Michigan State c/o 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They just sent letters!!!! I'm in! Sooo happy : D hope you guys hear good news too!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
HOLY ****!!!! I GOT IN!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the email! Christmas is here!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey fellow classmates! I'm in too!!

Reactions: 5 users
I'm in as well! Congratulations everyone! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Would the people who got accepted be willing to share their stats? Congratulations again everyone :)

SO great! They did a lot of acceptances from our round it seems! I know they said it'd be less than 10%, which was why I was so shocked to hear.

I know there were a lot of IS people on our day, and I think they basically have a 70% chance (70 selected out of 100 interviewed). But for OOS, it sounded like they are taking about 35 out of 232 which would be about 15%. If I figured that right! LOL I was shocked and elated to get the email!! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yay new colleagues! Congrats to everyone that got in so far! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Would the people who got accepted be willing to share their stats? Congratulations again everyone :)

Sure:
GPA :
3.7 science
3.8 last 45
159 Q/157 V/5.5 A
Experience: 2000 small animal, 500 internship at the aquarium, and 400 research with parrots

Yay new colleagues! Congrats to everyone that got in so far! :)
Thanks Félix! Being an OOSer, can you clarify the loan amount we can take out for living expenses? I though that Chris at the financial aid presentation had said it was around $2000 per month, but as I looked at the sample budget, it seems like they allow less than this. Thanks so much!

Thanks!
Overall GPA: 3.78, Science GPA: 3.97, Last 45: 3.98
GRE: 165 V, 159 Q, 5.5 A
A ton of equine hours, some small animal, lab animal, shelter medicine, and swine. Lots of research hours. Wildlife rehabilitation.

Thanks Félix! Being an OOSer, can you clarify the loan amount we can take out for living expenses? I though that Chris at the financial aid presentation had said it was around $2000 per month, but as I looked at the sample budget, it seems like they allow less than this. Thanks so much!
No that sounds about right. He probably hasn't updated his numbers on that presentation.

No that sounds about right. He probably hasn't updated his numbers on that presentation.
Thanks! What about the summers we are off? Is there a cost of living allowed for these months? Sorry, I'm just trying to figure out a budget!! :)

Hi All! Was wondering when the last time anyone received an email for an interview. I am OOS. It was around this time last year that I heard. And am expected to interview again because I will have 2 master's degrees on my application (One from Tufts Vet School) and I know that was the major factor that kept me out last year, was not mentioning my first master's degree in my personal statement. I am just surprised I have not heard yet.

Thanks! What about the summers we are off? Is there a cost of living allowed for these months? Sorry, I'm just trying to figure out a budget!! :)
Nothing for summers that I know of. Although there are plenty of research and work opportunities that can get you through the summer months.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi All! Was wondering when the last time anyone received an email for an interview. I am OOS. It was around this time last year that I heard. And am expected to interview again because I will have 2 master's degrees on my application (One from Tufts Vet School) and I know that was the major factor that kept me out last year, was not mentioning my first master's degree in my personal statement. I am just surprised I have not heard yet.
Last I heard the next round will be going out in early January, so I wouldn't give up hope yet. Many of the IS went to first 2 days, so they other days will be dedicated to OOS.

Last I heard the next round will be going out in early January, so I wouldn't give up hope yet. Many of the IS went to first 2 days, so they other days will be dedicated to OOS.
I can second that--during our debrief at our interview my group got to asking a lot of questions. The December and January date are for IS (with a few OOS tossed in that were available), the last two interview dates will be mostly OOS interviews. Their hope was to get acceptances out early to the IS people who then wont accept to go to OOS schools, and vice versa that the OOS students who get accepted to their IS schools will be weeded out. So if you are OOS I don't think you have anything to worry about if you haven't heard about interviews. I'm sure SDN will light up when the next round goes out.

The December and January date are for IS (with a few OOS tossed in that were available), the last two interview dates will be mostly OOS interviews.

