Merit-Based Scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FuturePharm21

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

what kind of GPA/MCAT warrants a merit-based scholarship saving some money off of tuition?

I know there's very few DO schools that give scholarships based on merit but I just wanted to know if there were any scholarships as medical school is expensive....obviously.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

what kind of GPA/MCAT warrants a merit-based scholarship saving some money off of tuition?

I know there's very few DO schools that give scholarships based on merit but I just wanted to know if there were any scholarships as medical school is expensive....obviously.

You only want DO information or MD as well? Are your parents immigrants, if so, there is a scholarship for that. Lastly, are you a URM because I know of scholarships for URM.

DO schools only, parents are citizens but immigrated in 1980's and I'm not a URM.

I'm guessing students need to have +3.8 GPA and +33 MCAT for such scholarships? I know there's very few.

Members don't see this ad :)
DO schools only, parents are citizens but immigrated in 1980's and I'm not a URM.

I'm guessing students need to have +3.8 GPA and +33 MCAT for such scholarships? I know there's very few.

Paul and Daisy Soros Fellowship :D its for immigrants. I am applying for it in a couple of years and this scholarship pays for 2 years of professional school and give you a 20,000 stipend.

Check it out and tell me what you think

This is in the wrong forum. This isn't a school specific question.

can someone post the names of other scholarships? I tried googling it and my search was too non specific.

I'm a U.S. citizen, can we post scholarships that are just based on MCAT/GPA and not based on being a URM....because I know there's not many but it would be good to know there are some?

I'm a U.S. citizen, can we post scholarships that are just based on MCAT/GPA and not based on being a URM....because I know there's not many but it would be good to know there are some?

There isn't many in the DO world. DO schools don't have the same funding as MD for scholarships at this point to give out as many merit based scholarships. Otherwise: Fastweb is your friend. It's about the only universally recommended scholarship site I've seen from schools.