Mid-sophomore checkpoint, are my ECs ok?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aegistitan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Go Caribbean and apply broadly

Werunthis suggests:
-Ross
-St. George's

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Questions:
1. How do my ECs look, am I missing anything significant? I have attempted to establish longevity; many of the activities I will have done for 2+ years before applying. I would say what I am missing most is leadership, but to offset that the following leadership positions I have: directing undergraduate move in, training volunteers in the hospital patient transport division.
It looks fine and you will build leadership as you become a junior.
2. There is a large disparity between the volunteering I do during the school year and during the summers because I don't live where I go to school, should I try to maintain activities during the breaks? For example, should I attempt to find a blood bus volunteering gig for the summers too? Or should I add an activity during the school year?
It is not necessary to do the same activities in the summer as in the school year.
3. Should I include the following activities from high school? 400 hours of tutoring from 2009 - 2016 gives ~ 7 years of longevity. Should I include that I was the valedictorian of my high school as an honor?
No and no

Reactions: 1 users
These look good :) keep doing what you like and u don't need to worry :)