Mercer University Class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys,

I interviewed on 03/16, and I received a call from Emily Foster this morning while I was at work. She left a message saying she was calling in regards to their admissions decision. I called and left a message as soon as I got off work, but I am guessing I wont hear back until tomorrow. I was wondering if Mercer calls everyone they interview regardless if they were accepted, or if they only personally call those that got in. I am just curious what I should expect, and whether I should start celebrating now.

Members don't see this ad.

i think they only call those who got accepted... you can celebrate now!

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year I was wait-listed and they notified me via e-mail that I didn't get in.
I still haven't received anything. So do they notify you through email or postal mail if you have an interview??

Is there a facebook group for Mercer class of 2016?

To tydt and all accepted students, you can request admission to the Mercer Pharmacy class of 2016 Facebook group by going to http://www.facebook.com/groups/257160447659238/ and clicking "Ask to Join Group." Once it is verified that you are indeed a member of the 2016 class, you will be accepted into the group!

A lot of these students that are quoted are from our current P1 class!
Also, Dr. Christine Klein is featured in this article. Dr. Klein is the professor in charge of our simulation lab that some of you may have heard about, and others will learn about.

Thanks to everyone who made it out to the Mercer Class of 2016 Spring Picnic yesterday! It was great meeting a bunch of y'all and we are really, really looking forward to having all of you as part of the Mercer family come Fall. It is very clear you are a bright, friendly, and motivated group.

For those who are admitted and are coming to Mercer in the Fall but could not make the Picnic, be sure to let one of us in the admissions office know your T-Shirt size so we can mail a class of 2016 T-shirt to you.

For those who have not yet received an admissions decision or have not yet interviewed, keep the hope up, there are still spots left in the class!

For those of who have been admitted but have not joined the Class of 2016 Facebook group yet, visit http://www.facebook.com/groups/257160447659238/

Hi, I interview on 3/30 and I haven't heard anything since the date.

Also admistration office didn't answer my email (i was asking what is goimg to happen to me)

That means I got rejected/waitlisted?

Members don't see this ad :)
If they haven't called you yet probably means you're waitlisted like most and not rejected yet.I would give them a call to check my status though.

Hey. I see you are from Seattle. I also am from Washington State. I just got an interview invite for May 9th. I was originally accepted at PCOM, but due to a technicallity, I won't be going. Any advice for the interview?

I just got back home to LA from the interview at Mercer. Wow, it really was pretty laid back as others have said. I may have met one or two of you on here today, everyone was very fun, engaging, and pleasant.

The campus is definitely beautiful! I am falling more and more in love with the program as I continue to research it. Hope to get a welcome e-mail or phone call soon. :)

Remember Me? (Terence). I guess the interview format was the same as last year. Yeah, being oneself, not trying to be something or someone else? (lol). I am glad you got back safely. When I emailed Emily a few weeks ago, they had some seats available. The group from yesterday was not as big as last year's final group. Mercer is my number one choice. They have an overall great program. It was a pleasure meeting you, and I am glad you made it back safely.

I had my interview on May 9th & I just got a call this morning informing me that I've been accepted!

Hey Terence! Yeah, I definitely remember you. I actually just got a call from them telling me that I got accepted! Best wake up call ever. I hope you get in too, this way we have an established study group!

Thanks to everyone who made it out to the Mercer Class of 2016 Spring Picnic yesterday! It was great meeting a bunch of y'all and we are really, really looking forward to having all of you as part of the Mercer family come Fall. It is very clear you are a bright, friendly, and motivated group.

For those who are admitted and are coming to Mercer in the Fall but could not make the Picnic, be sure to let one of us in the admissions office know your T-Shirt size so we can mail a class of 2016 T-shirt to you.

For those who have not yet received an admissions decision or have not yet interviewed, keep the hope up, there are still spots left in the class!

For those of who have been admitted but have not joined the Class of 2016 Facebook group yet, visit http://www.facebook.com/groups/257160447659238/
Hey, I just got admitted today.

I had my interview on May 9th & I just got a call this morning informing me that I've been accepted!
I had my interview on the 9th also. I am Brent from Washington State. I just got the call this afternoon that I am accepted! I am so excited to be going to Mercer!

thanks for quoting this, i couldn't find the facebook group when i was searching for it!

