Mercer COP C/O 2018 (Fall 2014 Matriculation)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bc02684

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
PharmCAS opens up in less than a month; just wondering if anyone else is applying to Mercer at this time! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm am.... I'm applying to as many schools as possible.

I am, too! Good luck to everyone during this stressful process!

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here. It isnt high on my list because I live in Washington but the program seems nice.

I'm applying as well--PharmCAS is in; waiting for supplemental to open.

Yep I have my interview on the 20th as well

Hi I am P1 at Mercer. Message me if you have any questions about interviews, class, etc.

I have an interview on the 20th too! I'm so nervous, haha.

Since there's a mingling session of the interview process, I'd like to get to know you guys a little better so we can look for each other when the time comes. :) I'll be the half-Korean girl in a black suit with a patterned white and black shirt.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to everyone interviewing on the 20th! I will be submitting my application soon, so I hope to be in the same position that you all are in very soon!

:)

I have an interview on the 20th too! I'm so nervous, haha.

Since there's a mingling session of the interview process, I'd like to get to know you guys a little better so we can look for each other when the time comes. :) I'll be the half-Korean girl in a black suit with a patterned white and black shirt.
maybe we'll be in the same group!

Last edited:
lol i'm still deciding my outfit
Ooohh. :laugh: My mom made sure I had one ready the day after I received an email from Mercer. I'd probably still be deciding what to wear right now if it wasn't for her, lol.

Let me know though, so I can look out for you! :)

Ooohh. :laugh: My mom made sure I had one ready the day after I received an email from Mercer. I'd probably still be deciding what to wear right now if it wasn't for her, lol.

Let me know though, so I can look out for you! :)
Definitely will! :)

Congrats to everyone who received an interview! I hope I get one soon too :) When did you guys turn in your pharmcas application and supplemental?

Congrats to everyone who received an interview! I hope I get one soon too :) When did you guys turn in your pharmcas application and supplemental?
I sent my pharmcas in maybe end of july beginning of august? and then supplementals not too long after that

I turned Pharmcas in on August 13, and the supplemental a couple of days after I think. And thanks! :) Hope you'll hear from them soon too.

I turned Pharmcas in on August 13, and the supplemental a couple of days after I think. And thanks! :) Hope you'll hear from them soon too.

Thank you :) I turned my application in the end if august. I was really scared that i might not get an interview because i did the biggest typo on the supplemental. I managed to miss a ? In the middle a sentence after double checking it. But I just received my invitation today :D it will be on August 27th.

Hey guys! For the people who have already received interviews or submitted their application, would you mind posting your stats (PCAT scores, GPA's, etc.) I'll totally understand if you don't want to give all your information. I just would like to get an idea because I'm debating whether or not I should go through with retaking the PCAT before submitting my app. The score I have just satisfies Mercer's requirements but I know that I can approve my score with a retake. My entire PharmCAS application and supplemental app are complete, I just haven't clicked submit yet. I feel pretty confident about all the aspects of my application (GPA, volunteer work, references), it's just the PCAT that I'm worried about. I know that the PCAT isn't all that adcom looks at but still.

Thanks in advance!!

Mercer received my supplemental application, fee, and PharmCAS application on Septemeber 3rd. I was wondering if anyone else had submitted their application around this same time and had heard about an interview yet?

For skn: I had my apps in by the end of July--both pharmcas and the supplemental.

For bc02684: My GPA is somewhere around 3.6, and my PCAT was 97th overall percentile.

I'm still trying to wrap up my school work for the week so I can make the drive (8hrs!!) on Thursday. Hope to see you all there!

Mercer has received mine on Sept. 3rd as well. Waiting for some response from them.

I will be interviewing September 27 at 1pm! I hope to meet some of you! Anyone else that day?

For the poster who asked about stats:

cGPA (pharmcas)- 2.9
PCAT- 96
Tech exp- 5 years retail, 6 mo organ transplant
Foster dog parent for Boston Terrier Rescue
Many E.C.s in undergrad.

Good luck everyone!

