Mental Health Counseling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laradust

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am a little lost and need some advice, I am actually looking into three schools for masters in mental health counseling: Carlos Albizu U, Florida International University and University of Miami... I'll be moving to Miami because of my husband's job and masters so these are my options basically (I'm open to more suggestions in the area). I was accepted to Carlos Albizu but I don't know anything about this school and no one else seems to know anything either so I'm a little nervous, all I know is that their PsyD is APA accredited. From the other schools, the only one that's CACREP accredited is FIU... Anyway, I would either go into this school that no one has heard of or wait a semester and get into FIU or wait a year and get into UM... Does anyone know anything about these schools/programs? Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Since you mentioned Carlos Ilbizu's doctoral program…I personally wouldn't put much/any weight into them having an APA-acred. doctoral program. I have come across a handle of CVs from their (doctoral) students, and they were not very good nor competitive compared to other applicants from other universities in FL or nationally.

Thanks! that was my impression when I spoke with one of their students...