Michigan State University (MSUCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where did you hear about this?!
On your admissions offer tab one of the things you can click is "tours"!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
does anybody know how many stations there are for the MMI?

Hey so for those of you who are accepted, I can't wait to meet many of you in class :)! Congratulations to all of you. WE MADE IT :D! It definitely is a dream come true. For those still waiting, best of luck and stay positive in these hard times. It will all be worth it in the end! Now, I was just wondering how you guys filled out the Graduate Professional Application Tab under the admissions offer tab? There's a section to fill out under "List all activities" and I wasn't sure whether to repeat many of the things I've mentioned in my primary/secondary? Any ideas?

does anybody know how many stations there are for the MMI?

I'm not really sure if we're allowed to say that info bc of the confidentiality agreement :/ but I wouldn't be worried about the number of stations...you'll be fine

Reactions: 1 users
Hey so for those of you who are accepted, I can't wait to meet many of you in class :)! Congratulations to all of you. WE MADE IT :D! It definitely is a dream come true. For those still waiting, best of luck and stay positive in these hard times. It will all be worth it in the end! Now, I was just wondering how you guys filled out the Graduate Professional Application Tab under the admissions offer tab? There's a section to fill out under "List all activities" and I wasn't sure whether to repeat many of the things I've mentioned in my primary/secondary? Any ideas?
haven't filled any of it out yet but I was just going to list employment and maybe some places I volunteered for...not sure how they're going to use the information (i.e. scholarships, etc.) so maybe email them to double check?

haven't filled any of it out yet but I was just going to list employment and maybe some places I volunteered for...not sure how they're going to use the information (i.e. scholarships, etc.) so maybe email them to double check?

Thanks for the input. Ya I think I'm going to give them a call sometime soon.

I was confused by this as well. It says enter employment not listed "above" but I have no idea what "above" they are referring to? LOL
Thanks for the input. Ya I think I'm going to give them a call sometime soon.

For those of you with II's, how long did it take to hear back from when you submitted your secondaries?

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly you should only send one if you want to or feel it is the polite thing to do. As many people who were recently got accepted did not send thank you's, it likely has no impact on your admission decision at all.

After my interview day, I was compelled to reach out and thank some of the people that made a significant impact on my experience, so I found the appropriate contact information on the MSUCOM website.

Not trying to be rude or preachy, just trying to get across that it is totally up to you who to contact or if to contact them at all after you interview.

yeah i completely understand. i want to send thank you's - I was just asking who you send it to (i.e. people you interviewed with or the admissions office, or? )

II! The email says October 18 and 21 are the available dates, but when I go to schedule I also see September 29 looks available. Thoughts on this? Follow email or go with the calendar?

II! The email says October 18 and 21 are the available dates, but when I go to schedule I also see September 29 looks available. Thoughts on this? Follow email or go with the calendar?
I say follow the email.

That's for MSU's grad student profile not the College of Osteopathic Medicine. Just put your basic work/volunteer/whatever else info. It is not for scholarships.
I was confused by this as well. It says enter employment not listed "above" but I have no idea what "above" they are referring to? LOL

Sent from my A1-840FHD using SDN mobile

Hi all. I've been completed since 7/25. My stats are on the lower end (I'm an underdawg). I'm nervous that I may not be getting an II. :( Trying to keep up hope though!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi all. I've been completed since 7/25. My stats are on the lower end (I'm an underdawg). I'm nervous that I may not be getting an II. :( Trying to keep up hope though!

Keep your head up! I am aggressively an underdog and received my acceptance a week ago :)

Reactions: 2 users
Tier 2 waitlisted in 08/19 interview group. MCAT 513, GPA 3.69, sGPA 3.6. Advising appt scheduled for more information. Anyone happen to know more about the tier system? I felt good about the interview, but I must be missing something!!

Tier 2 waitlisted in 08/19 interview group. MCAT 513, GPA 3.69, sGPA 3.6. Advising appt scheduled for more information. Anyone happen to know more about the tier system? I felt good about the interview, but I must be missing something!!
After stalking last year's thread, it seems like tier two had ~50% chance of getting off by the time school starts.

I think its good that you're going to meet with an advisor. When the adcoms meet to decide (from what ive been told) they look at your whole application, so you never know what it could be...

