Miami 4th year Neuro Resident attacks Uber guy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is unfortunate but in my opinion, this does not belong to SDN and/ or should not be discussed here.
As far as I can tell, her training institution had nothing to do with this individual's behavior outside of work.
But that's one person's opinion.

Reactions: 3 users
This is unfortunate but in my opinion, this does not belong to SDN and/ or should not be discussed here.
As far as I can tell, her training institution had nothing to do with this individual's behavior outside of work.

Oh it most certainly can be discussed here. She is/was a resident at said institution. Her training institution may have nothing to do with it but her outside behavior (including the assault on the uber driver) does reflect upon her and how she carries herself as a physician.

Members don't see this ad :)
She's a 4th year Neuro resident at Jackson in Miami.
I think it's relevant.
Social media and smart phones are everywhere, ready to be used. It's like a smoking gun.
As uber is being used more and more, we are seeing more violence and shenanigans involved.
Let this be a cautionary tale. It'll be interesting to see what happens and what they ultimately decide to do with her after this internal investigation.
Perhaps in the non-social media/smart phone era, she'd have gotten away with it. Problem is, when it's visual it becomes real. Similar to the NFL issues with domestic violence. It's always been there, but with videos it became real.

I agree. I saw the story earlier today, and checked here to see if there was any discussion here. I was glad to see that, at that time, there was no thread over the topic in the neuro forums.

This is an unfortunate situation for all parties involved, and I feel bad that so many on FB, reddit, instagram, and even the SDN allopathic forum have found such entertainment from a dark time in her career.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree. I saw the story earlier today, and checked here to see if there was any discussion here. I was glad to see that, at that time, there was no thread over the topic.

This is an unfortunate situation for all parties involved, and I feel bad that so many on FB, reddit, instagram, and even the SDN allopathic forum have found such entertainment from a dark time in her career.

I would like to see it as something separate from her career. It is unacceptable/ pathetic behavior but this incident did not happen with a patient or at work or even outside with a white coat on. So I do not understand why it is important to highlight the fact that she's a neurologist/ resident. Unless someone wants to make a case for a mental breakdown which would be tough to do. Anyways, those are my two cents.

I would like to see it as something separate from her career. It is unacceptable/ pathetic behavior but this incident did not happen with a patient or at work or even outside with a white coat on. So I do not understand why it is important to highlight the fact that she's a neurologist/ resident. Unless someone wants to make a case for a mental breakdown which would be tough to do. Anyways, those are my two cents.

Nobody would have known (at least initially), but she made it a point to tell the officers arresting her that she would lose her medical license if she was arrested and stated she was a neurologist.

Correlation. Not even close to causation. Hence not worth it.

Nobody would have known (at least initially), but she made it a point to tell the officers arresting her that she would lose her medical license if she was arrested and stated she was a neurologist.

Nobody would have known if the bystanders were more active in diffusing the process and shared the video with police only instead of the entire world with inflammatory text on YouTube

Nobody would have known if the bystanders were more active in diffusing the process and shared the video with police only instead of the entire world with inflammatory text on YouTube

I agree.
It's a damn shame that there are folks out there who love to humiliate and potentially harm someone's personal and professional life over some dumb shenanigans while out and drunk/high.
However, this is what society has come to. We are in the era of smart phones and social media. She was a social media fiend, and well, that method of communication did her in.

Sigh! I agree with others, this should be a cautionary tale. The social media is ruining lives and it would seem as if every thing one says/does is on camera anymore. I am in no way defending the way this woman behaved; however, before the days of social media, this would have been something her program and legal counsel dealt with and the entire nation did not need to know about it. Also, why is it that celebrities and Hollywood icons can act this way and they are not shamed for the whole world to see? Again I say, I am in no way defending this woman, but she is human. This did not need to be telecast for the entire world to see in the internet.

