Microbiology Help.(for boards)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uNiq1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I took micro a long time ago and I went to class/took notes when most of my fellow classmates had already stopped. Our lectures weren't very well taught and I don't remember much, if at all. I hung on mainly because I was always a lecture person and it took a while for me to let go.

What I would like to ask of you all is what is a good way to re-learn micro?
My level of understanding = I can recognize the names of bacteria and viruses and remember a few things here and there but I always feel that micro is my weakest subject. No idea about the protozoa/parasites.

Anyway I have access to Kaplan HY lectures (the new stuff) and also to the 2010 Kaplan lectures.
My friend said she'd let me borrow the "MICROCARDs" if I need them.

About me: I'm thorough in what I learn and try to get almost 100% of the source I'm using (sorta compulsive in a sense). I feel the 2010 kaplan videos may be too long for me to review because it is very long and detailed.

Does anyone know a good review product that will cover me for the boards in terms of both learning the bugs and understanding the disease process they create (i.e. not just memorizing Staph Aureus's virulence factors but really understanding how it causes the clinical picture it does)

I'm open to anything.

Edit: I also have FA general principles and CMMRS however I don't know when I'll have time for any of it. I need to find one source to focus on.

As always thanks for reading and I appreciate your advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Nvm didnt read the whole post

Anyone?

Last edited: