Meharry School of Dentistry C/O 2019

Hi everyone,

I interviewed last Friday February 27. We were told that this upcoming Friday is the last day for interviews this cycle because they want to hurry and fill their class. I was told that the only reason they're having interviews this Friday was because the people from the Friday before last had to reschedule since the school was closed, and that the 27th was originally their last day for interviews. A few Of those students also rescheduled for the 27th also. Now idk, they may change their minds about adding more interviews but I just wanted to share what I was told last week.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I think they changed their minds cause I called last week and today again, and I was told that it would most likely go on until the end of this month.

Yeah I think they changed their minds cause I called last week and today again, and I was told that it would most likely go on until the end of this month.
Oh okay cool. And good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
awesome lol glad you did....

when did you submit? and when did they notify you about your interview? if you don't mind me asking
I submitted completely the first week of December and I was notified this Monday around noon.

...And it's snowing in Nashville. Smh. These delays might be a blessing for some of us.

I asked this before but people are saying it's not true.. So I want to see if somebody knows but if we get an email about being considered for the MHS program does this mean a definitive interview or is it selective?

I asked this before but people are saying it's not true.. So I want to see if somebody knows but if we get an email about being considered for the MHS program does this mean a definitive interview or is it selective?
I heard it was a selective process. But I could be wrong. Have you received an email about being considered? And do you mind if I ask when you received it?

I heard it was a selective process. But I could be wrong. Have you received an email about being considered? And do you mind if I ask when you received it?

I got the email in January. I'm just trying to figure out my plans if I don't get into the program. I know I'm reapplying but I just want to know if the MHS program is or isn't going to happen so I can enroll in other classes to reapply to meharry next year.

I got the email in January. I'm just trying to figure out my plans if I don't get into the program. I know I'm reapplying but I just want to know if the MHS program is or isn't going to happen so I can enroll in other classes to reapply to meharry next year.

It is a selective process. They sent everyone information about the MHS program, including me. And the funny thing is, I already have a masters completed. My gpa is above a 3.7 as well so I'm not sure why they would recommend me to do another.

MHS folks, it's getting to be mid March. If you all hear anything please post on here so we can know that emails are starting to come out

Curious...has anyone that has already been accepted received their packet in the mail yet? I have already taken care of fin aid and housing info, but just curious as to when the packet with other additional information would arrive.

Curious...has anyone that has already been accepted received their packet in the mail yet? I have already taken care of fin aid and housing info, but just curious as to when the packet with other additional information would arrive.
Was told by the admissions office that the only thing that will come in the mail is our official acceptance letter. Other than that, everything else will be via email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does everyone who gets rejected from Meharry automatically get placed in the selection process for MHS

Is it possible to receive an email of rejection and then later receive an email about consideration for mhs? or are they usually in the same email?

I just received a rejection this morning via email so i guess this is the end of the road for me this cycle. Good luck to everyone who has been accepted, everyone who is still waiting to hear back, and everyone awaiting news about MHS.

Is it possible to receive an email of rejection and then later receive an email about consideration for mhs? or are they usually in the same email?

I just received a rejection this morning via email so i guess this is the end of the road for me this cycle. Good luck to everyone who has been accepted, everyone who is still waiting to hear back, and everyone awaiting news about MHS.
Do not give up. More opportunities will present themselves to you !! Good luck in the future as well

Anyone heard anything regarding MHS?
I interviewed on 2/27 and got a rejection email today, but they said that I'm considered for the MHS program. The email stated that they'll contact me in late April if I am selected as a participant.

So does that mean that we do not interview for the MHS program and you're just offered a position if they think you'll fit?

I interviewed on 2/27 and got a rejection email today, but they said that I'm considered for the MHS program. The email stated that they'll contact me in late April if I am selected as a participant.

So does that mean that we do not interview for the MHS program and you're just offered a position if they think you'll fit?
Correct. You already had an interview so they are going off of that and your file. If you have additional grades to submit, I would definitely do that or update the committee on what you have been doing since submitting your AADSAS

Correct. You already had an interview so they are going off of that and your file. If you have additional grades to submit, I would definitely do that or update the committee on what you have been doing since submitting your AADSAS
Okay. Thank you so much!

That's interesting. You can get rejected and be considered for MHS or have interviewed with them and also be considered for MHS.

The email I received in January said I'd have to interview for MHS and that they'll contact me in mid March for a date.

Has anyone received a email regarding MHS to interviews

Hey guys i just got off the phone with admission, and for MHS program they are going to start sending out interviews Tuesday afternoon....

I received an interview invite Friday for MHS for Friday the 27th

Good luck and Congrats

What all did the email say?
Thanks fingers crossed!!

Dear Applicant:

Greetings! It is my pleasure to inform you that your application credentials were presented to the School of Dentistry Admissions Committee and on behalf of the Committee, I extend an invitation to you for an on-campus interview at Meharry Medical College for the Master of Health Sciences (MHS) Degree Program on Friday, March 27, 2015 at 8:30am

sharp.

Please return the attached form either by email or fax. It is very important to confirm your interview date by noon on Monday, March 23, 2015. Without a confirmation, you will not be able to interview.

Hey guys be on the look out because i just recieved a interview for this Friday for the MHS program.

congrats to everyone getting interviews for the MHS program!!! I was placed on the wait list for the class of 2019, what are my odds of hearing back?

Just stopping to say good luck to those on the wait list and to those that have gotten interviews for the MHS program. Stay prayed up people. God bless

I tried to call and inquire about more MHS interview dates...anyone else heard anything?

I declined my interview, so I never went! I hope you guys do well and enjoy my spot and succeed. Good Luck!

Got a scholarship from Meharry!! So blessed!! :angelic:

Reactions: 1 users
For the DDS? Have you joined the fb page yet?

So you just found out about scholarship? When were you admitted? I called and they told me we would have received notice about scholarships by now.

Hi everyone! Just wanted to say congratulations to everyone who got accepted!!! Has there been any new news? I intervied in February was wait listed... This waiting period sucks. I really love meharry and would love to go. Anyone know if the class is filled already and/or what are the statistics are on the waited list? Hope you all have a wonderful day, and for those of us waiting stay positive !!!!

I don't know what the wait list status is, but our fb group got a few new members within the last few weeks so maybe thing are moving now. I would call and ask.

Reactions: 1 users
I got wait listed and they said I was on the top 10% percent list. Does anyone have an idea of the likely hood of getting an acceptance this late out? and any advice to get myself "out of the waitlist"?

I just got am email from MeHarry saying that I will be notified if I been selected for an interview. At least it wasn't an outright rejection. At this late stage of the game, I'm wondering if there's any hope for me. My app went in on time and this is the first email from them. Anyone else experienced this?

I just got am email from MeHarry saying that I will be notified if I been selected for an interview. At least it wasn't an outright rejection. At this late stage of the game, I'm wondering if there's any hope for me. My app went in on time and this is the first email from them. Anyone else experienced this?
Got the same email yesterday too! Like you this is the first time hearing from them since my app went in all the way back in august.

Was accepted today! God is great! Everyone on the waitlist there is hope!

Reactions: 2 users