Meningitis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

konquer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Need to know the age groups.

E.Coli / GBS? --> H.Influenza --> but then is it N. Meningitis or S. Pneumonia?

Members don't see this ad.

Need to know the age groups.

E.Coli / GBS? --> H.Influenza --> but then is it N. Meningitis or S. Pneumonia?

Someone might have to confirm this, but I remember reading in HY Neuro yesterday that:
<1m = GBS, EColi, L. Mono
1-23m = S.Pneum
2-18y = N.Mening
>19y = S.Pneum

Someone might have to confirm this, but I remember reading in HY Neuro yesterday that:
1-23m = S.Pneum
2-18y = N.Mening
>19y = S.Pneum

Wait, just saw this is very different from the one in FA, both of which are different from that in my course notes...not sure about CMMRS...

1-23m = S.Pneum
2-18y = N.Mening
>19y = S.Pneum

pretty sure that's close to what i was taught. Adding in that E.Coli and Listeria come back in the picture for the elderly.

pretty sure that's close to what i was taught. Adding in that E.Coli and Listeria come back in the picture for the elderly.

Dont preg woman also have more List?

Look, the groups are just different to those in FA, and FA has more organisms...but i don't think it'll make SUCH a huge difference whether you study this one or the FA one...the reason my coursenotes were somewhat different is because H.Infl still causes a bit of a problem here... :)