Meharry School of Dentistry C/O 2019

Hey,
I noticed my application on AADSAS changed to Reieved/Complete on 12/10/14. Before that it said Recieved/Under Review....my application was complete back in August though. Does anyone know about how soon after a completion status they received information regarding an interview?
Mine didn't even say Application Complete before I heard about my interview. I paid more attention to my e-mail than I did the AADSAS website for the most part.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,
I noticed my application on AADSAS changed to Reieved/Complete on 12/10/14. Before that it said Recieved/Under Review....my application was complete back in August though. Does anyone know about how soon after a completion status they received information regarding an interview?

Mine was "received/under review" since August and immediately changed to "Invited for Interview" the same day they emailed me about my interview.

Anyone else have a January 16th interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone. First of all, congratulations to those who got accepted. Secondly, does anyone know if the class has been decided at Meharry? I didn't hear back from them at all.

Hi everyone. First of all, congratulations to those who got accepted. Secondly, does anyone know if the class has been decided at Meharry? I didn't hear back from them at all.

I don't think they're done. Right now, I think what they are doing is seeing who all will accept their admissions offer and from there they should have more seats open since unfortunately Meharry isn't some people's first choice.

they should continue to give out more interviews throughout the end of february (even March)

Hey everyone! who is all attending Meharry in June? so excited to meet my classmates!;):soexcited:

Hopefully I will be your classmate..I'm hoping that if not accepted I can get placed into the MHS program.

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone tell me if I can get in this school with theses stats
Overall -2.8
Science- 3.3
Dat- 20 down the board

I'm a recent undergrad just graduated this fall

Meharry hopeful here! Keeping Faith and hope alive... Congrats @Dr.83384 on your acceptance!

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone tell me if I can get in this school with theses stats
Overall -2.8
Science- 3.3
Dat- 20 down the board

I'm a recent undergrad just graduated this fall

There is a chance. I would apply and see. You have good DAT scores so that balances out your GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just an fyi, dental school applications opened on June 2nd this year so some people had things completed months ago. It's an extensive application process so you will need plenty of time. Anyways good luck and try to apply early next year.

Happy New Year folks!!!! God bless and good luck the rest of the way!

Good luck to those who get interviewed tomorrow!

But are there any updates from anyone?

My application went from received/under review to received/app complete. I guess I will start focusing on next year application cycle.

My application went from received/under review to received/app complete. I guess I will start focusing on next year application cycle.
Does that switch mean a rejection is coming? When were you complete?

@Dr.AK, yes I am wondering the same as you.... does this mean there's a rejection to follow or that your application is complete and being forwarded to adcom for review. Mine went from Received/waiting for additional information to now Received/Under Review.

I believe Received/Application complete means just that. From what I've been told, the admissions committee has reviewed your application and depending on where they want to go with you, it'll be either an interview or rejection. It does not mean you are automatically rejected though. School has just started back and it seems that the current interviews that are upcoming were offered back in December. There is a lot that can still happen this cycle. Not to mention the Masters program as well.

Last edited:
I believe Recieved/Application complete means just that. From what I've been told, the admissions committee has reviewed your application and depending on where they want to go with you, it'll be either an interview or rejection. It does not mean you are automatically rejected though. School has just started back and it seems that the current interviews that are upcoming were offered back in December. There is a lot that can still happen this cycle. Not to mention the Masters program as well.
Very true. From what I understand, you would have to be rejected first in order to be considered for the MHS program and they let you know that in your rejection e-mail. Also, there are interviews tomorrow and next Friday from what I know at this point.

Did anyone else get an Application status update email from meharry yesterday?

Did anyone else get an Application status update email from meharry yesterday?
Yes I did also. The email basically said their office had taken a break for the holidays and that our info was in front of the admissions committee and that we should here something soon.

Yes I did also. The email basically said their office had taken a break for the holidays and that our info was in front of the admissions committee and that we should here something soon.
yeah I'm hoping and praying its some good news coming soon. when was your app complete with them?

Does that switch mean a rejection is coming? When were you complete?
I don't know if a rejection is coming. I find it odd that I went from Under Review back to App Complete. My app was completed around August/September. I'm holding out hope that I hear from someone soon.

I don't know if a rejection is coming. I find it odd that I went from Under Review back to App Complete. My app was completed around August/September. I'm holding out hope that I hear from someone soon.
I definitely feel Ya on that. Did you get an application status update email last week?

I actually got the same "status update" email as well.

Maybe I need to check my spam folder because I've heard nothing. Sigh....

Last email I received was 8/4/14....it said I was complete and was being sent over to the committee............

Yeah checking your spam folder would be wise. I hope it's there.

Just as a heads up, be ready for whatever in terms of how little notice you may get on these interviews. Have a friend who was notified today that they had an interview this coming Friday. Stay prayed up and know God has worked it all out.

Reactions: 4 users
Well I got the denial email. But I am being considered for the MHS program. Hopefully I am accepted into that and have the ability to strengthen my app.

Well I got the denial email. But I am being considered for the MHS program. Hopefully I am accepted into that and have the ability to strengthen my app.
was the email sent today? I still haven't received any word. And I'm sure you'll get into the MHS program. I have a friend that's in it now and they have said nothing but good things about it

I got it a day or two ago. I'm guessing they are going to start sending out letters fairly shortly so they can do the interviews for the MHS program. Just keep faith. I didn't think I would hear nothing then out of the blue I received an email. I've heard good things about it. I was going to take the DAT in April but since they include DAT prep I'm going to wait and see if I'm accepted first.

Okay so based on TNhopeful's case, going from Under Review to Complete means that it's a rejection.

Just got an invite for an interview for the 23 :) What's the closest hotel to stay at?

Just got an invite for an interview for the 23 :) What's the closest hotel to stay at?
West End/Vanderbilt and Downtown are fairly close distance. You can also do Metro Center. If you do Metro Center you have about two options Maxwell House and Springhill Suites. West End gives you more options.