I agree.
It's a damn shame that there are folks out there who love to humiliate and potentially harm someone's personal and professional life over some dumb shenanigans while out and drunk/high.
However, this is what society has come to. We are in the era of smart phones and social media. She was a social media fiend, and well, that method of communication did her in.

Problem is, she didn't commit "dumb shenanigans". She tried to steal the keys of an Uber driver, assaulted said Uber driver, trashed his car, and then ran off. She wasn't done yet; upon arrest, she tried to assault a peace offer. Now, you tell me if those are considered "shenanigans" or not?

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Problem is, she didn't commit "dumb shenanigans". She tried to steal the keys of an Uber driver, assaulted said Uber driver, trashed his car, and then ran off. She wasn't done yet; upon arrest, she tried to assault a peace offer. Now, you tell me if those are considered "shenanigans" or not?

Yeah she doubled down hard.
She will have some major repercussions for her asinine actions. I would have pressed charges.

Yeah she doubled down hard.
She will have some major repercussions for her asinine actions. I would have pressed charges.

It sounds like the driver was generous. He asked for enough money to replace the items that she destroyed and left well enough alone otherwise. Have to hand it to the guy! It takes a big person to turn the other cheek. Unfortunately, she will face some hefty repercussions otherwise. Even if her program allows her to finish residency and her state medical board does not take her license, she will have a very difficult time landing a job.

IDK, maybe she is a spoiled, bratty person. Booze can make people act like total psychotic idiots. She has seriously hurt her career. Where were her friends to try to help her chill or redirect her? Social media is a huge killer. I think she was ridiculous, violent and abusive, and needs some serious guidance, but I still feel a little bit sorry for her--and I shouldn't. What a shame. Very ugly business.

When she got off basically Scott free care of her money and status, I'm pretty sure they took it upon themselves to let the internet sort it out.

The vast majority of people don't just randomly do this sort of thing- have you ever lost your mind and drunkenly destroyed property, assaulted someone, and resisted arrest? Probably not, because being drunk doesn't turn you into a different person. I would be highly surprised if this was the first such incident she'd talked and paid her way out of in her life, and thus was just the first time it was shared with the world.

I have no pity for her in the slightest.

Reactions: 1 users
When she got off basically Scott free care of her money and status, I'm pretty sure they took it upon themselves to let the internet sort it out.

The vast majority of people don't just randomly do this sort of thing- have you ever lost your mind and drunkenly destroyed property, assaulted someone, and resisted arrest? Probably not, because being drunk doesn't turn you into a different person. I would be highly surprised if this was the first such incident she'd talked and paid her way out of in her life, and thus was just the first time it was shared with the world.

I have no pity for her in the slightest.

Yes. You are probably right. It is just so painful to watch that video and see her blow up her career/life's work. :) I did say I probably shouldn't feel sorry for her. I will say that I have seen many drunk patients with a whole lot of regret after sobering up. I have also seen people act totally out of character, but I'm thinking perhaps they were repressing/suppressing things that came out during a major binge. If everyone could just stop at one or two drinks. . .

IDK, maybe she is a spoiled, bratty person. Booze can make people act like total psychotic idiots. She has seriously hurt her career. Where were her friends to try to help her chill or redirect her? Social media is a huge killer. I think she was ridiculous, violent and abusive, and needs some serious guidance, but I still feel a little bit sorry for her--and I shouldn't. What a shame. Very ugly business.

I watched the video again. I don't think she was even drunk really. She seemed pretty cogent and her cognition was intact. She wasn't falling over, slurring her speech, or being sloppy. All I saw was an angry woman hell bent on doing bad things.

Reactions: 3 users
I watched the video again. I don't think she was even drunk really. She seemed pretty cogent and her cognition was intact. She wasn't falling over, slurring her speech, or being sloppy. All I saw was an angry woman hell bent on doing bad things.

If that is true, she is really in trouble.

If that's so then there will surely be a history of this throughout her 4 years at her residency where the stress and workload would uncover those tendencies easily. That would be for the residency program to decide and, accordingly, make a decision.

