Technology Microsoft Office

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Direct Laryngoscopy

Account on Hold
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just burned a copy of microft office on my desktop. It stated I have 50 times to register. If I don't register (for obvious reasons) it, what will happen?

Members don't see this ad.

You will no longer be able to use the software. You must activate the software by registering it in order to use it more than 50 times.

By burned, I hope you mean that you installed it and not pirated it. Pirating software is wrong (and illegal).

Microsoft has been very, very aggressive lately prosecuting software pirates. They have even went after individuals who have installed one or two copies of pirated software onto their computer. Many people think they only go after those that are distributing. Not so. Microsoft has taken a stance similar to the recording industry about going after software pirates.

Members don't see this ad :)
Microsoft Office Corporate serial is the key! :D

(use google)

torrents and newsgroups are your friends in these matters!!

dpoke1 said:
I guess I pirated it. My cousin gave me copy of his (purchased) original cd. If you had multiple systems, you would have to purchase multiple microsoft offices? :confused:
Yes, with one exception. You are allowed to install an additional copy onto a portable computer (i.e., laptop or tablet pc), but you cannot run both the desktop software and portable software simultaneously.

To install it on multiple desktops (including desktops which you do not own), you are required to buy additional licenses.

for some funy reason mine stoped telling me I needed to register them when I did the sp2 update.