methadone combined with percocet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lnsean

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been seeing this more often---although not frequent. Is this a new trend with pain management?

Members don't see this ad.

I have never seen this combo, but for pain management it makes since, the standard is to use a long-acting drug for base-line pain control, with short-acting drugs for pain surges.

Yea, I don't see why Percocet couldn't be used for BTP

Members don't see this ad :)
What about oxycodone /APAP 10/325 #180 + hydrocodone/APAP 10/325 #210 for 304.00 338.29?

What about oxycodone /APAP 10/325 #180 + hydrocodone/APAP 10/325 #210 for 304.00 338.29?
Doesn't seem right. If they have severe pain they should be on an extended release with an IR prn BTP.

Plus what are the directions on that? Seems like a lot of apap

Reactions: 1 user
Tell that to these "pain management" NPs (and they have full prescribing rights in AZ, no supervision required). Multiple IRs don't compute

Tell that to these "pain management" NPs (and they have full prescribing rights in AZ, no supervision required). Multiple IRs don't compute

It is such hit and miss with NP's. I have seen some excellent ones, who know exactly what they are doing. I have also seen some crazy ones that I can't believe have any kind of medical background