Mercer University Class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hakunamatata711

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone! Just got my interview invite to Mercer! I'll be heading down September 16th. Is anyone else going on that day? I applied early decision, so I am super excited :D

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I have an interview on the same day at 1:00 pm. I'm from Cali so it's going to be a new and crazy experience so I'm really excited! Good luck on your interview and let me know if you want to discuss anything!

Cool! My interview is at 1:00 too! :) Maybe I'll see you there. I'm coming from Seattle, so I totally understand what you mean about it being a new experience. Anyway, good luck and safe travels!

Members don't see this ad :)
They still haven't received my supplemental fee that I mailed in.... I hope it wasn't lost in the mail :(

Ayeeee...congrats everyone...i'll be there on the 16th as well. See ya there. Anyone know how long it take mercer to make a decision on acceptance?

Ayeeee...congrats everyone...i'll be there on the 16th as well. See ya there. Anyone know how long it take mercer to make a decision on acceptance?

I remember reading somewhere that it takes about three weeks after the interview? Not exactly sure though!

Hey, I'll be there at 1:00pm on Sept. 16th too! So excited! I applied for early decision also. Wonder how many will be there...

I remember reading somewhere that it takes about three weeks after the interview? Not exactly sure though!

I read in the last year thread, they said it took only a week after the interview?!

Anyone know the average stats for last years incoming class?? GPA (overall,science), PCAT, etc...

Just got a call from admissions!!! I'll be at Mercer next fall!:D Good luck with your apps everyone!:luck: I hope you all get into your dream school!

Got the call around 4:45 pm. I'm so so so so happy. I love MERCER!!! Its ecstatic!!! whooo hooo :soexcited::clap::biglove::love::hardy:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely got into my first choice :)!! Can't wait to see you all next fall! Congrats to those that got in, and good luck to those whom are applying/haven't heard back!!

Last edited:
Congrats!!!!
How did the interview go? Was it a group or individual interview???

Congrats!!!!
How did the interview go? Was it a group or individual interview???

The interview is pretty laid back. Just make sure you are prepared as soon as you step out of your car haha. First, several faculty members will try to sell their school to you. Basically give you their history and their programs they offer and the general information you may need to know. Then Pharmacy Ambassadors (pharmacy students) will take you on a tour of the campus. After the tour you have a student interview with second or third year pharmacy student. This is pretty laid back..i was in a cafeteria. After that you go back to where you started...I didn't realize this but this was the second interview. You just mingle with everyone. Make sure you talk to anyone and everyone!! lol After that you will be taken to your final interview with a faculty/pharmacist. I had it with Dr. Bonner. she was pretty chill. Its really a laid back interview!!! Good luck to all that are applying and Congrats to Mercer Class of 2016 peeps Ayeeee:thumbup:

I have an interview on 10/14 at 1pm....Will anyone else be there on this date?

I have an interview coming up at Mercer. I've been reading their website (http://cophs.mercer.edu/pharmd.htm) to get information about the school but so far I don't feel comfortable answering the question "Why Mercer?" yet.. Could someone tell me or pinpoint me to where I can find more info about the curriculum, location, teaching style, rotation sites, etc.? What does the school pride itself on? Any help is appreciated.

I have an interview coming up at Mercer. I've been reading their website (http://cophs.mercer.edu/pharmd.htm) to get information about the school but so far I don't feel comfortable answering the question "Why Mercer?" yet.. Could someone tell me or pinpoint me to where I can find more info about the curriculum, location, teaching style, rotation sites, etc.? What does the school pride itself on? Any help is appreciated.

I private message students of a particular school that I'm interested in on this forum to learn more about the school.
Go to this link: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=208624 Click on what ever class you want and find Mercer.
It shows a list of people who have been accepted to pharmacy schools. Then go to the community tab at the top and click on member list and then go to search to find their profile to pm them.

Last edited:
There is a campus tour so wear comfortable shoes. Weather may be chilly. The faculty interview was the most interview-like, others are more conversational.

I private message students of a particular school that I'm interested in on this forum to learn more about the school.
Go to this link: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=208624 Click on what ever class you want and find Mercer.
It shows a list of people who have been accepted to pharmacy schools. Then go to the community tab at the top and click on member list and then go to search to find their profile to pm them.

Wow, thanks.

Any Mercer students here????? -_-

Wow look at this awesome thread full of Mercer applicants in the appropriate forum! Allow me to merge them for awesomeness.

Hey everyone!

I am a current P1 at Mercer University. My name is Spenser, I just logged on to see what the SDN thread for Mercer looks like this year! So far it looks somewhat active. I'll be checking periodically, so if you have any questions PM or just respond on the thread! Take care everyone, and good luck this semester.

Spenser Harris
Student Pharmacist Class of 2015
Mercer University COPHS
Pharmacy Ambassador 2011 - 2012

i believe adcoms are meeting today :eek:

Great news, accepted as well around 5pm today. Congrats to all taken so far and good luck to all applying. Being on the waiting list is not bad. UGA will take some seats away!

Congratulations to:

PhoenixFire, BrownSugar83, GAPeachPharmD, and carbond!!!

Your hard work has paid off :cool: I hope you all select Mercer and join us in the Fall of 2012 as members of the class of 2016!

PhoenixFire, when did you receive your acceptance letter/phone call? I assume you went to the 10-14 interview day. (I'm just trying to judge how long it should take to hear back, I actually went to the 10-28 interview date, and they were supposed to meet today, Nov 1st, to make their decisions)

just recieved a call today at 7:35am western time. ACCEPTED!!!

Hey tehe,

I was at the Oct 28th interview too. what was your name ?

yay i got in too... hope to yall this fall :)

Hey everyone!

Congratulations on everyone who got in! I was just wondering if yall minded to share your stats? I just applied there, but I feel like my PCAT 64 is too low.

Hey everyone!

Congratulations on everyone who got in! I was just wondering if yall minded to share your stats? I just applied there, but I feel like my PCAT 64 is too low.

Hi there,

A 64 is great! My PCAT was alot lower than yours. My composite was only a 45, but the fact my chem score was 64 and bio was 87, I'm sure that helped me out a little. Also, I have completed all their pre-reqs and I have a Master's degree.

Hey blake,

I'm Ben, not sure if you remember me. Nice to see the only 2 males that day made it in. Congrats!

How many people were at your interviews?

There were 10 people I think but we were told our interview group was a little smaller. That was the October 28th group.

Congrats Ben and Blake! I remember you guys. I got in too :) I'm Danielle... if it's not obvious by the username haha.