memorization tips for a weird problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ecoli

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've been taking the practice AAMC exams and I seem to be stuck around a 30, with 1 month left to prepare.

According to the analysis, I seem to be getting the difficult problems mostly right, but having a harder time with the easy and moderate problems.

I think what this means, is that I have a decent ability to reason the difficult problems, but don't know the basic concepts and equations required for the easier questions.. This hypothesis seems to be supported by the fact that I'm having a harder time on the physical science sections than the biology ones (which I have a much stronger background in).

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had memorization tips for someone like me, who needs help covering the basics and keeping them in there.

Any books that are good with this? I'm currently using the McGraw-hill Mcat book, and textbooks from pre-med courses, which do a good job covering the material but doesn't give me a chance to practice MCAT style questions. I don't want to waste time covering material that won't be on the exam either.

Thanks in advanced.

Members don't see this ad.

ecoli...i used kaplan books to help study. But the main thing that helped me remember the basics were the flashcards and a laminated poster with all the underlying info. I would review this at least once a day.

I dont know how you can get a hold of this...maybe you can make flashcards for things you find hard to memorize and review them daily.

Hope this helps.