Hey everyone!

I am a current P1 at Mercer University. My name is Spenser, I just logged on to see what the SDN thread for Mercer looks like this year! So far it looks somewhat active. I'll be checking periodically, so if you have any questions PM or just respond on the thread! Take care everyone, and good luck this semester.

Spenser Harris
Student Pharmacist Class of 2015
Mercer University COPHS
Pharmacy Ambassador 2011 - 2012

Hi just wondering... I interviewed at Mercer last week. Some people that I interviewed with got called back today but I didn't. I called the office and they said that they were sitll going through the applications. My question is do they call back everyone that they want from the same interview on the same day? I've heard they do it by alphabetical order? Should I take this as a rejection or just keep waiting?

Hey Terence! Yeah, I definitely remember you. I actually just got a call from them telling me that I got accepted! Best wake up call ever. I hope you get in too, this way we have an established study group!
Hey Joseph,
I guess your study group wish will become reality. Got accepted via telephone call today. Very excited about attending Mercer. I guess we will become colleagues. I am very excited about that.

Hey Joseph,
I guess your study group wish will become reality. Got accepted via telephone call today. Very excited about attending Mercer. I guess we will become colleagues. I am very excited about that.

NICE! Congratulations! I already have 1 friend in this completely new environment. Good to know.

Congratulations to everyone who has been recently accepted:) I can't wait to meet everyone in August!!

Hi just wondering... I interviewed at Mercer last week. Some people that I interviewed with got called back today but I didn't. I called the office and they said that they were sitll going through the applications. My question is do they call back everyone that they want from the same interview on the same day? I've heard they do it by alphabetical order? Should I take this as a rejection or just keep waiting?

Never take it as a rejection until you get the e-mail stating it as such! Keep your fingers crossed. We had a lot of good applicants this year and they have to make sure they choose the people they think will fit best at Mercer! I'm glad to see you're so excited to know, and I imagine it's pretty nerve-wrecking. BUT, this IS the last interview date, so you will know very soon.

They don't necessarily call all applicants on the same day, and I'm not sure if it's by alphabetical order or not. So keep waiting, keep positive thoughts, and I hope to see you this fall!

Also, for those that have been accepted, and are attending, here is your facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/257160447659238/

Brian also posted it a little while ago, and your classmate Elizabeth Lai is the administrator of the page, so you can contact her if you have any questions.

Congratulations everyone!

I've got a busy summer term but I'll try my best to answer everyone's questions on here or the Facebook group.

Congrats to those who've been and accepted and for those whom are still waiting, be positive! Look on the bright side: you were one of the many students who applied and received an interview! I wish you all the best of luck!!

Last edited:
Never take it as a rejection until you get the e-mail stating it as such! Keep your fingers crossed. We had a lot of good applicants this year and they have to make sure they choose the people they think will fit best at Mercer! I'm glad to see you're so excited to know, and I imagine it's pretty nerve-wrecking. BUT, this IS the last interview date, so you will know very soon.

They don't necessarily call all applicants on thesame day, and I'm not sure if it's by alphabetical order or not. So keep waiting, keep positive thoughts, and I hope to see you this fall!

Hey Spenserh88,

Do you know if class of 2016 is currently full or if people are still being pulled off the waitlist?

Has anyone been pulled from the alternate list for admission?

Did anyone attend the information session for prospective students last year? If so, what did you wear?

I called Mercer today and Jordana told me that they haven't pulled anyone off the Alternate List. She also said it didn't look like they were going to pull anyone off since not that many people declined their offer. She didn't sound too hopeful. :-( They will be communicating that to everyone on the Alternate List soon!

My son declined his offer so I know there was at least one.

I friend of mine just showed me a letter they supposedly got from Emily at Mercer, but I can't imagine it being real. Emily has a Masters Degree yet this letter is full of grammatical errors. I can't imagine the face for future students would butcher the English language so poorly. Can someone verify if this is actually what students, or prospective students, receive. Plus I found it odd that this person would be accepted, sent a welcome date, but told they don't have any openings at the time. If you're on the waitlist, would you really be told to come in for a welcome session?

Thanks,
Ivan

Attachments

• acceptance.jpg
    acceptance.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 70