul/R&B music, but this song has a good message for anything in this interview process. Good luck and God Bless.

Reactions: 1 user
Just took a look at the thread for Meharry's Medical school and they are handing out november interviews. so hopefully they are still interviewing dental candidates for pre-december? i know its two different processes but i hope they still are.

anyone hear anything yet?

Hey everyone...just trying to get an idea of a timeline here. I submitted my application in the middle of July. Everything was processed within a week or two. Mehary secondary was submitted on Aug 1st...just wondering...what could be the hold up?! No news is good news right? This waiting game is something

Is it safe to say that Meharry won't be sending out any invitations until after Christmas at this point? (since all the interviews are about a month out from one's invite date.)

So if we hear anything now or if our status changes to check back on Dec. 1, we can assume we weren't accepted?

Is it safe to say that Meharry won't be sending out any invitations until after Christmas at this point? (since all the interviews are about a month out from one's invite date.)

So if we hear anything now or if our status changes to check back on Dec. 1, we can assume we weren't accepted?
Not necessarily. I've seen some people post on here that they received an invite as little as just a week before the interview date

Not necessarily. I've seen some people post on here that they received an invite as little as just a week before the interview date

Yeah you're right. I do remember reading something like that in the C/O 2018 thread. I wish I could know now.... but like James 1:3 says.... it's the testing of our faith that produces perseverance.

I tried calling there with small questions just to keep my name floating around but I guess Mr. Riggins might not care about that lol

Yeah you're right. I do remember reading something like that in the C/O 2018 thread. I wish I could know now.... but like James 1:3 says.... it's the testing of our faith that produces perseverance.

I tried calling there with small questions just to keep my name floating around but I guess Mr. Riggins might not care about that lol

Did they say anything about giving away all the interview invitations?

Did they say anything about giving away all the interview invitations?

No they didn't say anything like that, but they did mention that the admissions office holds off on invitations due to the holidays.

So that's why I figured since it's almost Thanksgiving and Christmas, the admissions office is probably "on pause" in regards to sending out invitations.

No they didn't say anything like that, but they did mention that the admissions office holds off on invitations due to the holidays.

So that's why I figured since it's almost Thanksgiving and Christmas, the admissions office is probably "on pause" in regards to sending out invitations.

a-chance.gif

Ohh ok that makes sense. Also I know someone last year who got an interview from meharry on November 29th

Yea this waiting game is crazy. I've started looking at what I can do next year just in case I'm not accepted this cycle. But until I get an official no I'm going to keep hope alive.

Hey everyone, I contacted the admissions staff. They said that there are NO more interviews for the Fall. However, they will resume in January and interviews can continue through March. So, if you're like me, and you haven't gotten a reply, you can at least rest and enjoy the holidays. Patience is key here.

I just got an interview for December today!!!! Can anyone tell me what it's like? Interview style, facilities, etc...?

Reactions: 2 users
I just got an interview for December today!!!! Can anyone tell me what it's like? Interview style, facilities, etc...?
Congrats! Do you mind if I ask when you were complete?

its says i was under review on 9/22. I take it you're still waiting for an interview invite?

its says i was under review on 9/22. I take it you're still waiting for an interview invite?
Yes unfortunately :/ I really want to attend meharry too. I was under review on 9/17...

Well keep your head up, there's always a reason...even if we don't know it yet. Where would you be traveling from to get to Meharry? I'm coming from Delaware.

Well keep your head up, there's always a reason...even if we don't know it yet. Where would you be traveling from to get to Meharry? I'm coming from Delaware.
That's true. Hopefully I'll hear some good news soon.

Last edited:
I just happened to check the status for my application and it has changed to under review. Hopefully I hear something very soon.

Congrats! someone above me said that their status changed to "Under review"

Mine has always said that after I turned it in, it says "Received/ under review"

so did you all's change from "Received/under review" to just simply "under review"?

My application initially was labeled as Received/Application Complete. It changed on 11/3 to Received/Under Review.

My application initially was labeled as Received/Application Complete. It changed on 11/3 to Received/Under Review.

so when your status changed to under review... were you notified by Aadsas?

Nope, but don't base anything on my experience because my app has been having problems. I usually check my app every couple days to see if anything has changed.

Yes unfortunately :/ I really want to attend meharry too. I was under review on 9/17...

Feel your pain. Been under review since 8/26. When I contacted them, they said they just havent made a decision yet on my file. I guess its a good thing since they couldve rejected me by now. :(

By the way, were you notified by email? If so what did the email say?

Feel your pain. Been under review since 8/26. When I contacted them, they said they just havent made a decision yet on my file. I guess its a good thing since they couldve rejected me by now. :(
Yeah thats kinda what is keeping me going right now. The fact that I haven't received an outright rejection yet. I'm gonna continue to stay hopeful and have faith.

Last edited:
By the way, were you notified by email? If so what did the email say?

The email said I was invited for an interview

it is before xmas, Dec 5th. They said that was the only interview for December. There were no interviews in November apparently. The rest would be scheduled in the new year.

it is before xmas, Dec 5th. They said that was the only interview for December. There were no interviews in November apparently. The rest would be scheduled in the new year.

oh wow, so did they tell you why they didn't have any interviews in November?