Michigan State University CHM c/o 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Joriel

Always Lurking
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello! Finally! A CHM-er! Thanks for starting a thread, we don't seem to have much representation out there surfing the SDN. Halllooooooo? Anyone else out there? :)

I just went through the whole housing search here in East Lansing, and settled on Club Meridian Apts in Okemos (only 3 miles from school). I moved in a couple of weeks ago and am very happy with my choice so far. It's clean, quiet, seems very safe, and it has a *washer and dryer*! May I never have to go to a laundromat again :). In general, some of the resources I found to be useful for apt searching were rentnet.com or (even moreso) the free magazine called Golden Guide to Apartments (you can pick it up at Meijer, Kroger, etc if you're already in the area). It has area maps, costs, square footage, what amenities are included, etc. Also, feel free to ask me any questions, I'll do my best to help out.

See you in August!

Joriel said:
Hey all-
I haven't seen an MSU-CHM thread around here so I thought I'd start one. Congrats to all those folks who will be joining us in East Lansing in August! Good luck to you folks on the waiting list.

So, I've seen the housing/match list online but doees anyone have any suggestions/information about housing in the area? I'm still looking for a roommate/apt/rental and any info or pictures about places you guys have checked out would be awesome.

Cheers.

Actually, I just realized that you got the Golden Guide to Apartments was sent in the first entering class packet, so you should have one -- very helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a fellow CHMer 3rd year on Ped's. Just received Step I score of 239. Weeee. Good luck to all and enjoy EL as much as possible.

msumed

msumed said:
I am a fellow CHMer 3rd year on Ped's. Just received Step I score of 239. Weeee. Good luck to all and enjoy EL as much as possible.

msumed

CONGRATS!! Best of luck to you as well!

Hey--first of all, congrats on your admission--CHM is a great school and I'm entirely glad I came here.

On the housing front, I entirely agree with the other post about Club Meridian Apartments--I'm a second year CHM student and I've lived at "Club Med" for a year and have just signed for a second. The apartments are great and the neighborhood is quiet (probably not the best choice for folks who are looking for more of a party atmosphere).

Other than that, a number of my classmates chose to live in other apartment complexes close to the school (i.e. Berrytree, Hunt Club, Knob Hill etc.). It's definitely good to be close to the school as most of our tests (and I assume yours) were at 730am almost every Monday for first semester, then more often second semester...so it's good to have a short commute.

As far as finding a roommate, a good resource is the Office of Student Affairs and Services. They may be able to put you in contact with other incoming first years who are looking for roommates, or they can set you up with the M1 listserv address (I'd post it here but then you'd get spammed like crazy...). You can contact the OSAS at 517-353-7140 and I've found them to be very helpful over the course of my first year.

Hope this helps and enjoy your move to East Lansing...

Hey Yall,

I am driving out to EL from San Diego CA the 13th. What a road trip! Anyhow, I am so stoked to start and meet all of the students! Just getting ready to enjoy a little festivities in Pacific Beach tonight. Gonna miss that.... But, I want to have some fun before we have to buckle down and study.

I am living in the campus COOP's for next year. They are very affordable and last I heard they have a couple of rooms. You can search them on msu.edu unde "COOP". It would be cool to find out if we could do a medical cooperative... Humm....

Take care everyone!
-se

sepaul said:
Hey Yall,

I am driving out to EL from San Diego CA the 13th. What a road trip! Anyhow, I am so stoked to start and meet all of the students! Just getting ready to enjoy a little festivities in Pacific Beach tonight. Gonna miss that.... But, I want to have some fun before we have to buckle down and study.

I am living in the campus COOP's for next year. They are very affordable and last I heard they have a couple of rooms. You can search them on msu.edu unde "COOP". It would be cool to find out if we could do a medical cooperative... Humm....

Take care everyone!
-se

Have a great and safe trip across country! I've made that trip from Newport Beach to Michigan - it's a long one, but it's such a gorgeous drive (at least until you get east of Denver - ha! No offense to anyone who lives in the central states!).

See you in a week - wow time is flying.

What kind of computer are you all taking? PC or Mac? I heard someplace that we'll have to use some kind of computer program to turn in our assignments - is this true? I'm wondering if the program is more compatible w/ PCs or Macs.