Method for notifications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crotchrocketer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Been awaiting a decision from the last DPM program, and been nervous as hell. Do programs usually send paper mail or email for the initial decision notification?

Members don't see this ad.

I also received an email first then about a week later received the official acceptance letter with other supporting documents and news about what the next steps were. Hang in there and Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if NYCPM sends out rejection / acceptance emails the same time? Just curious if they send out acceptance emails first, then send rejection emails...
Interviewed in May and have yet to hear anything.

Last edited:
by the way, what is the acceptance rate for NYCPM? My aunt said it was close to 80% back in her day but she's not sure.

She received her acceptance by mail.

Do you guys know approximately how long most schools take after the interview to notify the applicant of an acceptance?

It really depends on the school. These are my experiences:

Ohio: Interviewed on a Friday got accepted that Monday (I guess I was lucky in that they probably had a committee meeting that monday).
Florida: This one took the longest, about 3 weeks after my interview got an acceptance email.
Scholl: Approximately 2 weeks.
NYCPM: About a week. This was the only school that notified me first via a phone call.

All schools have different methods.

Is it possible that a school does not answer with a decision? (Assuming rejection)
I ask because I have seen many people say I never heard back from so and so...

They always reply with either a rejection, acceptance, or a wait list. Even if you are rejected they let you know.
Lets be honest, no one really wants to admit they been rejected and the last thing they want is to tell others.
"I never heard back" is a good way of keeping things on the down low. And for those who never really heard back, one phone call or an email could change that.

Reactions: 1 user