Social media/public frenzy did not ruin her. It was simply a modern tool that allowed access into someone's life...sometimes the consequences unfortuantely can be too harsh due to the public mob mentality.

But imagine what kind of things people got away (not just professionals, obviously) with WITHOUT modern technology and communications tools. Scary to think about.

Remember the case with the anesthesia doc that was insulting her patient while he was undergoing colonoscopy? Relatively worse.

On the surface we can stereotype her as an entitled, bratty person but we should reserve such judgements as none of us know her personally and the reasonable assumption of things going on in her life that may be stressed out.

Due to such high public exposure it'll be hard to see the Florida Board/Hospital/PD do anything but part ways. It will be tough since she was only 5months out of residency....but if she learns from this and sobers up her actions then it should be fine in the long term.

A recent Missouri board deicision regarding another "impaired" physician I read has cited cases in Missouri where a physician was re-instated even after he had done some very serious crimes. As others have said....it was not patient related and not under work environment...and certainly doctors have been known/found to have done much worse....

Social media/public frenzy did not ruin her. It was simply a modern tool that allowed access into someone's life...sometimes the consequences unfortuantely can be too harsh due to the public mob mentality.

But imagine what kind of things people got away (not just professionals, obviously) with WITHOUT modern technology and communications tools. Scary to think about.

Remember the case with the anesthesia doc that was insulting her patient while he was undergoing colonoscopy? Relatively worse.

On the surface we can stereotype her as an entitled, bratty person but we should reserve such judgements as none of us know her personally and the reasonable assumption of things going on in her life that may be stressed out.

Due to such high public exposure it'll be hard to see the Florida Board/Hospital/PD do anything but part ways. It will be tough since she was only 5months out of residency....but if she learns from this and sobers up her actions then it should be fine in the long term.

A recent Missouri board deicision regarding another "impaired" physician I read has cited cases in Missouri where a physician was re-instated even after he had done some very serious crimes. As others have said....it was not patient related and not under work environment...and certainly doctors have been known/found to have done much worse....

Would she have to start residency all over again? What do you think would happen to her?

Would she have to start residency all over again? What do you think would happen to her?

Well while I'm fortuante to say I am not personally super familiar with such incidents...it's likely she'll just need to repeat PGY4. No need to repeat entire residency.

But the problem is who will take a risk on her in their PGY4 Neuro position. As a PD you have to decide.

Depending on her status (someone mentioned she us a US-IMG) she may or may not qualify for a general license to practice primary care (which for USMG is only after PGY-1 I belive....)

I know that in Missouri a recent law was passed that allows those who have not finished residency to practice in rural, underserved areas in primary care under supervision of a regular doc.

All I know is that I vented about a pharmacist on sdn, no names, nothing, and I got in trouble for it.

Lots of people are losing jobs over what they say/do in their spare time..

Sigh! I agree with others, this should be a cautionary tale. The social media is ruining lives and it would seem as if every thing one says/does is on camera anymore. I am in no way defending the way this woman behaved; however, before the days of social media, this would have been something her program and legal counsel dealt with and the entire nation did not need to know about it. Also, why is it that celebrities and Hollywood icons can act this way and they are not shamed for the whole world to see? Again I say, I am in no way defending this woman, but she is human. This did not need to be telecast for the entire world to see in the internet.

Not true.
Winner winner chicken dinner.

Did she appear to be drunk?

If that's so then there will surely be a history of this throughout her 4 years at her residency where the stress and workload would uncover those tendencies easily. That would be for the residency program to decide and, accordingly, make a decision.

Do you think she spoke like this to other doctors? I think not. She was insulting the driver horrendously.

Did she appear to be drunk?

She didn't appear drunk to me. She made statements such as "You don't know who the F you are messing with" and she insinuated she could assault the driver because she was a short girl who only weighed a 100 lbs, and that he should call 911 cause she would get away with it regardless.