How were the Sept. 20th interviews??? Details please :)

Pretty relaxed--an info session about the school, student-lead tour, interview with faculty, interview with student, and group discussion, which IMO was more along the lines of group interview.

Should I have questions prepared to ask the faculty/students?

It can't hurt. After the student interviewer exhausted their set of questions, they asked if I had any. Plus, don't you want to know more about the school?

Mercer received my supplemental application, fee, and PharmCAS application on Septemeber 3rd. I was wondering if anyone else had submitted their application around this same time and had heard about an interview yet?
Did you receive any intimation from them. Even my application was received on the 3rd of sept.

Yes I received an interview invitation last week. Good luck!

I got an email 8/30 that my application was under review and I would be notified in 2-3 weeks, but still haven't heard anything! Stressing me out!

Got an acceptance email yesterday. :)
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what was your PCAT scores? I have a feeling that my PCAT score could hold me back from any final decisions from schools until i take it again in late october

I got an email 8/30 that my application was under review and I would be notified in 2-3 weeks, but still haven't heard anything! Stressing me out!
That's pretty much me with every school i applied to =/ lol but don't worry they're rolling admissions so i'm sure you'll hear from them soon. good luck!

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what was your PCAT scores? I have a feeling that my PCAT score could hold me back from any final decisions from schools until i take it again in late october

I'm in the same situation as you! I'm retaking the PCAT on Oct. 29th.

I'm in the same situation as you! I'm retaking the PCAT on Oct. 29th.
As soon as I posted that I received an email from Mercer stating that my status will be reviewed for a final decision after I take my PCAT again in October 30th. I can feel even more pressure now knowing that my PCAT score for Oct 30th could be the deciding factor :scared::(

As soon as I posted that I received an email from Mercer stating that my status will be reviewed for a final decision after I take my PCAT again in October 30th. I can feel even more pressure now knowing that my PCAT score for Oct 30th could be the deciding factor :scared::(

Well look on the bright side, at least they aren't making they're final decision based off of your old PCAT scores. :) I'm super nervous about the Oct. 29th PCAT as well, how have you been studying???

It was nice to meet people attending the Sept 27th interview last Friday! I hope we all make it. :thumbup:

Well look on the bright side, at least they aren't making they're final decision based off of your old PCAT scores. :) I'm super nervous about the Oct. 29th PCAT as well, how have you been studying???
I've been freaking out pretty much >.< idk. I've been trying to go over everything but it's just so much & me freaking out is making things worse. Most likely I'm going to read per biology & take notes/read over chem & ochem stuff. I'm at a lost as to how to study for verbal though =\ how are you doing on studying? Any tips? Lol

I've been freaking out pretty much >.< idk. I've been trying to go over everything but it's just so much & me freaking out is making things worse. Most likely I'm going to read per biology & take notes/read over chem & ochem stuff. I'm at a lost as to how to study for verbal though =\ how are you doing on studying? Any tips? Lol

I feel the same way! There is so much information to review, plus I'm taking a full course load in school :( . For Chemistry: Dr. Collins, Kaplan book and old notes ; For Biology: Kaplan book and some Dr. Collins, For Quant: Kaplan, PCAT Destoyer & Pearson practice test. For Verbal and Reading: Since it is so hard to master these sections in such a short time period, I'm just going to take as many practice test as I can just so I can get a feel for the questions and the time limit.

I feel the same way! There is so much information to review, plus I'm taking a full course load in school :( . For Chemistry: Dr. Collins, Kaplan book and old notes ; For Biology: Kaplan book and some Dr. Collins, For Quant: Kaplan, PCAT Destoyer & Pearson practice test. For Verbal and Reading: Since it is so hard to master these sections in such a short time period, I'm just going to take as many practice test as I can just so I can get a feel for the questions and the time limit.

=\ yeah I know how you feel about the full course load. Reason why I didn't do as great the first time I took it. Only this time it's not classes I have but full time job. Pretty much sounds like my study attack though. Hopefully it'll be good enough.

My composite was 97th percentile.

Got accepted! woohooo. Got a call today around 6pm right after they were done with committee meeting. Woohooo!