Michigan State c/o 2018 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When was the last time someone called them and asked?

Also, I found out like six or seven people from MSU got in two weeks ago.

Members don't see this ad.

I called on Jan 23 and they said by the end of the next week which would be this week

Fingers crossed for you guys! :D

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I called a week before you and was told we would hear by last Friday. Not trying to be a Debbie downer but I'm not getting my hopes up for hearing today! I've heard multiple things around campus from other applicants and nothing matches up. I also heard there was a technical problem with their computer system which set them back. Who knows. I hate the waiting game!

Well... I just called and was told that the next round of acceptances will go out next Friday. Anyone else noticing a trend?

That's what they told me when I just called too.. this is getting annoying

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah it really sucks, but nothing we can do. When we finally hear the good news we can just celebrate even more to make up for all the waiting! ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Idk if I'm relieved or disappointed that this board was quiet today...

Idk if I'm relieved or disappointed that this board was quiet today...

Same. Each time I see that people posted in this thread I get a little nervous since I haven't heard anything yet.

I live at Timberlake apartments it is very nice and quiet they dont have any breed restrictions on dogs either. Apartment is located in east lansing about 5 minutes from school.

So if they actually send out more acceptances this week, will it be their last batch? Or you think they'll still send out more? Meh. I wish Michigan sent out at least some rejections before March. I feel like I'm waiting a long time just for bad news.

Members don't see this ad :)
This won't be the last batch they'll be sending them out till March.

I wonder if waitlist notifications go out in March as well.

That's what they said when I emailed them

so... who thinks the next batch will go out next friday? :laugh:

I'm really hoping we start to hear really soon! I know of more people waiting to hear than I know people who already got in. Makes me think a lot of spots are left. Either that or me and my group of like 20 pre-vet friends are inadequate. Lol

I guess I just REALLY want to know why they withhold rejection letters. I hate to be negative, but I am expecting one and would like to start planning my next year! But on the other hand, one of my bosses at work said her son didn't get his acceptance UNTIL March and was expecting to be rejected as well...

Be positive! Don't just assume you won't get in.

Be positive! Don't just assume you won't get in.
I'm trying! After my last two rejections (I thought I was a great fit for the school), I'm just a downer now :angelic:

I have a feeling we actually might know each other (whether it be through passing in various pre-vet activities or through classes). :laugh:

I just called the admissions office for kicks. I was told that "the next round of offers will hopefully go out tomorrow." When I asked about rejections, I was told they won't go out for another week (???). So I said, "oh so they're going out earlier this year?" And was told "maybe." Lol. So who knows

Reactions: 6 users
I'm trying! After my last two rejections (I thought I was a great fit for the school), I'm just a downer now :angelic:

I have a feeling we actually might know each other (whether it be through passing in various pre-vet activities or through classes). :laugh:

Yeah, maybe! I am an animal science major at MSU. I was in the pre-vet club for 2.5 years but then I stopped going to meetings because I was working like three jobs at once!

I'm a first year here, and I live at Nemoke Trails in Haslett. It's really nice and quiet. Mostly families and grad students live here, plus there are miles of trails right behind the complex...it's super nice if you're bringing a dog with you. I also have some friends in Berrytree, which is within walking distance to campus. Houses are a little harder to come by, and you have to be careful about the area you're living in, but there are definitely still options available. There's a lot still out there! Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.
I wanted to ask you and any other current vet students out there if this lack of organization and miscommunication from the administration that we are experiencing with the admission process is reflective of your experiences with them while attending? I guess this repeatedly changing their answer and timeline with notifications is just frustrating but I'm starting to think that my experiences will be similar if I do get in and attend MSU. What impression have current students gotten from administration and faculty at MSU? Thanks!

I'm in!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

I'm still shaking. I can't believe it!

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 10 users
I wanted to ask you and any other current vet students out there if this lack of organization and miscommunication from the administration that we are experiencing with the admission process is reflective of your experiences with them while attending? I guess this repeatedly changing their answer and timeline with notifications is just frustrating but I'm starting to think that my experiences will be similar if I do get in and attend MSU. What impression have current students gotten from administration and faculty at MSU? Thanks!
No problems with organization at MSU. Faculty and staff are great and very willing to make time for students.
You guys just need to be patient. Keep in mind that MSU uses rolling admissions, and they might just be waiting to hear back from some acceptees before sending out the next round.

Hopefully the e-mails are going out all day!

Reactions: 5 users

To echo what's been said, no, the administration is great here. I experienced a lot of the same admissions delays you guys are having as well. I know it's hard, but do your best to be patient. They're working on it!