Reactions: 4 users
She didn't appear drunk to me. She made statements such as "You don't know who the F you are messing with" and she insinuated she could assault the driver because she was a short girl who only weighed a 100 lbs, and that he should call 911 cause she would get away with it regardless.

I agree, not really drunk appearing.
Perhaps she was high on something.

That sounds like she was on something, don't you think? I tend to think she was slipped something, or had a paradoxical agitated reaction to alcohol.

At times like this I hate the media and I hate the internet. She is being publicly shamed on the the internet for a really bad moment. Racists on the internet are going to Vitals.com, which is a POS site designed to attack physicians with unaccountable and anonymous sources, and telling her to go buy curry. She will say sorry. Then the bullies and internet warriors will move on. People will say that she suffered enough. She will move on in life. I wish her the best.

I wonder how many complaints she's racked up at work.

Her friend made the video. He calls her ang. Posted to social media. Now its been posted for all.

I wonder how many complaints she's racked up at work.

Her friend made the video. He calls her ang. Posted to social media. Now its been posted for all.

If that person was indeed her friend... All I gotta say is she's got some ****ty ass friends. Then again ****ty people tend to have ****ty friends.

That sounds like she was on something, don't you think? I tend to think she was slipped something, or had a paradoxical agitated reaction to alcohol.

At times like this I hate the media and I hate the internet. She is being publicly shamed on the the internet for a really bad moment. Racists on the internet are going to Vitals.com, which is a POS site designed to attack physicians with unaccountable and anonymous sources, and telling her to go buy curry. She will say sorry. Then the bullies and internet warriors will move on. People will say that she suffered enough. She will move on in life. I wish her the best.

I didn't think about the paradoxical agitated reaction to alcohol but its definitely a possibility. Getting drugged is a possibility too but if you've seen the video, the way she walked off at the end was just so vindictive.

Is it better or worse for her if a drug/alcohol was involved?
BTW, her dad is a neurologist. His review sites have been taken down too. His past reviews labelled him "condescending, arrogant"

https://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/2501554/Dr-BRIDGLAL-RAMKISSOON-Sebring-FL.html
This man who calls himself a "Dr." is an embarrassment to the medical field! The Hippocratic Oath states we in the medical field should care about our patients. While I was with my Epileptic daughter for an initial consult, I was appalled by his lack of concern for her well-being and current health issues. I wouldn't take my DOG to see him! He was rude, condescending, arrogant, haughty, and just down-right hateful! Never again!
--
Staff not helpful at all. Dr. is very distant and unfriendly.

What is more believable, that she happened to be filmed during a one-time event during which she was slipped a drug she was unaware of (that made her all ragey, rather than knocking her out) or that she had a good buzz going along with a sense of entitlement and had a lapse in judgment and self control?

I mean, it's just common sense. How many people have you known that have gotten drunk and done things they've regretted over the years? Now how many have been given random drugs that sent them raging into the night?

Reactions: 2 users
She was walking well and not slurring. Do you really think she was on anything?
Her vitals site has been wiped clean too.

Seems she thought she was above everyone and social media brought her down to Earth with a rude awakening. Her father sounds like a terrible physician too. Note, those reviews were well before this incident

Does yours?

I wouldn't tell them, I would deactivate if they brought it up because I don't need the hassle...any employer feeling the need to troll through an anonymous forum is the type that doesn't particularly value freedom of expression

(I'd also start looking for another job because that wouldn't be my preferred employment any more)

All I know is that I vented about a pharmacist on sdn, no names, nothing, and I got in trouble for it.

I'm not sure where you are coming from. The thread I posted had nothing to do with an employer.

The pharmacy posters on here complained.

haha, I'm sorry for the confusion...I thought you were saying you got in "actual" trouble in real life for a post about a pharmacist. You meant SDN internet trouble... feel free to disregard my question then

She made a mistake. A terrible one. But losing her career over it is a bit too much.

I'm sure she never thought she would do something like that but she did. So don't judge too much! It can happen to any of us!

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.