Michigan State University (MSUCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guys Stay optimistic, you never know who's gonna drop. Second remember 5- 10 people are given guaranteed acceptance to next years class. I'm pulling for all y'all on here

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Don't give up hope!! I personally know 2 classmates that were accepted days before classes started!!! I will keep my fingers crossed for all you Waitlist Warriors out there :) :xf:

Also if you don't make it off the list this year there's still a chance you can get an offer for next years entering class also there is a high acceptance rate for re-applicants that were waitlisted at MSUCOM. So if this is where you want to be, be sure to make a meeting with adcoms and re-apply!!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey all so don't lose hope yet. Just got a call today that I was pulled from the wait list. They were headed to a staff meeting and will have more info for me around 330. But this means that can still pull people this late in the game.

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody hear anything back about the guaranteed acceptance for next year?

Hey guys, I will be removing myself from the waitlist on Monday, I know there hasn't been much movement according to the thread. For some people it won't matter, for others it will bump them up the waitlist by a spot. (Unless I'm at the damn very bottom spot, in which case this post was useless.)

Hopefully it helps at all. I have decided to accept my seat in the ABLE program and take a year to do that instead through CHM.

In other news, I was also Waitlisted at Wayne. Most years they see large movement. Do you know how many were accepted from it? THEY PULLED 8 STUDENTS ONLY! From both OOS and IS waitlists. It was crazy.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, I will be removing myself from the waitlist on Monday, I know there hasn't been much movement according to the thread. For some people it won't matter, for others it will bump them up the waitlist by a spot. (Unless I'm at the damn very bottom spot, in which case this post was useless.)

Hopefully it helps at all. I have decided to accept my seat in the ABLE program and take a year to do that instead through CHM.

In other news, I was also Waitlisted at Wayne. Most years they see large movement. Do you know how many were accepted from it? THEY PULLED 8 STUDENTS ONLY! From both OOS and IS waitlists. It was crazy.
I think the slow wait list movement at all schools is solely due to the fact that this year had a large increase in applicants because of the new MCAT format change

Reactions: 1 users
I think the slow wait list movement at all schools is solely due to the fact that this year had a large increase in applicants because of the new MCAT format change

That is actually something I had not considered whatsoever. That's a very good hypothesis. I know a ton of students took it early in January and the seats filled up in under 15 minutes across the country. I believe that's what my pre-med advisor said anyway.

I'm also gonna throw in that med school is just getting more competitive. Almost everyone I know who applied last year (their graduation year) didn't get in. I'm not sure if others took gap years on purpose (doubt it) but a lot more have alerted of their acceptances through Facebook.

So today is supposedly the last day for wait list acceptances. Anyone hear anything back in regards to rejections, acceptances, deferred acceptances, etc???

I remember on the tour they said they do meet today, I don't know if you guys were here today or tomorrow. Good luck to everybody though!

So is that all? I didn't get any emails, ready to send in my apt deposit for another school...

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an email this morning (reapply 2016). Best of luck to everyone, wherever it may be. And thank you for all of the genuine advice and help the many of you have been willing to share on this thread, it's greatly appreciated. It's been a journey :)

Did anyone get the guaranteed acceptance for class of 2020?

Got the rejection email this morning unfortunately. Go Blue!

Got the rejection email this morning unfortunately. Go Blue!

What did the email say? Anything about applying next year or guaranteed admission?

I thought somebody said they were giving out automatic acceptance to certain people for next year.

What did the email say? Anything about applying next year or guaranteed admission?

I thought somebody said they were giving out automatic acceptance to certain people for next year.

The email came at 7:50AM...

As MSUCOM’s 2015 application cycle comes to a close, we regret that you were among those on our waitlist who were not able to be admitted this year. However, making the waitlist is in itself an accomplishment, and it tells us that there is very little that you would need to enhance to be fully competitive next year.

We encourage you to meet with us soon to identify areas which you could bolster, and we urge to reapply for the 2016 entering class.

This is a sincere offer. We value your achievements, and we are committed to the success of our students and applicants. Pleaseschedule an advising appointment, if interested in discussing our next application cycle.

Thank you and best wishes,

Katherine M. Ruger
Director of Admissions

The email came at 7:50AM...

As MSUCOM’s 2015 application cycle comes to a close, we regret that you were among those on our waitlist who were not able to be admitted this year. However, making the waitlist is in itself an accomplishment, and it tells us that there is very little that you would need to enhance to be fully competitive next year.

We encourage you to meet with us soon to identify areas which you could bolster, and we urge to reapply for the 2016 entering class.

This is a sincere offer. We value your achievements, and we are committed to the success of our students and applicants. Pleaseschedule an advising appointment, if interested in discussing our next application cycle.

Thank you and best wishes,

Katherine M. Ruger
Director of Admissions

Thank you

Have any of those update emails been sent out recently? I'm curious what the averages are looking like for this year's class.

I have a house in east lansing about a mile from the medical school. Looking for 1-2 roommates for the summer and/or fall semester. PM me for more details.

Thanks and good luck to everyone!
Throw that info in fb group

I believe it was business casual (khakis & polo/dress shirt for guys), but not 100% sure! Does it not say anywhere on your orientation stuff?
Yeah, it said that on the orientation schedule I think. I'm going to wear a skirt and blouse.

Does this school interview? I heard that they dont but I also hear that they do...

Does this school interview? I heard that they dont but I also hear that they do...

They are going to be interviewing this upcoming cycle. They started with some interviews this past cycle.

I got the phone call earlier today.... ACCEPTED!!!! :D Interviewed 10/08/2015.

Where's this Facebook Group page I hear people speaking of?

Hey everyone! Congrats to the first years...hope it's going well! I have a question for the DMC students. I was recently accepted and chose the DMC site because it is close to my boyfriend's work and it's financially best if we live together. I've been in EL for the past four years and I'm still adjusting to metro Detroit and a little nervous leaving the campus I'm familiar with. Does anyone from DMC have complaints of DMC? Do you enjoy it? Are there any negatives or positives about choosing DMC? Thanks for the help! :)