I'm surprised letters went out today, what with the presidential visit. PLEAAAASE SEND MORE :nod:

You would think. I don't know anyone else who heard. It's weird how such few ppl on here get responses at a time

To echo what's been said, no, the administration is great here. I experienced a lot of the same admissions delays you guys are having as well. I know it's hard, but do your best to be patient. They're working on it!
I disagree, a little bit...maybe it is more apparent when you get to clinics, but I feel as though the MSU administration is not super accommodating of students and communicates VERY poorly (for example, the university closed due to inclement weather at the beginning of this month, and not once did the clinical students receive an email stating what our responsibilities were (do we have patient responsibilities, what if i'm on-call, etc)...not even after the university decided, on the second day, to remain closed at 10:45 AM, after originally stating we were to report at noon. None of the moderators of our rotations were notified, either so it was a big cluster****.
Just my 2 cents worth.

hey everyone…first time posting here but I'm a long time lurker. hopefully we hear more today, does anyone know if rejections will go out earlier than march? i study zoology at msu currently but was accepted to another school already, I'm super frustrated because this would be my in-state school, I've heard from all my schools except msu….ugh :/

Zero of my MSU friends have heard anything as of yet. I haven't heard from MSU either. It's getting ridiculous.

Yea I agree... it's driving me crazy

Let's let two people in every other Friday and make all of these pre-vet kids learn what stress really feels like. Maybe they are doing it to prepare us for the stress we will undergo in vet school. Lol

Reactions: 3 users
I disagree, a little bit...maybe it is more apparent when you get to clinics, but I feel as though the MSU administration is not super accommodating of students and communicates VERY poorly (for example, the university closed due to inclement weather at the beginning of this month, and not once did the clinical students receive an email stating what our responsibilities were (do we have patient responsibilities, what if i'm on-call, etc)...not even after the university decided, on the second day, to remain closed at 10:45 AM, after originally stating we were to report at noon. None of the moderators of our rotations were notified, either so it was a big cluster****.
Just my 2 cents worth.

No one anywhere knew what was going on those two days haha.

Zero of my MSU friends have heard anything as of yet. I haven't heard from MSU either. It's getting ridiculous.
Well, if rejections go out next week, we might start seeing more posts on this thread.

I will post my stats tomorrow; today has been a crazy day.

Don't give up hope! There is still plenty if time between now and March.

Hi all! I'm a long-time lurker, first time poster, but I got my acceptance to MSU today!! Just wanted to let you all know, since it seems like not very many people heard anything today. I'm still waiting on two more schools, so I know how you feel!

FYI-MSU friend of mine did get accepted yesterday. Perhaps there are less people on SDN waiting to hear from MSU this late in the game

Well the waiting game continues for me...

For those of you that are doubting the administration over here at MSU, fear not. They are a wonderful bunch of people and really will bend over backwards for students. I was in a bad car accident the day before the semester started. I had to take off the first week of school as a result. The administration and professors were nothing but understanding and accommodating. I now have special test taking accommodations due to a traumatic brain injury and the administration set up rooms and proctors for me within an hour of being notified. The assistant dean checks in on me to make sure I'm healing well and handling school okay. They have given me numerous alternatives to dealing with school- ie taking time off, recycling, exam extensions, etc. They have been super friendly during the entire process. I knew I made the right decision to attend MSU, and this period of trial and tribulation has really confirmed that belief. The MSU CVM is definitely a family community, willing to help those in need.

Reactions: 7 users
For those of you that are doubting the administration over here at MSU, fear not. They are a wonderful bunch of people and really will bend over backwards for students. I was in a bad car accident the day before the semester started. I had to take off the first week of school as a result. The administration and professors were nothing but understanding and accommodating. I now have special test taking accommodations due to a traumatic brain injury and the administration set up rooms and proctors for me within an hour of being notified. The assistant dean checks in on me to make sure I'm healing well and handling school okay. They have given me numerous alternatives to dealing with school- ie taking time off, recycling, exam extensions, etc. They have been super friendly during the entire process. I knew I made the right decision to attend MSU, and this period of trial and tribulation has really confirmed that belief. The MSU CVM is definitely a family community, willing to help those in need.

Props to you for going through vet school with more challenges than most of us will ever face! Keep it up!

I think we're all just getting a little stir crazy waiting to hear from all the schools we applied to. It's been such a long process, almost a year. I know I'm getting impatient, agonizing over worst possible case scenarios, feeling impending doom. We just have to hold on a little longer, it's almost over!

Here are my stats:

SIS: ~890 before supplemental
Sci GPA: 3.8
Last 45 GPA: 3.75
Cum GPA: 3.85

Experiences: Raised a Leader Dog puppy, pre-vet science program in high school (included equine and large animal), president of Health Professions group, ~2000 hours small animal clinics at time of app, 300 hours zookeeper intern, study abroad, some hours in a non-profit rescue, participated in a few student clubs, 4 years varsity soccer in high school.

There is still time, though! :)