Either way, you have solid stats and this school has a ton of WL movement, so im sure theres a chance you'll get in somewhere regardless!

Does anybody know if applicants who are complete early on can be reviewed/offered II later in the cycle? Or is it usually chronological?

The neuroticism is definitely getting to me lol currently looking through old thread for people getting IIs several months after completion

Also recently updated my app with new grades and will have some new shadowing and volunteering to add relatively soon. I emailed to inform them about my new grades but didn't get a response. Is this something that would be worthy of a call? Or should I just assume they've seen it and updated my app. I assume they're very busy right now and don't wanna pester with my neuroticism lol

Thank you in advanced for any advice y'all may be able to offer :)

Does anybody know if applicants who are complete early on can be reviewed/offered II later in the cycle? Or is it usually chronological?

The neuroticism is definitely getting to me lol currently looking through old thread for people getting IIs several months after completion

Also recently updated my app with new grades and will have some new shadowing and volunteering to add relatively soon. I emailed to inform them about my new grades but didn't get a response. Is this something that would be worthy of a call? Or should I just assume they've seen it and updated my app. I assume they're very busy right now and don't wanna pester with my neuroticism lol

I believe they can be reviewed or offered an II at anytime yes. If you uploaded it then it is available to them. It might be a good place to right an update letter about your new grades and activities and put it in your portal

@DrPatriot could better describe what is good for the computerized testing (I was in the last year with paper everything) but as far as I know, anything is fine.

Sent from my SM-G900T using SDN mobile
In my class we have a couple people using various PC models, a lot of Mac and iPad users and a good number of people (me too) using the Surface

I did the same thing lol. I counted at least 4 people who were complete in July and got an II in November or late October. I'm not very optimistic about it, but at least it's possible.

I believe they can be reviewed or offered an II at anytime yes. If you uploaded it then it is available to them. It might be a good place to right an update letter about your new grades and activities and put it in your portal

I did the same thing lol. I counted at least 4 people who were complete in July and got an II in November or late October. I'm not very optimistic about it, but at least it's possible.

Thanks for the replies guys, hopefully I can stay optimistic a little while longer now :)

And will do about the update letter in the portal idea! I'll just wait a week or two more so I can make it a more significant update

Is there a place to check in luggage during interview?

Just in case anyone has any luggage to check in, you can leave it in the office but it's safety is not guaranteed.

Secondary complete on 8/24 and just waiting for an II! OOS, MCAT 512, cGPA 3.43, sGPA 3.44 and a collegiate athlete for all 4 years of undergrad.

Anybody know the average MCAT/GPA of the most recent entering class?

Anybody else's heart drop when they got the email from MSUCOM admissions about the see the sites i was seconds away from jumping with joy and whack sat back down

Reactions: 11 users
That email didn't even link to anything besides the admissions site lol. There was no "invitation"!

Anybody else's heart drop when they got the email from MSUCOM admissions about the see the sites i was seconds away from jumping with joy and whack sat back down

What an emotional rollercoaster: "invitation" is not a word that schools should casually be using in emails this time of year.

Reactions: 4 users
That email didn't even link to anything besides the admissions site lol. There was no "invitation"!

I found that odd too lol! Apparently there's no registration though right? So we'd just show up?

What an emotional rollercoaster: "invitation" is not a word that schools should casually be using in emails this time of year.

Hahahaha those were my exact thoughts, i texted my girlfriend saying i got an email from MSUCOM admissions for a see the sight invitation. And she just read "invitation" and "MSUCOM admissions" and got super excited as well lol

I found that odd too lol! Apparently there's no registration though right? So we'd just show up?

Hahahaha those were my exact thoughts, i texted my girlfriend saying i got an email from MSUCOM admissions for a see the sight invitation. And she just read "invitation" and "MSUCOM admissions" and got super excited as well lol

Ugh I had the same emotional roller coaster. I haven't heard from this school in a while. I emailed about a month ago and they told me my app was still in review. So heart broken =( lol.

how many days was it from II to acceptance for you?
Well, I was the first acceptance call they made for the class of 2021. Sorry I just think that's cool to say :)

Anyway, it was 2 weeks and 4 days. I interviewed the 19 of August and admitted the 6 of Sept.