MGMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tenesma

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any body have MGMA data for 2012 or 2013?

Members don't see this ad.

Why is everyone looking for this lately? Are the PP guys weighing the options or something? Just curious.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why is everyone looking for this lately? Are the PP guys weighing the options or something? Just curious.

Probably.

In my area a lot of the big practices have sold and are now employed, or are getting their practices ready to sell.

The younger guys? Crying.

A lot of us in private practice are doing our taxes and profit/loss statements and looking to benchmark....
Gotcha. Was just curious. It would freak me out (even more) if people such as you and tenesma were re evaluating your situations.

I'm going to try to stay as independent from hospital employee status as long as possible. The pendulum is swinging that way, but could swing back. I like my independence. I'll hold out as long as I can.

This is a sidetrack, so bear with me.

MGMA is using YOUR income without your permission. Dont you ever wonder where those salary survey numbers come from? Do you really think that there are over 100,000 doctors who voluntarily release that info to MGMA?

Dont be naive. MGMA gets this info because large practice groups are SELLING IT TO THEM. That means if you work for a large group that has an MBA/CEO type at the head of the organization, they are selling your info without your permission to MGMA.

This is a sidetrack, so bear with me.

MGMA is using YOUR income without your permission. Dont you ever wonder where those salary survey numbers come from? Do you really think that there are over 100,000 doctors who voluntarily release that info to MGMA?

Dont be naive. MGMA gets this info because large practice groups are SELLING IT TO THEM. That means if you work for a large group that has an MBA/CEO type at the head of the organization, they are selling your info without your permission to MGMA.
More like GIVING the info to mgma.

As a private clinic owner, i have a lot of write offs that add to the bottom line.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey where was that thread where everyone was talking billing and collections and MM or algos or someone experienced and smart laid out what the average monthly collections were for pain docs in their 1st, 2nd, 3rd years etc? I can't seem to find that very valuable thread!!

Does MGMA numbers give data on the average support staff to Physician ratio is?

I'm curious if anyone knows what that is. Also, if some of you that work in private practice wouldn't mind sharing that ratio - especially those that work in an office with more than 1 FTE.

Thanks!

I'm solo and have one front desk girl/pre auth, etc. , one MA/biller, and one MA who works between half and full time so somewhere between 2-3 FTE. My overhead is at about 30% if I don't include what I salary myself at as overhead.

Reactions: 1 user
Contract negotiations begin!! Anyone have MGMA data??

I'm solo and have one front desk girl/pre auth, etc. , one MA/biller, and one MA who works between half and full time so somewhere between 2-3 FTE. My overhead is at about 30% if I don't include what I salary myself at as overhead.
Which you have to include for it to be comparable to the overhead others are reporting

yeah I too would like the 50% wRVU number to go along with the 68.82 mean $/wrvu