What are those last two dates? Last year I was also OOS and was notificed 12/12 and interviewed 2/14.

Their hope was to get acceptances out early to the IS people who then wont accept to go to OOS schools,

Are there that many that would go OOS? I mean tuition is just sky high to do that and MSU is such an awesome school!

Have my interview Jan 8. Was wondering what people felt was the most efficient way of traveling to the school?

Have my interview Jan 8. Was wondering what people felt was the most efficient way of traveling to the school?
Last year when I interviewed I took a cab and I felt it was the best method of getting there since you don't have to worry about parking or anything. I'll be driving to the same place as you guys that day since I'll be helping out with interview day stuff and I'm down to give any of you rides if you're staying in EL.

Last year when I interviewed I took a cab and I felt it was the best method of getting there since you don't have to worry about parking or anything. I'll be driving to the same place as you guys that day since I'll be helping out with interview day stuff and I'm down to give any of you rides if you're staying in EL.
I guess I should have been more clear but what I meant was how best to get to East Lansing if I am flying in from out of state. I originally intended to drive from NY but decided to just fly there instead. Once I'm there though I could definitely use the ride.

I guess I should have been more clear but what I meant was how best to get to East Lansing if I am flying in from out of state. I originally intended to drive from NY but decided to just fly there instead. Once I'm there though I could definitely use the ride.
Fly to Detroit and take the Michigan Flyer (bus) to EL. There, take an uber/cab to your hotel or walk if it's close to downtown EL. You can fly directly into Lansing, but tickets are usually two to three times more expensive to that airport so it's worth it to just take the flyer from Detroit.

I went with the January 8 because I have exams the week of the 14th and none of the other schools I applied to appear to have interviews that early in January. I also could use the extra time to prepare! The MMI format makes me incredibly nervous. :nailbiting:
I chose Jan 8th too! Which group are you in??

Me too! I'm in the PM group. Anyone else??

Good luck everyone interviewing this Friday! I am flying in tomorrow from California and was wondering if anyone who is from the area had any restaurant/bar suggestions to check out while I am in town? Thank you thank you and I look forward to meeting some of you :)

Good luck everyone interviewing this Friday! I am flying in tomorrow from California and was wondering if anyone who is from the area had any restaurant/bar suggestions to check out while I am in town? Thank you thank you and I look forward to meeting some of you :)

Just wanted to say Go Ags! Good luck! I interviewed in December!

You should definitely check out HopCat!

Reactions: 3 users
Peanut barrel is pretty amazing. They are known for their Long Islands, but the food is pretty phenomenal too!

Crunchy's, HopCat, and Peanut Barrel are good...but if you are getting breakfast you have to try Golden Harvest (it's in Lansing actually and is cash only with long lines typically, but it's really unique and awesome!)

Does anyone know how much of the tour tomorrow will be outside?

Crunchy's, HopCat, and Peanut Barrel are good...but if you are getting breakfast you have to try Golden Harvest (it's in Lansing actually and is cash only with long lines typically, but it's really unique and awesome!)
I don't know how I forgot to mention this! There is nothing like it

On my way to airport now. First American school interview. So pumped!

Are there anymore interview dates for MSU? Or should you have heard by now if you got offered one.

Are there anymore interview dates for MSU? Or should you have heard by now if you got offered one.

I had thought there was to be another interview date upcoming in February.

At the first interview day they told us that the first two weekends were primarily IS, and that all IS interviews would be done after this weekend. Then after that, they would invite the remainder of the OOS students for interviews in February.

Well, it's all out of my hands now.
Interviews weren't so bad. It was fairly fun.

Yay! Good Job Finnick! Did they tell you when they were expecting to get the rest on the acceptances out in the debrief?

I know they stated IS should have all offers by the first week of Feb. and OSS the first week in March

I know they stated IS should have all offers by the first week of Feb. and OSS the first week in March
Aww they told the December interviews hopefully by the end of January for IS. Sound like maybe they are pushing it back?