MHA New Graduates Avg Salary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wwxx

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Anyone know (or experienced) what the average salary for a newly graduated MHA degree is?
I researched on schools like USC, GWU, they seem unbelievably low to me (like 50,000-70,000), so wanted to get a validation.
I currently make nearly $60,000 with a Bachelor's not even health related. If going to a school with $80,000 tuition and possibly make the same, if not lower, coming out, I don't know why I'm even going for it.

Any thoughts or experiences??

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I cant speak too generally, but for UMN, UM, and UNC, the avg salary for a fellowship is roughly 52k. However, the avg first year salary for those that go straight into employment (consulting, hospital director, etc...) is like 90-105k. Here's UMN's job info: http://sph.umn.edu/site/docs/hpm/degrees/mha/Healthcare Admin MHA_CareerSpotlight.pdf

Re: the fellowship route - typically that fellowship salary nearly doubles 2-3 years after, if not in your first job post-fellowship. (This is at least the case for UMN, not sure for UM/UNC)

Thank you JQH for the information. It makes more sense now.