MGMA Physicians Salary Survey anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

musom

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Curious if anyone has seen/purchased a recent copy of the MGMA physicians salary survey? I'm entering the job market in July (keep the negative comments to yourself) and would like to be armed with a ballpark salary for contract negotiations.

Members don't see this ad.

Just keep in mind that whatever it says will not reflect an entry level salary.

Actually, it should. I believe they break it down in many categories.

Members don't see this ad :)
Curious if anyone has seen/purchased a recent copy of the MGMA physicians salary survey? I'm entering the job market in July (keep the negative comments to yourself) and would like to be armed with a ballpark salary for contract negotiations.

There are several other sources that you can use for a "ballpark" salary. Many universities have physicians' salaries available on line. You could look as Assistant Professors in the city, and multiply by about 1.4 for a private practice job. The 1.4 multiplier is somewhat arbitrary, but it is close.

You can also go to the medical school library and look at the most recent copy of the AAMC salary survey, again look at Assistant Professors in your region and multiply by 1.4.

Bear in mind that the AAMC is total compensation, which includes salary and bonus. It would not include benefits.

Good luck with your job search.

I found a lot of the online information from universities DOES NOT include all relevant income and often displays ONLY base salary. So take that for what it's worth.

Right, I was hoping to come armed with a black and white "this is an average base starting salary for an academic pathologist in this region". I understand the difficulties of defining this, considering all other benefits/bonuses/etc..

Anyway, I was hoping for the MGMA survey...

They are password protected...