messed up at interviews? what do you all think

Strikeout13GB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
had two interviews and no acceptances, not expecting anything at this point either. Check my predent profile for stats and numbers but it seems to me I must have screwed up at my interviews. Especially VCU, they have a good interview/acceptance ratio, plus i'm instate. What do you all think? because I'm clueless as to what happened this cycle. I have learned a lot this cycle though and its been a humbling experience. (I know no one really knows but anyone on here has a better idea and understands the process better than anyone else I could ask). Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm

I am not exactly sure what to tell you. Your stats look great. Did you act awkwardly during your interviews, not show empathy, or have poor social skills? Dental school admissions can be very tricky. I hate to say it, but I've seen people get into schools simply because their family knew someone in the school or their parents went to that school ect. I basically consider it the white version of affirmative action. It seems Asians and middle-eastern people get the most screwed by it since they no advantage in either (JK). Keep your head up you may simply be on the wait list. If you have to re-apply, make sure your EC's match your great academic profile. Dress sharp for the interview, practice your interview routine, and really make an impression.